Getting to know each other

I’ll admit, ecchi is always okay with me. Anyway, the manga is a more condensed version of the novels’ story. The translation for it wasn’t very hot either (nothing was changed and it’s not really terrible, but many of the characters do seem a bit “dumb” compared to the original version). That combined with the prevalence of fanservice (it was done by an H-mangaka known for his big bust works) was what turned most people off. I enjoyed it though, it was mindless fun.

I didn’t like the cartoonish style of J to X that much, but the second half of the series’ story is actually quite good

shrug I liked the anime more for the story than the animation style anyways. (Which reminds me, isn’t Saber Marionette R coming out on DVD this month?) As for the manga…that sure was a lot of fanservice wasn’t it?

Yeah, but they were actually selling it at AX already. I don’t have the first Saber Marionette DVDs so I wasn’t tempted. I was slightly tempted to buy the signed Saber Marionette collection though, but my conscience woke up at the just the right time, and told me to hand out money in smaller increments elsewhere.

------------------
精神 の 神

Apparently there’s some rewrites and stuff here’s some links to reviews:

Vol 5: http://forums.animeondvd.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=mangarecommends&Number=449315&Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=%22saber%20marionette%22&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=447922&Search=true&w here=sub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post449315

vol 3:
http://forums.animeondvd.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=mangarecommends&Number=245613&Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=%22saber%20marionette%22&Searchpage=3&Limit=25&Main=245613&Search=tr ue&where=sub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post245613

That’s great. Perhaps it may actually be worth looking at again. Oh, BTW - those links don’t work - is there any way to get to them without paging through the forums?

They work… you just have to be logged into the forums. That particular one isn’t available to guests.

I have that signed boxset, it was a great deal. I had held off buying them as they came out, since my roommate was doing that. I figured there’d be a collection at some point. I was glad to see it was such a nice one

Anyway, I should get SMR. But I’m trying not to buy anything new until I get through at least some of the series I already have.

Grr, damn you, wanfu2k1!
You make me scroll the screen!

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
I was slightly tempted to buy the signed Saber Marionette collection though, but my conscience woke up at the just the right time, and told me to hand out money in smaller increments elsewhere. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Bah! A conscience is as useless as a soul. Want to sell me yours? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

I'll probably get SMR just because I remember how weird it was for me to get my hands on the VHS version. I had more or less marathoned the other Saber Marionette series and then went searching for SMR. I kept getting outbid online and everywhere else I looked was out of stock so I more or less had given up on ever getting my hands on it. Then I finally found it in a local record/comicbook store's discounted items. I was looking through the DVDs and a kid ran past me and I glanced down at him. That's when I saw the tape hiding in a corner. They thought they could hide it from me, but I still found it! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! *blink* Er, sorry, lost control of myself...

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Bah! A conscience is as useless as a soul. Want to sell me yours? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Competiton or franchise, that is here the question... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
That's great. Perhaps it may actually be worth looking at again. Oh, BTW - those links don't work - is there any way to get to them without paging through the forums?

Crap sorry forgot they moved all the reviews to the recommend forums where you have to be logged in. The the jest of it was that most of the dialog were rewrites.

Origin of your screen name (if it’s not your name): Kyrie’s the name I prefer, though it’s not the one on my birth certificate. It kinda chose me rather than the other way around.
Favorite All-Time Anime: Boogiepop Phantom, Hundred Stories, Gakkou no Kaidan and Inu-Yasha come to mind, but there are lots more!
Favorite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game: I haven’t seen much of any one, but I guess I’d have to say Kanon.
Favorite Manga: Anything by Junji Ito.
Favorite Anime/Manga Genre: Horror.
Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre: Mystery/thriller and lifesims.
Favorite Anime Character: I love a lot of characters from Inu-Yasha.
Favorite Bishoujo Game: Can’t decide ;p
Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character: Ooooh, too many to choose from…
Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character: Definitely Sari from Nocturnal Illusions!
Hobbies: I’m really into horror anything–games, films, comics, etc. I love avant-garde fashion (I switch from lolita to punk to mod and back again) and I’m currently drawing a comic to (maybe) support myself between jobs. Gaming is my passion when I have the free time for it, either bishoujo games on a PC, or cute quirky games on PS2. I love sexual experimentation as well and shopping for new toys with my fiance.

