Downhill Night...that was fast.

Does it get at all utsuge/nakige-ish? :stuck_out_tongue:

A short eroge is a plus to me after finishing KiraKira…

Downhill Night? Naw. It ends on happy notes.

Unless you consider the sexual corruption of a nun to be unhappy… in a church no less. :twisted:

Who’s your God now, baby? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t sound like my kind of game unless I run out of stuff to play.

But the nun scene must be quite disturbing, I’m sure. =O

Oops, forgot to post something. If you’re frickin’ tired of seeing all the altered car names (they made me RAGE, like Tokyopop’s alteration to the Initial D anime and the earlier volumes of its manga), pick this up: http://www.sendspace.com/file/gzmsd0

This system pkd. file contains script files with the original names, and a few grammar corrections (not all of them at this point, I need a more in-depth look). Just place it in the game directory and overwrite.

I saw it for sale at Anime USA, anyway is the racing part hard?

Only the third game in the series has an actual racing sim.

thank you, very much, I might get the game at Katsucon

finished 3 day ago i took like 5 hours for end this game (all route) a very small game well at last cg are well done…

are the other 2 games longer or have more cg

I can vouch for Downhill Night 2 having a longer completion time and having more CGs. Blaze? I wouldn’t know, as I’m not bothering with it.

Part of the reason this game is so short is that while there are a ton of decisions to make that slightly alter what happens and what people say, you can get all the endings in just 2 playthroughs: 1 playthrough where you sleep with everyone, save after the last race, then just reload and pick a different girl at the last decision point until you’ve gotten all the endings. Then one playthrough where you don’t sleep with anyone until the very end (for Michi’s best epilogue). Oh, and you might need one reload for Kyoko’s extra CGs (if you ask her to be a waiter for you instead of sleeping with her). That’s about it. But there are more things that can happen in the game than that, they just doesn’t give you any CGs or impact the story, so reloading and looking for them is slightly pointless.

Is the text skip function playing up for anyone else? I’m on my second playthrough and I’m not able to skip text I’ve already read. Occasionally I’ll hit the skip button and it’ll fast forward for a couple of seconds before stopping at a seemingly arbitrary place. Even when I got a game over during the races I wasn’t able to skip upon reloading.

As for the game itself, all I can muster is a big fat meh. All it has going for it is the attractive CG (except the loli… ugh) and… that’s all. Oh well. At least it was cheap.

Yeah, the text skipping does that to me as well. It would skip a few lines and then just stop for no reason. Must be a bug of some sorts.

The skip button on the UI’s been giving me problems as well to the point that I’ve simply used the good 'ol CTRL key for skipping. Chalk that up to another bug that seemed to have cropped up in the localization. Can’t tell if it was in the original version as I don’t have a copy of that.

The text skipping works for me, but if you arrive at a point in the game through a different set of decisions than the first time, it’ll sometimes consider the text not read. I’m assuming there is a minor difference there that makes it a separate part of the script, even if it’s almost impossible to notice. I saw a few areas where the text was almost the exact same as on the last try with the exception of a couple of words or a sentence being worded differently based on the decisions I made in order to get there. It makes no real discernible impact on the game or story, but it’s still different text and so it isn’t technically read before. But again, sometimes the difference is so minor it’s nearly impossible to notice. The only reason I noticed sometimes was because I reloaded the game a lot and tried out various decisions to see what I ended up with, so I remembered the text well enough to spot the minor changes.

Sometimes the text does seem to be identical though, but since you probably got there through a different set of decisions it might be a different (maybe duplicate) part of the script.

Yeah, I did make different decisions during my second playthrough, acquiring some CG in the process. I guess that would explain it, although it’s annoying when the changes are so minor.

I know what you mean. I can’t remember where it was (one of the earlier parts), but there was one section where the only difference was just 1 sentence of no real importance from your character, but the entire section was considered unread as far as the text skipping goes.

@Michelous: Can’t vouch for Donwhill Night 2… but Blaze is fairly long… mainly because there is about ummm… 4-5 Stages/Racing courses you need to clear… and obiously they need to all be done for every girl. So it’s not so bad but it can get tedious =P The racing stages themselves are pretty easy… specially since the AI just breaks whereas you can take advantage of powersliding a lot on the racing stages. Only the last race actually requires you to pay attention to your line… mainly because its just a circuit so… no turns = AI doesn’t slow down so u need to keep at top pace for most of it… that being said its still easy xD

@Insanity:Nah the nun scene wasn’t really disturbing or anything… all pretty much consensual and whatnot xD

Edit: Btw so did anyone have issues w/ CG recollection for Michi’s first memory? Mine pretty much just fades to black and just stops there… scene won’t load and I’m stuck w/ a black screen which usually means i need to close and restart the game =(

Please delete this post

I’m looking forward to a short game. I just bought 5 games I’ve been putting off and this will fit well in between so I have something quick and easy to play. Sometimes games that take too long really get uninteresting to me after a while. But the ones I ordered all seem like they’ll be good, Heartwork, Princess Waltz, Family Project, Cosplay Fetish Academy, and this. Still gotta get through Raidy and a couple others too, damn.