Getting to know each other

I see Darkling will have no problem to fit in here.

Welcome to everybody.

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfson:
Hmmm... Makes me wonder if there's a need for a twelve-step program for Kana-holics. And would anyone actually attend?

*pokes head back into topic just long enough to squeal, "Not me! I'm a Kana-holic, and I'm proud of it!", then vanishes into the night (probably to harass other prospective imouto-chan candidates*

Bit late but I guess I’ll dig in

Origin of your screen name (if it’s not your name):I used it for my ID in RedSun(my 1st online game),I originally wanted RedSun but someone used it already so I choose something red and burning all the time…voila,we have RedHell(now anybody want to be cooked down here? )

Favorite All-Time Anime:Evangelion,of course.It’s my first no dubbing-anime and the most intriguing yet

Favorite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game:I think it’s Kanon,but Summer Hourglass has alot of potential too

Favorite Manga:Love Hina

Favorite Anime/Manga Genre:light drama and action drama(ex:Love Hina,Vandread)

Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre:can digest almost anything so don’t really have any,2 exception:Kana and Tsuki,both give me mental problem(Kana for being so sad and Tsuki for being utterly crazy and crappy )

Favorite Anime Character:Belldandy-sama from Aa My Goddess!

Favorite Bishoujo Game:Tokimeki Check In!

Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character:never know the name altough have played some

Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character:maybe Shizuka the snow lady ver. from Snow Drop,really like the design

Hobbies: playing bishoujo,RPG and fighting games,reading novel and manga,watching anime and movie

[This message has been edited by RedHell (edited 08-22-2004).]

Origin of your screen name (if it’s not your name): A sci-fi roleplaying character who accidentally reshaped the universe in his own image…unfortunately, he was a 6’ tall parakeet…

Favorite All-Time Anime: Mahou Tsukai Tai! (oav)

Favorite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game: To Heart

Favorite Manga: Video Girl Ai

Favorite Anime/Manga Genre: SF comedy

Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre: Romantic fantasy/comedy

Favorite Anime Character: Mihoshi

Favorite Bishoujo Game: Tokimeki Check-In!

Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character: Michiru in Dousoukai Refrain

Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character: Mai in Tokimeki Check-In!

Hobbies: Asian movies and folklore

I guess its about time I do one of these too.

Origin of your screen name (if it’s not your name): Evil Dead movies

Favorite All-Time Anime: Boogiepop Phantom

Favorite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game: Tsukihime (although the game was much better)

Favorite Manga: I don’t read Manga (see Hobbies)

Favorite Anime/Manga Genre: Screaming Robots

Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre: I like both horror and cheezy cute stuff, no idea why.

Favorite Anime Character: Shizuru (Godannar)

Favorite English Bishoujo Game: Heart de Roommate, left me feeling fuzzy inside (can’t
believe I just said that )

Favorite Japanese Bishoujo Game: Baldr Force

Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character: Lily (Duel Savior)

Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character: Tomoe (HdR)

Hobbies: I’m a 3rd year college student. Between my major (Anthropology) and my minor (Japanese), I barely have time to play B-games and my beloved Sega Saturn let alone anything else. (I’d like to read Manga but too busy )

Origin of your screen name (if it’s not your name): Hmmm… My family name is “Ho” (yes I do know what that means in the US). Since in Chinese this is written first everyone thought that was my “first” name in Australia. So everyone called me “Ho”. However, Australian love shortening names. Since you can’t really shorten “Ho”. People named me after “Yohi Bear” and hench “Hogi Bear”. Don’t get the connection myself, but we were eight at the time when this happened.

Favorite All-Time Anime: Creamy Mami (Can’t remember spelling. And I watched in this in Cantonese)

Favorite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game: They are all good. =)

Favorite Manga: Currently, GTO. But they are all good. =)

Favorite Anime/Manga Genre: Don’t have one. Story and/or characters are the most important factors. However, generally pick up comedy.

Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre: Same as above. Character and story. But I am a sucker for cool character designs, regradless of the story.

Favorite Anime Character: Currently, Delphine from Last Exile, she is so evil. =)

Favorite Bishoujo Game: Crescendo

Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character: Princess Knight is the only one I own and two PC Angel with walkthroughs. Yet I can not finish it.

Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character: Hmmm… The main guy from the Eve Series.

Hobbies: Aside from Bishoujo gaming/Anime an stuff? EQ, Indoor Soccer, Intelligence (My current Masters degree), RPGs and driving my V8.

Origin of your screen name (if it’s not your name):
Mooch was my nickname at school

Favorite All-Time Anime:
Tough one this
Outlaw Star
Megazone 23

Favorite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game:
The only ones I’ve seen based off a bishoujo game are Bible Black and Slave Market.

Favorite Manga:
Of the few that I’ve read I’d say Ghost in the shell

Favorite Anime/Manga Genre:
Not sure.

Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre:
Again not sure, I just enjoy a good story.

Favorite Anime Character:
Aisha Clan Clan

Favorite Bishoujo Game:
Season of the Sakura
Divi-Dead

Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character:
Haven’t played any

Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character:
Too many to choose from

Hobbies:
Watching anime, playing bishoujo games, reading books, drinking with friends.

[This message has been edited by MadMooch (edited 11-02-2004).]

Origin of my screen name (i think u mean the UserName): The Unholy Avenger: well, i was playing Icewind Dale and i found a Paladin Sword called “Holy Avenger”, so i tough “mhh, cool name, i’ll take it”, after a while, i changed it to Unholy because a like the Lawful Evil characters in AD&D.

Favourite Anime: There are a lot of animes (it depends on the genere) but i liked Naruto, Pia Carrot (all of them),Evangelion, and, well, i dont think that there is any anime i dont like (except the kind of Monster Rancher, pokemon, Etc, etc etc)

Favorite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game: Wind -A breath of heart-

Favorite Manga: Love Hina - Naruto

Favorite Anime/Manga Genre: any genere (except the Magic-Stupid-wantmyprince-girl)

Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre: ALL OF THEM! ( but somethimes i have problems with the Dark genere)

Favorite Anime Character: Uzumaki Naruto - Rock Lee (both from Naruto) and Kouta (From Elfen Lied)

Favorite Bishoujo Game: Without a doubt, CRESCENDO

Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character: i just played 2 J-game i can remember, so i just can say that i liked BldrForce.exe

Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character: mhhhhhhhh… myself in CRC

Hobbies: Collect Tolkien Stuff, anime, manga (a lot more than anime), collect OSTs, STRATOVARIUS!!!(This band RULZ!!!) and i cant remember anything else than that …MAN!!! HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT GAMING!!! MY OLDEST AN BEST DEVELOPED HOBBIE!!!

[This message has been edited by The Unholy Avenger (edited 12-03-2004).]

Origin of your screen name (if it’s not your name): That’s what my dad calls me, cause I really have no common sense.

Favorite All-Time Anime: Berserk, the one that got me into anime in the first place- I watched all the eps in one go and have been hooked ever since.

Favorite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game: Tsukihime, based on that long list posted, although I haven’t played the game.

Favorite Manga: Sanctuary, the best manga of all time, although the anime movie sucks cause it didn’t have time to develop as it would in a TV series.

Favorite Anime/Manga Genre: Sports, which I don’t watch or play, but I love sports anime and manga for the comraderie of the kids- I’ll/CKBC, Slam Dunk, Wild Striker, Rebound, H2, Fly High, etc.

Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre: Story Driven, like Crescendo, Critical Point, Desire, Kana, Private Nurse, and Chain.

Favorite Anime Character: Yang Wen-Li of Legend of Galactic Heroes, hands down. He’s the man. That anime has the best dialogue in an anime series- very intellectual.

Favorite Bishoujo Game: Crescendo, the only ways it could’ve been better is if it were longer and didn’t have the prostitute girl in it.

Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character: N/A, I don’t know Japanese.

Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character: Kyoko, the tall girl from Crescendo, I like her good ending better than any other b-game ending.

Hobbies: Anime, Manga, B-games, and Movies.

Hm… might as well. ^^:;

Origin of your screen name: (Warning: LONG)
Well, about six years ago, I got a new computer to replace my old shitty Russian computer with its 14.4 modem and Windows 95. With this new computer came a few months of free AOL, so I got my old account changed to a new one.

