Brave Soul update

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
I got the news letter, same info as the web page.

PS. Check your mail spam filter, it may be filtering out the good stuff rather than
SEE WOMEN FUCK ** BEEP ** that I seem to be getting all time.

Sorry, I'll stop sending you those emails then...

Just kidding. No, the newsletter was there when I got home. And yeah, I've been tweaking my spam filter a bit. It's gotten better at least. Oh well, I'm sure I can find something to keep myself occupied until Brave Soul comes to my door...

Hmm, you guys did remind me that I need to check up on this other order I had. Supposidly shipped out on the 27th but if it got routed through California, who knows when I'll get it...

quote:
Originally posted by Toronian:
well at the least it answered my question thanks (even if it was uninentional)

I am glad it was answered even if unintentionally. I think the problem is we are all guessing about the answers here, with many reasons for a delay that range from the almost comical manual snafu, to the tragic fires in California, timing is massively different then it was intended to be or might normally be, so it is perhaps harder this time then any to give a straight answer to that question. At least that is my guess.

though the worst part of this i think is the fact we are guessing and none of us know so its a matter of the blind leading the blind here LOL ahh well cant really complain though at least if we continue on with this sooner or later the truth will be revealed someway or somehow LOL

quote:
though the worst part of this i think is the fact we are guessing and none of us know so its a matter of the blind leading the blind here LOL ahh well cant really complain though at least if we continue on with this sooner or later the truth will be revealed someway or somehow LOL

I think that is a lot of life, the blind leading the blind, and waiting for that truth to someday be revealed no matter how hard you seek it. Truth told I think some of us have past experience that we are basing our guesses on, so hopefully at least one of us is right.

well hey with soo many of us guessin one of us has to be right it is law of numbers

quote:
well hey with soo many of us guessin one of us has to be right it is law of numbers

Law of averages I think, and theoretically yes, but then again if 100 people guess at times all 100 can be wrong, so wait and see I guess, or hope for some information from those in the know about the situation.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 11-04-2003).]

JastUSA now shows Brave Soul as shipping too, so it seems what I guess I know of as the ‘Big Three’ Peach Princess, J-List and JastUSA all show it is as shipping, which only leaves the question if the pre-orders have been shipped or are to be shipped.

yes thats true or if they have been shipped and that error they mentioned a bit back just has some how played dice with the shipping emails, in which case no one knows

Aren’t Peach Princess, JAST USA and J-List all fronts to the same shippers anyway, though?

I know that I’ve placed orders with both JAST and PeaPri in the past, and in both cases got back a “the status of your order” email from Peter at J-List

Or is this a secret I shouldn’t tell people?

Of course, if that is the case, I don’t know why there’d be the slight variations in prices… my largest order I compared prices from the three at, and they came out as something like $195, $197 and $198 depending on which of the three I bought the 3-4 games from…

[This message has been edited by chronoluminaire (edited 11-05-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by chronoluminaire:
Aren't Peach Princess, JAST USA and J-List all fronts to the same shippers anyway, though?

I know that I've placed orders with both JAST and PeaPri in the past, and in both cases got back a "the status of your order" email from Peter at J-List [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Or is this a secret I shouldn't tell people? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/eek.gif[/img]

Of course, if that is the case, I don't know why there'd be the slight variations in prices... my largest order I compared prices from the three at, and they came out as something like $195, $197 and $198 depending on which of the three I bought the 3-4 games from...

[This message has been edited by chronoluminaire (edited 11-05-2003).]

I am not sure if they are all linked or not, If they are I think JAST is perhaps the most linked. Sometimes the link for games takes me too J-List and sometimes to Peach Princess for viewing the game description and sometimes just on the JAST sight.

