JAST USA shop feedback thread

nm

Paypal does not allow anyone to use their system to buy ‘adult’ items.

It’s years that I’m using a Visa Electron prepaid card for my online shopping in Europe, Japan and the U.S. (this includes Mangagamer and Peach Princess, of course) with no problems so far.
Here in Italy, our postal service released MILLIONS of those cards (they’re very cheap), but I’m sure that you can find something similar in Austria too.

Editing out the fluff of the post -
Can we be told when shrink-wrapped copies will require a play disc, so we can make a decision on going with the downloaded version or both?

It is now the third semester of 2010. I am wondering if there is any idea when instant download will become available

I believe it’s planned from September. I agree the current situation is highly odd. I placed an order yesterday on the Downhill Nights 2 download edition and it’s currently held up at “awaiting stock”. Quite how you await stock on a download-order is beyond my comprehension. :smiley:

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it :slight_smile:

The Software Defender FAQ (https://help.jlist.com/index.php?_m=kno … ticleid=31) needs to be prominently displayed on the JAST USA main page and shop. Not everyone realizes J-List and JAST USA are the company.

Just to follow up my previous post, the Downhill Nights 2 code has now arrived, so I guess they received another… erm… shipment of download copies. :smiley:

Or more relevantly, it means that I’d guess any download orders placed from now onwards would be fulfilled within the normal timescale.

Maybe you should post or make a quick update here when you have deals…
I.e. :
Make a post when you have a deal like this… I don’t know how many people check the main site often…?

(Aka, buy two games, get one download game free from the titles above)

EDIT: oh and unrelated… love the J-list redesign… nice!

It’s not that JAST doesn’t accept Paypal, it’s that Paypal doesn’t accept JAST.

From Paypal’s Acceptable Use Policy:

I’ve pre-order Demonbane since February 14 and got some problem and have submit a ticket tohttps://help.jlist.com, here is the full detail:

Alexander Dennis
Posted On: 15 Feb 2011 02:39 AM

Due to my mistake, I order the same item twice with 2 different order number. Is there a way to remove them?

Alexander Dennis
Posted On: 15 Feb 2011 02:42 AM

I forgot to mention, my order number are JAST34614 and JAST34612. Is there a way to remove ONE of them?

Shingo
Posted On: 15 Feb 2011 06:00 AM

Hi, thanks for contacting us about this.

I’ve just canceled your later order (JAST34614), and it will not be processed or charged.

Please let us know if you have any questions, or if there’s any other support we can provide.

You’ve got a friend in Japan
http://www.jlist.com

dennis alexander
Posted On: 15 Feb 2011 09:42 AM

Thank you for the quick reply.

I’ve check my account and it said not only JAST34614, but also JAST34612 is on
hold, so does it mean both of them is canceled?

Another thing, would you explain what do you mean by “on hold”?

Thx

Dennis

Alexander Dennis
Posted On: 17 Feb 2011 10:57 AM

Is it my question not worth to answer are is it because of the staff is to busy to answer my question that it’s been 2 days since i post a reply and no answer is given back?

This is my first time having an account in JASTUSA and I know nothing about it’s system. Will anyone will kindly answer the question in order to help JASTUSA gaining a regular member?

then i submit a second ticket regarding the above problem:

Alexander Dennis
Posted On: 18 Feb 2011 02:47 PM

On my previous ticket, I make a mistake in ordering an item and order the same item twice and ask for 1 of them to be canceled since I don’t know how. I’ve been answered by one of your staff named “Shingo” Posted On: 15 Feb 2011 06:00 AM.
I’ve check my account and it said not only JAST34614, but also JAST34612 is on
hold, so does it mean both of them is canceled? Why both of them?

Another thing, would you explain what do you mean by “on hold”?

This is the second ticket I submitted as the first one got no answer after 3 days, even when the first and only reply came about 3 ours after my first ticket. In “Shingo” reply it said:

Please let us know if you have any questions, or if there’s any other support we can provide.

You’ve got a friend in Japan
http://www.jlist.com

How come the first reply came 3 hours after the ticket while a got any question and post a reply and have waited for 3 days and the second reply is not even here?

Is this really how Jlist and JASTUSA treat their customer ?

If that is so, I might take my decision after this purchases to become a regular member and make sure this case will spread around. Surely that may make the company lose a couple customers and some regular customers. Is it really ok?

Forgive me for harshly stating it like that but you won’t know how a new customer feel unless I clearly states my worries.