Well, I like Pokemon, so I decided to get my name from there.

Checked out Togepy, my favorite pokemon, and it was taken. Tried Satoshi and Kojirou as well, but they were taken as well.

So then I was trying to think of a name to use, and I had just watched a fansub video of Mewtwo Strikes Back a few weeks earlier so it was still fresh in my mind… (excellent movie in its original form, bt the way.)

So I remembered a girl’s Kamex which was named Kusukusu… and then my mind went from Kamex to its first form, Zenigame. It was my first pokemon ever, and the fansub I saw had an explanation of the three starters when they were released in the movie. Hitokage is fire lizard, Fushigidane is mysterious seed, and Zenigame is money turtle.

I have a soft spot for turtles, and money is something that I’m no stranger to, so I picked it.

At the beginning, I was “Zenigame-sama, lord of Darkness,” but when I left Usenet in favor of MBs, I had to shorten it… Used “Zenigame-sama” on the old Citynet boards, but those went down for a while, and Megchan made her own boards on EZboard. Hyphens weren’t allowed there, so I just took the title I had, and made "Dark Lord Zenigame."

Favorite All-Time Anime: Scryed
Favorite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game: The only one that comes to mind is Yamibou. ^
^;;
Favorite Manga: Hunter x Hunter
Favorite Anime/Manga Genre: Mecha and Shounen
Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre: Renai and visual novel-type
Favorite Anime Character: Straight Cougar (Scryed)
Favorite Bishoujo Game: Fate/Stay Night
Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character: Ciel (Tsukihime)
Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character: Er… Aside from the Little My Maid demo, I haven’t played any. ^_^;;
::is crucified::
Hobbies: Building models of and obsessing over mecha, writing Rockman X fanfiction, watching anime, playing renai games

100 posts!! Truly incredible for a timid Netsurfer like me. Let’s make another round of constructive Necromancy !

It’s simply the common/familiar “contraction” of my full name. After nearly 20 years of RPG games, I’m somewhat fed up with exotic/idiotic nicknames…

Favorite All-Time Anime:
I’m a fan of Hayao Miyazaki, and I still remember his first cartoon broadcasted in Italy (in 1982), Mirai Shounen Conan. Beautiful!!

I’m at loss for choices, here, since I’ve always looked only at printed, not animated, sources (for example, I’ve learned to read written Japanese mostly through Paradigm erobooks, basically trash literature, but full of furigana and much more interesting than the usual Momotaro stuff).
I’ve seen an Italian fansubbed version of Immoral Sisters some time ago, however.

Favorite Manga:
Yuzo Takada’s 3x3 Eyes/Legend of Trinetra, for obvious reasons (see below).

If the story is good, long and involved, I can read/play any genre.

Same as above.

Almost all Miyazaki’s characters, with a special predilection for Conan.

Favorite Bishoujo Game:
“Good, long and involved”, do you remember? In particular, Mugyutto! Petto Meido (Saga Planets) comes to my mind, for various reasons a perfect example of Unrecognized Masterpiece which would become a Big Hit in the West, I’m sure.

What a difficult question! Personally, I’ve envied most male protagonists of the b-game genre, but if you want to know if it exists a b-game girl that I’ve appreciated as Human being (not simply for her body )… Hmm, of the games that I’ve bought, I choose Setsuka, the “albino” protagonist of AQUAS, with Fua from Mugyutto! Petto Meido a close second.

Surely Clare from Brave Soul (incidentally, my favourite Hunter group includes Clare, Alicia and Karen. The other girls are merely pathetic competitors…).

Hobbies:
Perhaps in this particular order: D&D/other RPG’s games, lots of manga, Japanese/English erogames, and a few other things.

[ 02-06-2007, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Baldo ]

Shiki Tohno is the main character of one of my favorite anime, Shingetsutan Tsukihime (Tsukihime translates to “Moon Princess”). Shiki Nanaya is sort of like his evil twin (well not really, but let’s keep it simple–I don’t even understand the full details). The “Dark” part is intended to be ambiguous, possibly referring to Shiki Nanaya, possibly supposed to reflect something about myself, and possibly just there to make the username unique.

