Demonbane official thread (new)

i have a question how do i get ruri’s true end do i have to do anything special to get it

Replay the whole route. You can press ‘N’ to skip. When you get to near the last part, you will get new choice. Choose to bang her.

and any idea how i get the last 2 al cg’s i have completed ruri and al are they in the Leica route

Double check where you are given choices.

Well, I finished Al’s route
[Have not played any other routes or endings yet, … yes without a walkthrough I got the best end on first try! It’s pretty straight-forward] :

I really loved Demonbane. It’s a kickass epic story filled with heart-pounding action and the ‘craziest shit’ that captures your attention right from the start.
I highly recommend it to everyone unless they hate fantasy and giant robots. I don’t think there’s another novel quite like this one. It has its flaws, but it is probably my favorite JAST game now…

They did a great job with this release, and I cannot praise them enough. I WANT MORE! GIVE ME THE SEQUEL! X_X

First and foremost, the translation and writing are the highlight; they fit the characters and their strange City wonderfully. I found myself in Kurou’s shoes… laughing at times, getting pissed off, doing face palms… but generally just having a blast.

Second, the Cthulhu aspect gave it a lot of depth making it all the more interesting to read.

Third, each character was unique, and there’s never a dull moment. Even the minor characters that don’t get much screen time I must praise…

Last but not least :
The Sound effects and music were great. This is one of those games I gotta make sure to mention it. Many sounds were used well.
And Big props to the music, it helped bring the city to life.

Particular issues I have :
Not long enough! [Although remember I’ve only played the canon route so far]
Not enough day to day stuff. I really enjoyed the few crazy out-on-the town scenes.
Voices were only used in a few places. (But, I loved the unvoiced parts just as much as the voiced parts. In some ways, the unvoiced parts even helped me grow on some characters much faster.)
Movies were only used early in the game. They should have had more! Although, with the tons and tons of CGs; they did excellent without them.
Extras menu : No music player in the extras menu! And uh Staff Notes isn’t working.

Anyways personally this puts Demonbane up there with my current other favorite visual novels :
Utawarerumono. Tsukihime, G-senjou no maou, Phantom of Inferno, Yume Miru Kusuri.

EDIT: OH and the art was very good. There were a ton of CGs, so even without more movies it was very lively.

Is JAST going to get sequel here? I mean you guys put Demonbane Twosword artwork in the artbook that comes with the actual game! Isn’t that kind of prelude?

it depends on how well part one sells

So are only some in-game pictures added to the Event CG screen in Extras Mode? I’ve played just a bit into the game, as far as the first picture of Ruri where she’s wearing a dress, but still all the options besides “Back” in Extras Mode are blacked out. I don’t know if it’s a bug or supposed to be that way.

Something weird is going on because you shouldn’t even be able to get into the CG mode before you’ve reached an ending, if I recall correctly. If you can get into the CG mode, that picture should appear. It appears in mine- it’s the first one.

i meant both ruri’s and al’s route can be done without having to do leicass

In pretty much every h-game I’ve played that has an extras menu, you have to beat the game in order to unlock the functions. Sometimes which functions depends on which route you beat, but that’s less common.

You haven’t beaten the game yet, so that’s the way it’s supposed to work. Rest assured the game is tracking which CGs you’ve seen.

Ah, ok, good. I was basing my expectations on the only two other eroge I’ve played (Drug That Makes You Dream and Princess Waltz).

I got my copy~
\o/
…I may not post until I’m done with it~ :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, this is strange/frustrating. I just finished going through all the routes AGAIN, have 100% of all CG unlocked and 100% reminisce but still somehow missing the second movie in the top row of the movie section. Since I’ve literally gone through the game several times now and seen all images this tells me that a movie is simply not playing for me and I don’t know where it is or what I’m missing. Does anyone have that one unlocked yet? What is it?

I thought I was the only one with that issue. Maybe, JAST is going to patch that?

just got my copy at last

Just got my copy… and it’s is scratched. Bah, this is getting annoying.

any word on the patch fixes? the videos seem to be pretty messed up due to encode errors and so need to be re-encoded. they either freeze or skip to the end. patch to replace all the videos would solve this and maybe a fix to the master so future editions won’t need the patch… what about the text issues?

oh personal opinion but the subs for the videos… in future please dont do stuff like…DemonBaaaaaaane! really looks unprofessional, least to me.

And please make the booklets sized to fit the dvd case. It’s not like the “box” you use is made of chipboard and will last a while.

Other than that, I am enjoying the game. Wished it was “voiced” more…

[size=50]Get the voice patch[/size]

Technically, we are not allowed to discuss the voice patch on this board, as unless someone using it also owns the PS2 (Japanese import) version, it is copyright infringement.