Future games?

quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar:
As for dark games... I wouldn't want to see the English market dominated by it. I frankly don't like games with abuse or rape. My personal tastes, I know, and everyone is different. I can handle the occasional game with such in them, but I'd buy 10 fun/light/comedic games for every dark game I order, at best (for dark game). And if the game is too dark, I may just set it aside, and never return to it, but note who made it... as I will be less likely to buy a game with the names main names involed.

Don't worry, it's unlikely that the market will be dominated by dark games. sure, there's a few like that out, but grey or light games still dominate the market and it'll most likely remain that way (which is of no greater sorrow to me, since I can get how many dark games I want in japanese ;p). However, dark games has to be released to provide a variety and to satisfy the fans of that genre too.

smog, just because darkstar calls me “sir” or any other noble title doesn’t mean he’s olf…and i dont think he is the person to play jewel knights in the first place

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
keep in mind that what you guys want or think do not necessarily reflect the tastes of the general market. sure i can see why people dont like X-change and why people have no nominations for the rest of the crowd titles and i can see why you lolicons out there want emu games, and why some of you guys are fed up with trabulance games over at gc, etc etc.....but you guys are kinda in the "hardcore fans" category to some extent and for us we have to think about the other side of the spectrum. the x-change series dont sell well for no reason...actually i dunno the current sales figures so i shouldn't have said that :P but dollar votes do count and we cannot ignore those for the sake of you guys

I cannot deny that the money dollar fans are very important, hopefully though not so much as those hardcore that would give support at a time I hope never comes, long after the lifeboats are gone and the ship is going down, to make an analogy.

Nevertheless, is it possible what I was saying earlier, that one of the reasons the money dollar fans always tend to gravitate toward one type of game is because there is no other types for them to really sink their teeth into as it were, or few examples of the other types? If there were more examples is it at least possible that instead of demanding more mainstream (or whatever they demand) they might suddenly find themselves liking other types? Yes it is hypothetical, but it is also something to consider when weighing this issue.

Also what did you mean by "the x-change series dont sell well for no reason" that it doesn't sell well or that it does sell well over here? I am getting confused with the two negatives in the same sentence.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
I cannot deny that the money dollar fans are very important, hopefully though not so much as those hardcore that would give support at a time I hope never comes, long after the lifeboats are gone and the ship is going down, to make an analogy.

Nevertheless, is it possible what I was saying earlier, that one of the reasons the money dollar fans always tend to gravitate toward one type of game is because there is no other types for them to really sink their teeth into as it were, or few examples of the other types? If there were more examples is it at least possible that instead of demanding more mainstream (or whatever they demand) they might suddenly find themselves liking other types? Yes it is hypothetical, but it is also something to consider when weighing this issue.

Also what did you mean by "the x-change series dont sell well for no reason" that it doesn't sell well or that it does sell well over here? I am getting confused with the two negatives in the same sentence.

double negatives = positive

quote:
double negatives = positive

Okay, just wanted to make sure though why it sells well continually seems to be a mystery at least to me, it is good but by far not the best on the market, at least in my opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by Baldo:
Frankly, I'm totally fed up with CROWD games, and, in my opinion, it's time for a change

[img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/confused.gif[/img]
How many of the not yet localized CROWD-games did you already play in japanese to justify such an all-encompassing sentence?

There are some games in CROWD's repertoire that are pretty unique in their own right and the two that Spec already recommended are striking examples.

Regarding the original question:
I share Spectator's opinion:
My preferences of the not yet localized CROWD-games are as follows:

• Fukushuu - Ryoujoku no Yaiba
  • Obbligato
  • X-Change 3
  • Owarinaki Maidotachi no Yoru (I can't really recommend this game. Actually, I recommend to forget about it until you really don't find titles that are more worth the effort...)

... and taking into account that we here are a vanishing minority, I think it is a fairly good guess if we will see this list turned upside down as the list of new announced/negotiated projects. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

In this list I intentionally left out:

• Doushin because it is already worked on
  • Miss You because I haven't played it enough to have an opinion about it
  • Fukushuu (the first CROWD-game ever) and Kyoushi because there was a statement some time ago that such old games are out of the question as well as I don't know these two either

Oh, and if I wouldn't have removed Doushin from the first list, it would have been on second place, right ahead of Obbligato.

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 08-02-2004).]

haven’t been here in a while but wow. All these new things happening. I’ve just skimmed through this thread and took a look at Crowds website and it looks pretty cool. Personally I’d go for the nun one. That one looks interesting.

I did not know Doushin was Crowd I thought it was Will or something similar to that idea. As you hinted at though it is in process so it really does not matter for this discussion since it is already in process.

Well it also does not seem to be the typical fair for Crowd based on those that I have seen on their site, it sounds like a more involved plot then the others I have seen on their site, at least more original with the sort of “quantum leap” between the sisters idea.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-02-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
[img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/confused.gif[/img]
How many of the not yet localized CROWD-games did you already play in japanese to justify such an all-encompassing sentence?