------------------
it’s warm and humid on swanson street and the air is filled with electricity and the sky is deeper than a dream

Origin of your screen name (if it’s not your name): In the fantasy stories I used to write, a ‘darkling’ is a renegade elf who’s been expelled from elven society. Life on the Internet isn’t all that much different…

Favourite All-Time Anime: Depending on my mood, it could be Saishuu Heiki Kanojo (depressive), Steel Angel Kurumi (hyper) or Full Moon wo Sagashite (cutesy).

Favourite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game: I’ve only seen one, so it has to be Kimi ga Nozomu Eien by default.

Favourite Manga: Again, I haven’t read a lot of manga, but I have read (and enjoyed) Love Hina. Shame the anime version was so crappy…

Favourite Anime/Manga Genre: Pretty much anything shoujo, but romantic comedy is one of my favourites.

Favourite Bishoujo Game Genre: Ren’ai.

Favourite Anime Character: Tough call, but at the moment it’s probably Mitsuki Kouyama from Full Moon wo Sagashite. Chise from Saishuu Heiki Kanojo gets an honourable mention.

Favourite Bishoujo Game: Kana ~Little Sister~

Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character: I haven’t played any! (I can’t speak or read Japanese.)

Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character: Kana Todo, from Kana ~Little Sister~.

Hobbies: Writing, watching anime, surfing the net, playing computer games, dreaming of a social life…

[This message has been edited by Darkling (edited 08-20-2004).]

Nice to see the new faces…

Agreed. Say, Darkling… I’d have never guessed that Kana was your favorite bishoujo character. That was a bit of a shocker there…

It’s a guilty secret that I just couldn’t hide from the world anymore, Wolfson.

stands up with a paper bag over his head

"Hi, I’m Darkling, and I want to be Kana Todo’s oniichan."

sits down, blush visible even through the bag

quote:
Originally posted by Darkling:
It's a guilty secret that I just couldn't hide from the world anymore, Wolfson.

*stands up with a paper bag over his head*

"Hi, I'm Darkling, and I want to be Kana Todo's oniichan."

*sits down, blush visible even through the bag*

Not to mention the blood stain around the nose area lol

Ack, you mean you can see the blood stains?

turns even brighter red and runs screaming out of the room

Origin of your screen name (if it’s not your name):
Endymion was orignally my sn after I met my first gf and we had this mythology thing, so she had ‘Selene’ as her SN…this was all and well before she cheated on me…lol…but i kept the name cuz its friggin A cool I think…
Favorite All-Time Anime: Either Please Teacher or Crest of the Stars…wait…maybe Lodoss War too…
Favorite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game: -
Favorite Manga: Onegai Teacher
Favorite Anime/Manga Genre: Sci-fi/Drama/Romance
Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre: Romantic Dramas…
Favorite Anime Character: Guts from Berserk…I think…
Favorite Bishoujo Game: Crescendo quite possibly…
Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character: -
Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character: I’ll have to get back on this one…
Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Eating, Cooking, Running, Shopping, and doing the character designs/story line for a game my friend and I are working on…

quote:
Originally posted by Darkling:
It's a guilty secret that I just couldn't hide from the world anymore, Wolfson.

*stands up with a paper bag over his head*

"Hi, I'm Darkling, and I want to be Kana Todo's oniichan."

*sits down, blush visible even through the bag*

Hmmm... Makes me wonder if there's a need for a twelve-step program for Kana-holics. And would anyone actually attend?

Never could resist a good survey…

Origin of your screen name (if it’s not your name): Came from my ex actually. I’m a scorpio and she loved my eyes and so she always said she loved my ‘sexy scorpio eyes’. I just liked the way it sounded so I started using it recently.
Favorite All-Time Anime: Princess Nine
Favorite Anime/Manga Genre: Magical Girl
Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre: Dating Sim
Favorite Anime Character: Rabian Rose
Hobbies: SCA, dancing, travel, chatting

------------------
My Anime Reviews