Games from a female point of view?

I 'm not sure what you’re saying …I still am not sure how I may have used the word "gay " wrong .Gay being used to mean homosexual is recent only from a historic point of view . Gay has been used commonly to mean homosexual for longer thanmy lifetime . Would it have been better if I had said " anti-lesbain slur " ?
Anyways , this is all getting off track . So to get things back on track …
Is there any word on upcoming games geared toward females , yaoi or straight ?
Does anybody have any thought on Yo-Jin-Bo ?
I 've bought Y-J-B , but haven’t played it yet . I 'm really curious about it , but I 've been absorbed with X-Change 3 & Animamundi , so I haven’t gotten into it yet .

I have Yo-Jin-bo.I liked it. Just wish there were more like it. But, :frowning: No one cares, so I give up. If there were more games like Yo-Jin-Bo, I would like to know there names cause for the love of it, I can not think of any. Yo-Jin-Bo is the only game that’s Otome (If that’s how you spell it.GxB) game that I was talking about that they should release more of. Whether H or not.I think I’ll try to get into Yaoi games like Enzai, cause that’s the only type of game that has what I like,that is releasing in America,and that is Boys/Bishies.

Oh, and I am sorry if my comment earliar offended anyone. Have a nice day or night

Actually Gay meant happy in the golden days like the 50’s. Now, it’s Gay for Homosexual men. Now, I know that if I say anything bad about Lesbians, I get told off or something. The thing is that I don’t have a problem aginst gay i mean homosexuals, what ever is you sexual pref is is your own business.

I am just fed up, of being outcasted cause I am a straight woman who want straight bishies games, While others talk about Yuri games, in female pov. It’s just, never mind. I’m just sorry.

I apologize for posting the link there. I didn’t think anyone here would get mad over it (I was expecting praise for the title and a movement to convince PP to localize it).

NO, it’s ok, just warn if it’s Yuri or whatever. You know, I was hoping to see Bishies, but was shot down in flames.

Ok , apology accepted .No hard feelings , really.
Really , we have more in common than we do different . I can enjoy any kind of game if it’s good, but my first choice are yaoi games , my second choice is GxB, third choice is Bishojo .I want the sames traight Bishie games released that you do , you just want them more lol.
I really feel like people 's differences are emphesised too much , that people overlook all that we have in common. We 're all interested here in Anime games . Some us have different subsets of the genre we’re more into , but the Anime gaming community is still a small world . We should try to be as welcoming to everyone as possible . The more anime games that sell , the more the market can expand to offer more diverity in merchandise so that everybody wins .
I’ve always been out here as a gay man , and I 've never felt like an outcast here , you shouldn’t either . You 're probably in the minority , as most people here are straight men , but that doesn’t make you an outcast . I hope you’ll continue to make your voice heard here.I 'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the games you’ve played , and your thoughts on the genre .
What is the meaning of the word Otome ? I can tell by it’s usage it means GirlxBoy , but I don’t know what it stands for .
But I agree , GXB games are not coming out as fast . There are tons of games marketed toward straight men , understandably , that’s the majority of the market . As the market grows , more of the games you want will be out there.I 'd be surprised if another GxB game isn’t released in the next year.
You should have a bonus disc of music videos that came with Yo - Jin - Bo that will have previews for a lot of Hirameki games . Hirameki 's games are all non erotic , and I think would have a greater appeal to females than a lot of the more erotic Bishojo games. The preivews might help lead you toward something you’d like .
Ai Yori Aoshi is a female harem game , but it looks to have a more sweet main romance , and is not sexually explicit , so you might try that .
I’ve heard great things about Ever 17 too . I ordered a copy for myslef a few days ago but I haven’t gotten it yet .
I’m completely obsessed with Animamundi right now . It’s packed with Bishonens , and has an awesome storyline , as the hero is drawn into outlawed dark alchemy to save his sister 's life . It has a very dark theme , very Anne Rice gothic . At the begining a demon questions you about a lot of things , including your prefered sexual partner , male or female , so gay or straight romance is your choice . The game definitely has BL elements , but nothing heavy or explicit .If you can enjoy the movie Interview with the Vampire , then you could enjoy this , the BL elements are no stronger here in what I’ve seen so far, than in Interview . The romantic pairings aren’t really the focus anyways , the plot is the main thing .I can’t say enough good things about this game, I highly recommend it .Gorgeous art , great music and voice acting , complicated deep story , likable cast of characters that I realy grew to care about .In Japan it was marketed as a woman’s game , while here it’s been marketed as a horror game for both genders , which I think works better.

Thank you. I have been wanting to try Animamundi, but never gotting around to purchase it yet. I have seen some of it and thought it was very beautiful, and I like Horror, no I love Horror.

I have seen Ai Yori Aoshi Anime, and I thought it was boring, but the game might be alright, I’m just more into Male Harem more :slight_smile: I have Love Hina Anime, and I loved it more, it was so funny.

Otome games (If I spelled it right) is looking it up all I could find is that it refers to GxB games.

Yeah, I do want Bishie games alot more than anyone, I guess. I visited the sites of the games,and see the guys they have in them and I’m like __ heart beating max. Under the moon is an example, Under the moon I can’t read Japanese,so i don’t know their names. Just the Neko guy is my favorite one I would like to go after.But all of them are cute. And the Love Drops is another one that can be found at the same site as Under the Moon. Another one is Step, I don’t have the website, but I would like it also to be release.And there are more that can found if you go to Ladygamer It;s also in Japanese, but it has the websites for the games.I just click the links and search, if a game come up I like I’ll go to the site and check out the guys.