See I thought they were three different warehourses, for lack of a better phrase, sort of like three different car lots. Sure each lot is a So and So's Dealership of the same car, so each one has the same brand name car for sale. At least that was my take on it. I might be wrong.

quote:
yes thats true or if they have been shipped and that error they mentioned a bit back just has some how played dice with the shipping emails, in which case no one knows

You mean it has shipped but they are fearful of telling people that because of the past experiences, so instead another problem of us growing impatient and guessing occurs? Sorry thinking like my undergraduate major again.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
I am not sure if they are all linked or not, If they are I think JAST is perhaps the most linked. Sometimes the link for games takes me too J-List and sometimes to Peach Princess for viewing the game description and sometimes just on the JAST sight.

JastUSA is pretty much J-Lists's American branch office. As for PeaPri, it's still not entirely clear. Let's see, how did Made In DNA-san put it...

"JAST USA and J-List are the same company. Peach Princess is company with which we have affiliation and contract with to sell Japanese games in English."

And considering how much, er, I guess "influence" is the word, Payne-sama seems to have here, I'm guessing he's at least an investor or part owner. But unless he or someone else close to the situation confirms it, it's just speculation on my part.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
JastUSA is pretty much J-Lists's American branch office. As for PeaPri, it's still not entirely clear. Let's see, how did Made In DNA-san put it...

"JAST USA and J-List are the same company. Peach Princess is company with which we have affiliation and contract with to sell Japanese games in English."

And considering how much, er, I guess "influence" is the word, Payne-sama seems to have here, I'm guessing he's at least an investor or part owner. But unless he or someone else close to the situation confirms it, it's just speculation on my part.

Ah okay, that actually makes a lot of sense when put in perspective.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:

I can shed some more light on this. Several months ago, when all the 'extra' things in their shop (like the artbooks, T-shirts, any collectible b-game cards left, etc) disappeared, I emailed Peach Princess asking where they went.

They were put into J-list's inventory, because 'inventory is all weird around con season, and keeping them separate was too much of a hassle anyhow'.

This is probably the clearest answer I've yet heard on the subject.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
I can shed some more light on this. Several months ago, when all the 'extra' things in their shop (like the artbooks, T-shirts, any collectible b-game cards left, etc) disappeared, I emailed Peach Princess asking where they went.

They were put into J-list's inventory, because 'inventory is all weird around con season, and keeping them separate was too much of a hassle anyhow'.

This is probably the clearest answer I've yet heard on the subject.

Ah okay, yes I have seen something recently too that seems to link or closely tie J-List with Peach Princess.

Has anyone gotten the game yet or a shipping notice at least? I assume if anyone got the game they would have posted it here?

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
Not if they are busy playing it. I suspect
maybie tommorow to have the first word.
Then again the stray lemmons could be making sure the goddess gets her copy first.

I had thought about the playing aspect too, but I also thought no one could resist the urge to, well brag about having it in their hands.
I don't know about lemmons always liked Calvin's thinking on that, 'when life gives you a lemon, wing it back an add some lemons of your own.'

I am on the brink of madness sitting here doing a Active Directory restore and wondering whether Brave Soul is in my mailbox . Hopefully it comes soon, I got a ready to ship notice but never heard anything again, like most of us here.

On a side note, any network admins out there should be cautious about upgrading to Windows 2003 Server, it devastated my PDC…

quote:
Originally posted by Bigdog:
I am on the brink of madness sitting here doing a Active Directory restore and wondering whether Brave Soul is in my mailbox [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]. Hopefully it comes soon, I got a ready to ship notice but never heard anything again, like most of us here.

On a side note, any network admins out there should be cautious about upgrading to Windows 2003 Server, it devastated my PDC...

I am still not sure if it will be shipped before the end of this week, presuming it has not already and we just have not gotten the notices about shipped. I still remember signs as recently as Tuesday on places like JAST which said something like should have the games to ship around the end of the first week in November. Well we are reaching that time now so let's see what happens.

shrug Hard to say really. Some CD’s I ordered from another company came in yesterday and they had shipped way back on the 17th. But then, most things coming out here funnel through the California hub and I’m guessing they’re still sorting out a bit since the fires.