Demonbane summer 2010 release

i am pretty sure they will release it the move probably delayed it shortly
well hopefully nitro+ didn’t release lose the uncensored data

Then, let’s just hope nothing bad happens to relationship between JAST and Nitro+. So far, it seems good to me.
And I am over half done on translating first prequel.

can you post summaries for us that don’t wanna read the whole thing

Here? Through pm?

If you ARE going to post it here, please mark it in spoilertext. (Also it might make sense to start a new topic for it, this is the “OMG, where’s my game?!” thread :wink:

either way works for me

Is it okay if I post something that spoil some parts of routes from the first game? Because the novel uses them. (And Hageneya Jin approved all 3 novels as canon.)
I will post brief regardless of my progress. At least, give it a shot when I am done. :wink:

I think if you post in a seperate topic, and clearly label it “DEMONBANE SPOILERS INSIDE” and have the whole post in spoiler markers then you should be fine posting it to this board.

first novel sumery is up
2nd an update from jast
http://www.nitroplususa.com/demonbane-update/
it says it will be done when it is done

http://www.nitroplususa.com/wp-content/ … status.jpg

Sounds to me like the problem is that Nitroplus coded the ending to use (say) " or ! as a special character telling the engine to do something, and now for the US version, they have to go back and change the engine to avoid using any character for script commands that’s legit English punctuation. Then they have to go back and edit all the game scripting files to change the characters in question.

Irony that the announcement poppoed up as soon as I finished the novel brief. Guess what?

I suspect the staff noticed people on the board were beginning to doubt the game would ever be released, so they felt they needed to make some kind of announcement.

I doubt it, quite frankly. I mean, we know this new engine uses a bytecode format, as opposed to the old interpreted language (which did have these problems), and from the way it’s phrased I’d say it’s more of a formatting/display issue than an interpreter symbol issue. No less important, though, because it still needs to be fixed, but hopefully won’t involve rewriting the script compiler.

Oh, really? I must have missed the announcement that the new engine is a bytecode virtual machine. Where was that?

There was no announcement. The reason we know is because Demonbane is not the first release to use this new engine.

they had problems with steins gate that uses the same engine before they worked on this

Now this is December. Let’s see whether JAST keeps the promise or not.

I don’t recall hearing a “by the end of the year” promise … just “Summer 2010 – oops, nevermind”.

Based on the last update, where they said Nitroplus was still converting the script … I wouldn’t expect the game to be out by the end of the year. Jast has some playtesting and final error checks after Nitroplus finishes with it. Even if Nitroplus finishes inserting the script before Christmas, it will probably be after the holidays that the checks are done.

But even if there’s an announcement that the game’s gone gold next week, I would highly doubt the game would be out before the end of the month. The replication houses aren’t going to be running at full steam.

replication is worse this time of year
maybe they will give buyers early down options

Grrr, no Demonbane yet? :stuck_out_tongue: It’s kinda rude that they weren’t able to complete at least their first title in a timely fashion… (Nitro+USA)
But, then again without knowing the full story; I guess I shouldn’t begrudge them :stuck_out_tongue:

They just don’t realize how important this parternership is to the future of humanity! :x