Thanks again

[ 02-04-2007, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: rmr34 ]

OH, one more thing, have you played Enzai, or Obsolute Obience (I don’t know the correct spelling)? I have been wondering about them, but i heard they are to much on torture, rape, etc, I guess that’s why I’m not into Yaoi much, can’t they make a love one, you know.

Enzai has a great storyline , but it is very big on torture and rape . It is definitely not for everybody .
I haven’t played Perfect Obedience yet , so I 'm not sure about it .It does look to be about punishement , but probably not as dark as Enzai . It would be hard to get much darker than Enzai .
I agree I would like to see a sweet romantic yaoi game too . I can enjoy all kinds of games , both the dark gritty , and the light and romantic , and I hope a great variety of styles are eventually released .
There are lots of romantic yaoi mangas out there .

I get confused when people start using unfamiliar terminology.

Correct me if I’m wrong here please.

Bishie - ?
Otome - GxB
Yuri - GxG
Yaoi - BxB

I’d really like to see a game that, assuming the above is correct, was either Otome, or Yuri, depending on how your choices. Straight Otome would be great too. Wouldn’t care for a straight Yuri game, but like having it as an option.

Bishie = Bishonen , which to my understanding means beautiful boy , or something close to that .

Well, they will probally put out Yuri games, before they even think of releasing any of the games I mentioned. I have e-mail Peach 2 times about them and no responce, so far. So my hopes are dashed for now.

I think I’ll might get Perfect Obedince later on, cause I saw the blonde guy on the cover, and he isn’t bad at all, I wouldn’t mind calling him master.lol

GxB = girl x boy
GxG = girl x girl
BxB = boy x boy

I assume you know what the x stands for.

Bishie can be a shortened form of either bishounen or bishoujo, which mean pretty boy and pretty girl, respectively.

Just to clarify a little more the BxG part: :wink:

YES! We do!! lol

Well, they will probally put out Yuri games, before they even think of releasing any of the games I mentioned.

… since they claim they can’t FIND any yuri games to translate, I doubt that.

I highly doubt they are going to secretly create yuri and ship it to you in disguise just to piss you off.

"I highly doubt they are going to secretly create yuri and ship it to you in disguise just to piss you off. "

If they did, I’ll just ship it back, they can give it to someone who likes it. I’m not into it. So please, enough. It’s already bad enough, of being looked over by the gaming companies. I e-mailed 3 or 4 companies about GxB games, one is Peach, and I only got 1 response from Konami. So this tells me that I, as a girl, are not counted or not important in the gaming world, or even my thoughts about games are not important. We were lucky that Yo-Jin-Bo was even released. Until they release more of GxB games, I will try to get them to listen. There are hundreds of games for men, only a few are for girls. Am I right or wrong? Please correct me if you can name games aimed at girls more than guys. There are not many. Barbie, or the Winkz club, etc, crap, does not count. I am an adult woman, who wants GxB games to be released, H or not, is there anything wrong with that? I have even named the websites of some H-GXB games, did they even check 'em out? I guess not, I even Emailed Peach about them 2 times, nothing, yet. I will keep on until they do, and that goes for all gaming companies in America. Thank you and ya’ll have a nice day or night.

[ 02-06-2007, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: rmr34 ]

Well, there are plenty of games that have a stronger female market than male market. The entire casual games industry is aimed more at 30+ women than 18-25 males. (I work in this industry and MAKE these games, see :slight_smile: Alas, even here, most of the game developers are male. I know a handful of other female developers - the creator of Aveyond is one of course.)

The adventure games market, which is pretty small, also has a much higher female contingent than mainstream games, iirc.

There’s not a lot of DATING based female-focused games available at the moment, no. Ciao Bella kinda counts but you only have one boyfriend, it’s mostly a stat-based sim game with a dating storyline. And it’s not anime.

My current project will give you mostly GxB plus puzzle-solving, but I don’t know if any of my male characters will be to your taste, and it’s going to be a long while before release. :slight_smile:

[ 02-07-2007, 08:20 AM: Message edited by: papillon ]

Hmm,

Try “The Longest Journey” and “Dreamfall”. Both have female leads who are serious adult characters. I don’t remember much romance in either, though. (TLJ is definitely a better game) I wish that the dating sims here had their style.

I would like them to release Tokimeki Memorial Girls side 1st kiss, at least.I did email Konami about it, and they reponsed, and there’s another, by Konami, I can’t think of the name right now. I will list it when I do. America made like ones, sorry I can;t think of the name, isn’t like the ones in Japan, I have played Angelique on Snes, I couldn’t understand Japanese so I had no idea what I was picking, I would like them to release the Angelique games over here also. Thanks again for mentioning the above titles, I’ll check them out, and see if I like them. I mostly want dating GxB games to be released but others with the girl as a hero, and cute guys in them are basically what i like to get released, doesn’t really need alot of dating or whatever. For the eye candy, like games that have pretty girls in them for guys to oogle at, I would like games that have cute guys in it, for girls to oogle at. :wink:

[ 02-08-2007, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: rmr34 ]