Downhill Night...that was fast.

I’ve finally decided to do a little writeup of the cars in MDN1.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ehznnp

Whoever manages JastUSA’s MDN page is free to use this at their own discretion, as long as they give credit where it’s due. This is something that I simply wrote up in 90 minutes, but feel free to give it a look.

EDIT: A small word of warning. I’ve only played MDN2 and not the original, so I made a conscious decision to involve as little of the plot as possible to prevent errors or false assumptions.

Michi dose indead have 2 scenes and both of them are at the end. One is for not having sex with with the other girls. The other is having sex with the other girls, but still choosing to stay with Michi

For those who’ve made some headway playing the game…how does it compare to, say, a similar style game like Shuffle?

I hope the printing being pushed back doesn’t mean that people who pre-ordered the digital download version will have to wait even longer, since supposedly we weren’t getting the download version until the disc version had arrived.

Speaking of which, what exactly is the point of digital pre-order since you apparently don’t get the download code until it’s up for regular sale anyway? I just do it to overcome the time-zone difference due to the manual billing, so I won’t have to wait a full day after ordering to play. Similarly, why can’t you pre-order digitally as soon as pre-orders are up for the disc version? I like pre-ordering, but getting the disc version is out of the question because not only can’t I be arsed with keeping discs (and sometimes losing them, like I did with Crescendo), but the costs due to shipping and taxes here make them a lot more expensive. I pre-order digital download games all the time from Impulse and Steam, so why treat digital download only customers differently for these games? I hesitate calling it being treated like a second-rate customer, but I’m really having problems coming up with a good reason for why I’m having to wait for my game while these discs are being sorted (since I “pre-ordered” too, if “only” the digital version, and as soon as they’d let me), and the download version already is technically available since the disc printing issue made them give out digital download codes to those that ordered the physical copies.

Yes, I’m impatient, I need to play this game completely through before Dragon Age: Origins (and later Left 4 Dead 2) comes out and eats all my remaining free time the rest of the year. I don’t like having to divide my attention between different games :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t worry about that, this game is really short… ^_~

Well, you know, never put off until tomorrow what you can do today!

Normally I don’t see any point in a digital pre-order, but this is a special case. The only reasons to pre-order a physical product are that 1) it gets shipped to you automatically without you having to track the shipping date, 2) pre-orders shipments can be timed so you get the game as soon as it’s officially released, and 3) pre-order bonuses (such as free shipping). None of these perks are relevant to downloads, as they typically take less than an hour over a good connection, thus there’s no delays or shipping fees that need to be avoided (and do you really need automatic downloads?). Any added processing time is simply inefficiency on JAST’s part; they should fix that rather than construct a download pre-order system to mask the real issue.

Got my code today, so I guess we’re at least not made to wait for the new discs!

It was my birthday two weeks ago and my little sister wanted to give me money so I could buy something.
I ordered Downhill night and cosplay fetish academy.

Now that I think about it, there is something wrong in the fact that I bought eroge with my sister’s money… but what ? :oops:
At least I didn’t tell her what I ordered.

Back to the topic, no I understand why my order is on hold.
I’m not in a hurry (some nice people robbed my appartment… and relieved me of my laptop, PS3 slim, … but they didn’t want my eroge collection :lol: ) and I still have to finish KK when I get my new computer.

Are they shipping the CD versions now? Or are they only available via download at the moment?

Just got my copy! Seems to be a solid DVD case, better than a few wimpy cases I’ve received in the past… Everything looks good~ :smiley:

Started playing tonight, and 5 minutes in, within a span of 30 seconds, I’ve gone from nearly blowing a gasket to laughing my ass off.
Sadly, I only have a screencap from the former.

Anyone want to take a stab at what she actually said? Most of the text is correct according to the audio, but there’s one detail in this text block that has me shaking my fist in anger.

What made me laugh my ass off was “Dreaded Soba Rider”, a few blocks later. I’m sort of a Kamen Rider fan.

Interesting lil ADV and the car navigation scenes were quite a nice change… my only hiccup is that it was so short T_T (add to the fact the girls paths were all fairly linear as well @_@)

On a sidenote… is it just me or is there a problem w/ Michi’s first scene on the Scene Replay? Mine just goes to the black screen and remains stuck =(

Well, I managed to fix most, if not all of the text niggles.

Yes, it feel short compared to the sequel, but it has its quirks that make it stand out.

how long is the game

I got it today. I’ve too many VN to try before but I wonder if I should open it to check if it’s the right disk :smiley:

not very long

Short and fairly linear xD But the Navigation stuff was a nice change of pace =3

On the game itself though… I am actually wondering whats with all the weird car model names? o_o;;;

Does it have any story or is it all moe and H-scenes?

Yeah, it’s a story about car racing. :wink: And I quite enjoyed it, although it could have been longer…