Doushin was NOT properly tested

mmm… I don’t like the sound of this, i guess I should ask for some advice since I intend to buy all 3 games (after clearing some backlog, that is)

I don’t have the winxp installation disk, can I download the files for the Asian language… thingy… ( :frowning:

[ 06-12-2006, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Nintakaru ]

Nintakaru, what game or anime is that avatar from?

Rin Kamishiro from Maburaho.
Manga is cool, but the anime - while pretty - kinda sucks because the main character (Kazuki Shikimori) uses his spells a little too fast and frivolously. In the manga, he doesn’t use one for quite awhile into the story. Meh… Rin is teh cutest and for teh win!

I have a problem with my copy of Doushin. It’s not with the text, but with one scene. It’s the scene with Miho having a fantasy about the boy she likes in her bedroom. The picture doesn’t change to the other two pictures in the scene. I was wondering if this was just my copy, or that of other people’s as well. ^^; Other than that, I am enjoying the game, alot! Very orginal! You know how to pick’em, Peter!
-Nicole Wagner: The Deadly Gambit

I’d rather go for Kuriko!
[list][]rich[/][]busty[/][*]oujousama-type, so it should be fun re-educating her… }8)~~~~~~[/*][/list]

I’m glad you agree, Woodelf. I think that’s one of the good points of this game, playing it from the female perspective. Crowd is so good at bringing guys into the, ah, female perspective. (X-Change is related to that too)

Yeah I have that problem with mine too

I’m guessing that reinstalling the east-asian languages will fix the … um… interesting loading problems? Whenever a new voice comes up the game FREEZES completely for 5-10 seconds, maybe longer. Game takes about that long to strat up, too, maybe a bit longer. What’s the deal here?

IF you are running XP insert the second disk labled music CD… XP doesn’t play MIDI very well… this will fix your problem. Hey I am being nice too … Lamuness would have told you to read your Manual for 2000 and XP users… it does state it in there. anyway Lamuness I want to hear it from you anyway. :slight_smile:

[ 06-21-2006, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: ms308680 ]

Incredibly, the asian-text installation alone DID fix it. Can’t figure that one out! However… this game is kind of disturbing.
I was really looking forward to it, but… there’s a lot of rape. I hate rape in H-games, but it’s such a frequently occuring theme… and this game is just FULL OF THE FREAKING THING. Seriously, is there ANY way to prevent Ryoko from being raped MULTIPLE TIMES? I hate how she is so powerless! Why doesn’t she tell the police or quit her job or ANYTHING? Her in-game reason of “needing to support her sisters” is BS - given their power, when she gets raped, the other two sisters also feel the horrible dread and sadness related to the act, so she is hurting her sisters by remaining with a company that abuses her and other women on a regular basis. Seriously, this is the first time since the OLD C’s-Ware games that I wish characters would die for this in the games… and at least in C’s-Ware games people DID die if they were evil, in this game the rapists get off scott free. It’s really creepy and depressing.

The only character who doesn’t seem to get raped (but I’ve only played through the game 3 times now, once almost 100% as Ryoko, another almost 100% as Miho, and the third switching between Ryoko and Miho frequently, including one time where I was able to prevent something from going excessively wrong, but Ryoko STILL GOT RAPED ANYWAYS) is Maki. Maki’s got a boyfriend but they never have sex (as far as I can tell) so she not only doesn’t get raped, but she’s the only one who doesn’t score on her own. Seriously, what is with this game? The rape is just creepy.

(EDIT) Another thing… it seems like Miho wasn’t “aged” perfectly - one of the sisters thinks she’s going through puberty or something… at age 18. Err… I wonder how old Miho was originally? That just makes her rape scene a million times worse.
(EDIT2) Oh yeah… not only is the rape terrible, but Ryoko seems to be able to grow to accept it. Ugh, beyond sick. She won’t tell anyone about it and she can (apparently) learn to like it. That’s just great, Crowd.

[ 06-21-2006, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Gohanks ]

bravo… I have a server based computer and it still froze when I tried to use MIDI… put the music CD in and runs really smothly.

I use XP and Applocale because even in non-unicode enviroment setting there is a xp bug. I reported this bug to M$ and they admitted it was a bug that caused all / to show up as a Y looking symbol breaking some software. Worst thing they also admitted they would not fix the bug at all what great support from them. Anyway ssing AppLocale you can run games in japanese without changing your windows settings just need to have the fonts installed.

Now let’s go a step further and make it easier to launch programs with applocale without the need to manually launch applocale. create a text file I called mine Add_AppLocale_Context_Menu.inf and add these lines to the new text file, be sure that the text file ends with .inf or it will not work.

; Run to add AppLocale context menu to Explorer
; Brought to you by AnimeMusouka
;
; -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Version]
signature=$CHICAGO$

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=Add_Policy

[Add_Policy]
HKCR,/shell/AppLocale,“Open with AppLocale Japanese Support”
HKCR,
/shell/AppLocale/command,“C:/WINDOWS/AppPatch/AppLoc.exe “””%L""" “”"/L0411""""

Now just right click the inf file and select install. Now to launch any program with applocale for japanese just right click and select Open with applocale Japanese Support.

[ 07-02-2006, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: molitar ]

i thought applocale makes shortcuts for you (or at least give you the option to do so)?

it does… and thanks everyone

Lamuness it does but the user has to manually browse to the executable than launch it and select create shortcut. But I can even right click on a shortcut in my start menu and tell it launch with applocale. I found it easier than always finding the folder the executable located at and it allows me to launch any program quickly.

hawat, if you dont want the hassle of rebooting (which is completely understandable) you can try the applocale method as it doesnt require any rebooting (although you will have to install asian fonts nevertheless)

Forgot to reply before, tried the method you outlined and sure enough, got my asian fonts support in order, many thanks Kagami :slight_smile:

Isn’t the manga just 2 volumes long? I doubt there would be a enough time (space?) to develop a good story :slight_smile:

Exactly: the winner is - ME!
Because you all want to play with Katana-girl, that leaves Kuriko entirely to me! :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno. Rin was my favorite character, mostly because she’s the only one from that show I actually liked (literally the only one), so I couldn’t manage to get more than about halfway thru that one …

You hear Unicorn’s response, you then say:

A) Well played Sir, well played.

B) I guess sometimes is ok to settle for second best…

How about ADV style answers?, I’d go with B, by the way :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 08-03-2006, 03:08 AM: Message edited by: Nintakaru ]