Favorite All-Time Anime:
My favorites are Chobits and Elfen Lied. Chii is the goddess of kawaii. Elfen Lied is a genre bender that felt so fresh after all of the very formulaic series I’ve seen.

I haven’t seen too many, but I really liked Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien and Shingetsutan Tsukihime. I’d also include these two among my general all-time favorites.

Favorite Manga:
I’ve only read the Chobits manga all the way through. I generally prefer anime to manga.

I’m a fan of romantic comedy, sci-fi, and fantasy. I’m sure there’s other genres that I’m forgetting. I am a bit tired of mecha anime.

I like RPG’s and story-heavy b-games. If there’s sci-fi or fantasy, even better. Games with actual gameplay are always a plus. If pseudo-loli and siscon are genres, I’m into that too.

Chii, I suppose. I liked Shiki Tohno too.

Favorite Bishoujo Game:
Kana Little Sister. So touching. Brave Soul and Hourglass of Summer are up there as well.

I’ve only really played two Japanese games, the ones bishounen_blue lent me: Utawareru Mono and Duel Savior. I couldn’t understand UM, and I’m not finished with Duel Savior, so the answer’s pending.

None of them really stand out in my mind. I usually have favorites within the games themselves, though.

Hobbies:
RPG’s (both Western and Japanese), anime, and b-games, in that order. I suppose you could call reading and posting on message boards all the time a hobby too.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-12-2005).]

SCREEN NAME: A combination of my first name and my high school nickname

FAVOURITE ANIME: Ghost in the Shell

FAVOURITE ANIME BASED OFF OF A B-GAME: None, haven’t seen any.

FAVOURITE MANGA: Ranma1/2

FAVOURITE ANIME/MANGA GENRE: Sci-fi, cyberpunk

FAVOURITE ANIME CHARACTER: The long suffering Soun Tendo fron Ranma1/2.

FAVOURITE B-GAME: Secret Wives Club

FAVOURITE JAPANESE B-GAME CHARACTER: sorry, I dont read japanese

FAVOURITE ENGLISH B-GAME CHARACTER: Kaede Maioka from I’m gonna nurse you 1.

HOBBIES: RPGs,ADV games, B-games, mystery novels, and Building/Upgrading PCs.

Yeah, I know it’s old and nobody will probably read it, but I’m bored, so sue me.

Origin of your screen name (if it’s not your name): The nicknames of my real first and middle name.
Favorite All-Time Anime: GTO
Favorite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game: None
Favorite Manga: Berserk
Favorite Anime/Manga Genre: Action, Comedy
Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre: Mystery/Drama
Favorite Anime Character: D/Guts, both general badasses.
Favorite Bishoujo Game: Tokimeki Check In!
Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character: None, though I do like to look at lots of CG’s from the games!
Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character: Ryo, from Crescendo, for his personality.
Hobbies: Video Games, Reading, Military History

Well, it’s been about half a year, and I figure an update is due since I’ve seen more and done more in anime and manga in the past 4 months than ever before in my life.

[This message has been edited by Billybob (edited 01-02-2006).]

has read the post above

First; an apology. I have been lurking these boards for some time now but never posting. I have mainly been doing this to learn more about this type of gaming and hopefully avoid asking the same questions which I am sure the veterans of this bbs get tired of answering. That out of the way, I guess this the most proper folder to introduce myself unless it is considered "old news."

Origin of your screen name (if it’s not your name): I used to play an online RPG with what became an elder ranger named Mirken. I thought this name was a fair play off of my “real life” name but was suitable for the game. At the time I did not know this name has a secondary meaning (insert laughter here.) After seven years of gameplay there I kinda retired the old guy and this is just a nice way of remembering those times.

Favorite All-Time Anime: Hard question. Each genre has a favorite, for different reasons. Short list would include Cowboy Bebop, Sorcerer (Bakuretsu) Hunters, Gatchaman, Slayers, Elven Lied, and even the current Samurai 7 I am enjoying. Many more …too much to list.

Favorite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game: I am new to these games so I am not sure I have seen any. Probably the nearest thing to that I enjoyed was Dragon Pink.

Favorite Manga: Cowboy Bebop, based off of my small manga collection.

