Downhill Night...that was fast.

Yes, I think Downhill Night sure belongs to the “short but enjoyable” game category. But I hope the follow-ups will be longer…

In Kyouko’s first love scene, on the final CG does anyone have it show the picture of her covered with sperm first, then when Shou cums it changes to her not covered in sperm? Kind of a weird little glitch. Also, how come none of the girls ever say his name? It’s not like you can change it, so it seems weird they left it out of the voiced part completely.

But you can change the protagonist’s name. Maybe this functionality was removed in the translation.

That would explain it not being voiced, but I didn’t see any option to change his name, not that I really care. It was just something I thought I would ask.

I caught the CGs being displayed out order in that scene, and subsequently fixed it by having the offending CGs switch places in the corresponding script files. There’s no way to tell if that error also exists in the original. I’ll ask my friend, who does have it, if he comes online tonight.

EDIT: Forgot to update. Turns out my friend uninstalled the JPN version when the JASTUSA localization came out.

IMO it was worse than I thought…
I don’t regret buying it since it was cheap but… I know short games far more interesting (hinatabokko, true remembrance, Saya no Uta, Narcissu, …).
I’ll probably buy the sequels but it’s only to support jast…

It’s too bad you didn’t really enjoy it. I’m just easy to please I suppose, plus Yuuna was a really fun character to interact with. I just try to enjoy the games for what they are, but I can see people being put off by it as well. Here’s hoping the sequels fare better, and judging from what I’ve read they are pretty much guaranteed to.

I’m impressed by the fact you remember a character’s name lol.
You spend so few time with all of them that you can’t remember them.

The main problem of this VN is that the ratio lenght / girls is too low (5H / 5 girls).
For a game this short there should be 3 girls maximum if you want to give them enough character developement.

I apologize in advance for the bump. Anyway, I’m looking for a completed save of this. I have all but 3 of the scenes unlocked, and I’m not about to take hours going through the game again just to get them (the trigger points for 2 of them are quite early in the game, and I have no clue how to unlock the other one). Anyone have a save they would like to contribute?

sagaoz.net/savedata

Thanks anyway, but I may not need that save after all.

That is against the rules.

Anyway, (sorry for mini modding) I thought the game was pretty good for $25. Espicially since it was the first game in a series.

Er, sorry to clarify, but savedata is against the rules? In what way? I see nothing in the rules about this as it does not constitute a modification or patch to the game.

Don’t see anything wrong with savefile requests. Also, I forgot to mention this, but the MDN savefile on Sagaoz isn’t compatible with the version that was localized. Sagaoz’s save is for the original, while I was (yes was, I don’t need one anymore) looking for a save for MDN Type R. Interestingly, I haven’t been able to find much info on this “Type R” version. TOP’s page doesn’t have info on it when I last checked.

Oh, It’s CG sets. Oops. Sorry.

Downhill Night 2 is in beta :smiley:

I’m starting to wonder what sort of wacky names the localization staff will come up with for the cars in the English version of MDN2, given the alterations that took place for the first game.

Downhill Night 2 has gone Golden Master http://www.peterpayne.net/2010/06/moero … -soon.html. Considering it generally takes a month for printing it probably won’t be available at AX, although seeing as it is Con season they might be able to rush the production a bit. Hopefully this will help speed up their work on Demonbane.

They’ll probably announce the release date at AX though.

I’m still gonna be wondering what sort of acrobatics they’re gonna pull off to bypass copyrights.