Regards,

Dennis

Alexander Dennis
Posted On: 18 Feb 2011 02:50 PM

For your information:

Ticket ID: ITJ-669469
Subject: Ordering mistake
Department: Support for Dating-sim Game or V-Mate

All that i have written down are as at the ticket, it’s been 8 days seen Shingo (who i see in his profile in JastUSA Forums is a BBS Staff Member) give me a reply. Is it wrong to ask for a short confirmation? in his reply, he wrote “Please let us know if you have any questions, or if there’s any other support we can provide.” even i have submit 2 ticket and wait for 8 days my answer is not here, then my item release date is already clear, next month. If on hold status is as i thought, which is still pending until a staff of JustUSA confirm it, when not even a single reply came after 8 days, i afraid it will be on hold FOREVER. Is this how a JastUSA staff, a BBS Staff Member treat it’s paying customer? and just to let you know, when pre-order period is over and demonbane is shipped, I’ll be sure to canceled my order and illegally download it if this matter is still not cleared, since it is seems more worth it. Forgive me for such harsh language, but this is one of the worst customer service I met in my whole life

My preorder for Demonbane is ‘On Hold’ as well. I’m not staff, so of course this needs official confirmation, but I think if your order is ‘On Hold’ then you are OK.

Hi, thanks for pointing this out.

“On hold” refers to the preorder status of the product(s) in your order, and that it will be processed when the item is released. This applies to all customers with preorders placed at JAST USA; you should have received an email at the time your order was logged with information about the treatment of the preorder items and clarification of the “on hold” status; if you didn’t receive this email please let us know and we’ll be happy to resolve the issue.

We’re currently working through a backlog of support tickets and apologize if there has been some delay in responding to a specific issue. I can confirm that one of your two Demonbane orders was removed from the system and will not be processed (JAST34614); if this is not evident in your order history it’s because the online checking system is still in beta, however the order will definitely not be charged and is listed as canceled in our local database.

We apologize for the current support delay and are working through the backlog as promptly and effectively as possible.

https://help.jlist.com/ Dating Sims section for anyone requiring further assistance. Thanks!

I sent a new ticket about my order. Not expecting to be able to line jump or anything and I know it is a busy time, but thanks for everything. Always a great service.

I’ve had 3 experiences with this shop. Well, 2 with JASTUSA and 1 with J-List which have ALL BEEN TERRIBLE. So far I’ve had the following:

1. An order for an electronic download version with the code not sent to me until 3 weeks AFTER I got my hard copy (this was not a new release situation, it was available at the same time I ordered the hard copy, in fact I ordered the combo pack)
  2. An order where JAST claimed my card was declined when it WASN’T. I called the bank, they said it wasn’t declined, and made me tell JAST to call them.
  3. Most recently, as in just now, I pre-ordered demonbane AND a game that has already released. I got the email saying the released game (DN2) was shipped 3 WEEKS AGO! I still haven’t gotten it. No wonder you have a “backlog of tickets.” Your service is beyond bad. I should also mention, on the first two it took about a week before anyone responded, one through the help sy stem,t he first was older and through email I believe. The last was just put in today, (Order: JAST35072 | Ticket: QAZ-916684. Honestly with past history I’m not expecting much at all. You guys need to get your act together or something. Either offer tracking like any normal place so we can see where the package is, or actually offer a help line where we can get to a real person. It would be amazing to see it run like an actual business. Right now it feels like buying something out of the back of a truck.

I’ve ordered from JAST, J-List, and Peach Princess on many, many occasions. Everything that I’ve done via their online store has been quite smooth, and I’m pleased to say that my orders have always arrived on-time or sooner than expected (publicized delays notwithstanding).

On the other hand, I can’t say the same for my attempts to contact the staff directly. I don’t remember how long ago it was, but I attempted to reach the JAST staff to determine if the copy of Crescendo I had recently bought was a fake since the back of the insert showed the wrong developer name (ZyX instead of Digital Objet) and the packaging was a flimsy sheet of paper stuffed into a cheap Amaray case. I received an email requesting that I send in photos of the case and disc. After sending the photos in, I never received a reply; only after browsing the revamped J-List site did I learn that my copy was from one of the earlier print runs, before G-Collections came under the JAST umbrella.

I’m sure many of you are aware of the campaign Shingo was promoting following the license announcement of My Girlfriend is the President. Specifically, those that had imported a Japanese copy of the game would be entitled to a free copy of the English version. I followed the instructions Shingo laid out in the forum and received a response from him a week later asking for photos of my copy of the game alongside any other title I’d recently brought from JAST as a pseudo proof-of-identity check. I sent the photos on January 31, and haven’t heard a word since – not even a confirmation of receipt. This is despite several follow-up emails, support tickets, and private messages.

To the best of my knowledge, Shingo is handling all of the PR emails and support tickets himself, which might explain why service is ludicrously slow. I’ve stopped pestering him for the time being given all that’s happened with their partners in Japan (and since the President hasn’t gone Golden Master yet), but I’m going to hold him to his word once the game is out.

I logged in to my ticket today on the jlist help to see if I had an update, and I found it CLOSED without any explanation, no answer as to whether my item shipped, when I should expect it, or anything else. I will be filing a complaint with my credit card company.

http://www.jastusa.com/demonbane-production-update

czmk117’s not asking about Demonbane. I think letting Shingo or Lamuness handle this one is probably best.