Favorite Anime/Manga Genre: Fantasy Sword/sorcery, RPG.

Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre: Thus far…RPG, though my collection of these games is just now beginning.

Favorite Anime Character: Difficult and long question. Too many to list.

Favorite Bishoujo Game: Brave Soul.

Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character: N/A Still trying, sadly, to stumble through the Japanese language. Makes me wonder how this Peter Payne I have heard about does it; fascinating culture he is in surrounded by a horrific language to learn. Like some kinda sushi with a kevlar wrapper…

Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character: Claire, Brave Soul.

Hobbies: Education, history, gaming (mainly RPG/AD&D type), basketball, some programming still, mainly just being a dad. Someone’s gotta help change those diapers…

Submitted respectfully for your approval,

Michael

Welcome aboard, fellow RPG/AD&D gamer (me, amongst other things, I’m a LN-aspiring-to-LG guy ).
Yeah, Japanese is very difficult, but, in my opinion, this is the only thing which has preserved the entire Japanese H-genre from the depredations of Software Thieves (let’s call “pirates” with their true name!).

[This message has been edited by Baldo (edited 12-31-2005).]

Origin of your screen name (if it’s not your name): Made it up. Sounded cool.

Favorite All-Time Anime: A tie between Gunslinger Girl and Scrapped Princess. I love anguish for some weird reason.

Favorite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game: A tie between Sister Princess RePure and Twin Girls Alternative. I’m a Mediaworks whore.

Favorite Manga: Hellsing

Favorite Anime/Manga Genre: None really. I kinda drift into all directions.

Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre: Gothic styled ones. Tsukihime, MinDeaD BlooD, etc.

Favorite Anime Character: Jose from Gunslinger Girl. Kind and caring to those he loves, but will readily kill you on the spot if you’re an enemy. A normal, everyday guy (i.e. no super powers).

Favorite Bishoujo Game: Quarttet!

Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character: Sara & Souju Shirogane. Never split twins. NEVER.

Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character: None yet. There needs to be more twins.

Hobbies: Making table top RPG netbooks. Computer games. Anime. Learning more about Korean and Japanese culture (you can never learn enough). Telling others how great America is. Acting stooopid.

I shall take a moment away from the INSANITY that is wedding preparation

Origin of your screen name (if it’s not your name): The phoenix is my favorite and most powerful symbol of my own life and philosophy. The idea of rising from your own ashes speaks very deeply to me. Historically, all phoenixes are male. So I do honor to my gender by adding Lady to it.

Favorite All-Time Anime: Saber Marionette J. That series makes me laugh harder and cry harder than anything else. Very close runner-up: Evangelion.

Favorite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game: Me no understand…::sniffle::

Favorite Manga: Haven’t read any

Favorite Anime/Manga Genre: Sci-fi, fantasy

Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre: Simulations and sci-fi/fantasy

Favorite Anime Character: Tiger from Saber Marionette J. Her story is so tragic, and I adore her so much.

Favorite Bishoujo Game: 3-way tie between EVE: Burst Error, Ever 17, and Desire.

Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character: Don’t know any yet.

Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character: Oh, goddess, how to choose? Kojiroh, from EVE. The way that man’s mind works is an artform in itself.

Hobbies: Video games. That includes PC, PS2, Gamecube, and Nintendo DS. Horseback riding. Chocolate. Being Goddess-like. Playing The Sims 2 and writing my Legacy Challenge story. And most recently, driving myself crazy worrying about wedding costs.

Origin of your screen name (if it’s not your name): k is first initial and sarchet is my last name

Favorite All-Time Anime: soo many choices, hmmm Armitage III

Favorite Anime Based Off a Bishoujo Game: Po-Po-Tan

Favorite Manga: Chobits

Favorite Anime/Manga Genre: Fantasy, Sci-Fi Love Story

Favorite Bishoujo Game Genre: Story-Rich

Favorite Anime Character: Teto

Favorite Bishoujo Game: CRC

Fav. Japanese Language Bishoujo Game Character: don’t know

Fav. English Language Bishoujo Game Character: Makoto

Hobbies: Bishoujo Games, D&D, City of Heroes/Villians, and many others