There are some games in CROWD's repertoire that are pretty unique in their own right and the two that Spec already recommended are striking examples.

I'm sorry for touching one of your soft spots, Unicorn, but, nevertheless, I cannot help remembering the 380+ erogames released in 2003 only. Your preferred titles are valid, no doubt about it (although I must admit that, after playing with all the English-localized CROWD games, I'm a bit mistrustful: only BraveSoul has been a truly enjoyable experience, for me), but it's undeniable that even better games are available in the Japanese market. I don't tell to abandon CROWD games, but, once exhausted the "CROWD option", a new source/Japanese erogame producer will be necessary...
It's just time to think about it, in my opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar:
Er... olf?

Orange/lemon fighter?

Now there's a guilty reaction if I ever saw one. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 08-02-2004).]

You have any catgirl games Seems the catgirls fanatics have spoken in their GC poll And I belive Marin was a favorite character to a number of us in BS

Okay, having read up some (in that other thread) … I think Obbligato sounds good.

Humm… Brave Soul and Tokimeki Check In! are both Crowd projects, aren’t they? Sure, TCI! wasn’t released recently, but its still a good game. Is that an average/moderate game people would prefer from Crowd? I’m just curious.

As I have said elsewhere, I count each new English translated B-Game as a step in the right direction. I might not particularly like the game if it’s highly abusive or whatever, but others will. And that just means more happy people in the English market, doesn’t it? Should we really be moaning about the lack of our favorite flavors or what we may perceive as too much of the same themes (basic romance sim, sex romp, etc)? Or is this just to make us feel better?

I’m not picking on anyone, I just wonder what good it does to continue talking about how “we” would like more of this or that. Sir Lamuness saw it, and responded to it. So what else can we accomplish at this time by whining about “Crowd” titles being the same ole-same ole? Is there anyone else “we” need to see this thread?

[This message has been edited by Darkstar (edited 08-02-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Now there's a guilty reaction if I ever saw one. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

I was confused. I thought the "olf" comment was some text or forum shorthand I wasn't aware of. I've lurked here for a few months pretty steady lately, and made infrequent passes prior. So I'm still learning the ins and outs of this forum.

ok darkstar here’s a breakdown of what’s made by whom:

CROWD:
X-change
X-change2
Tokimeki CheckIn
Brave Soul
Doushin (in progress)
X-change3 (in progress)

WILL:
Snow Drop
Critical Point
Water Closet
Gibo
Little My Maid (in progress)

THE ODD ONE WHO WENT BANKRUPT:
Gunshield Warrior Sakigake (in progress)

i hope i didn’t miss any titles we have officially announced

ADD:
regarding this thread, note that all of this is not going to happen in the near future, we want to clear our existing titles out of the pipeline first (maybe to the point when only XC3 is left)

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 08-02-2004).]

Well, my stance in this matter is still quite clear:

1. Fukushuu - Ryoujoku no Yaiba
2. Obbligato
3. Yin & Yang (seems like I’m one of the few ones who’d like to see this one released… <_<).
4. Owarinaki Maidotachi no Yoru (but like Unicorn I say that this should only be released id there’s nothing better to do or if they want a quick game to fill an all too empty space between the releases).

Futhermore, I think we should forget the sister companies alltogether ;p (none of these looks tempting to me) gets stomped by Nandemonai

so what now, i am stuck between spec who is some screwed up dark kichiku freak, and nandemonai who is some screwed up lolicon story oriented freak…

man, life is so difficult…

some quick news, we will consider emu since we do have some interest since the beginning, although some people in our company feel that the characters look pretty loli…anyways we will see how it goes, no official promises

quote:
so what now, i am stuck between spec who is some screwed up dark kichiku freak, and nandemonai who is some screwed up lolicon story oriented freak.....

man, life is so difficult...

That's our line! We're the ones who're forced to entrust ourselves and our wishes to some screwed up oppai-crazy-freak [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Edit: and on the side-note, regarding MY fetish, notice that when I say "ignore all sister companies", I also include Anim, which has some quite dark games indeed, in favor of for example Obbligato and Yin Yang, which are probably far less dark than Anim's titles are <_<.

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 08-03-2004).]

quote:
THE ODD ONE WHO WENT BANKRUPT:
Gunshield Warrior Sakigake (in progress)

The name of the company who went bankrupt is Hobibox Europe. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
quote:
nandemonai who is some screwed up lolicon story oriented freak.....

I have looked at CGs from those games yesterday, and they don't all look that loli to me.

i personally feel ok with emu characters, just a tad on the younger side, but nothing serious

no, by bankrupt i was referring to the JAPANESE COMPANY who made the game, not hobibox europe; at least that’s what peter told me…which means we get no technical backup or support on sakigake and we are pretty much on our own if we get stuck with a stupid bug or something