JAST USA signed liscensing deal with Nitro+

Tried it for kicks and it just gave me an error about wrong folder no matter where I put it.

Why do you say that? Because it’s longggggg and technical? Or is there a curse? :shock:
Anyways if Hello, World gets chosen sometime I’ll forever be loyal to JAST :open_mouth:

Music for the next bit of news.
btw to celebrate the NitroplusUSA deal I just ordered Chaos;Head Noah and Chaos;Head Audio Series Complete Box [limited release]!! Can’t wait :mrgreen:

BTW does anybody know anything about the new Nitro+, 5pb game Stein’s;Gate ?
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-br- … -3h5h.html
http://steinsgate.jp/
I like the art style… (enter the site to see the primlinary flash movie/advertisement)

I also got the error when I tried the patch (about wrong folder)…

We request that users not post links to unauthorized software that may compromise the integrity of JAST USA products to these forums. Any user found doing so in the future will have their account permanently banned. Discussion of such software is also very strongly discouraged, and may result in a ban. As always, criticism and commentary on JAST USA decisions is welcomed as part of the civil discourse here.

‘Better safe than sorry’–If they have to act on such a notion from a legal standpoint, then I don’t see any reason why I can’t act the same from a consumer standpoint.

I could just as easily say that JAST USA was as paranoid in their treatment of KK and XC3 as much as I am worried about how they’ll treat their future titles. If you ask me, their entire policy regarding lolis is a case of total paranoia, especially since they’re a relatively unknown company. Unless they explicitly guarantee otherwise, I don’t see a reason to believe that the lolis or violent content in future titles won’t be messed around with, especially in this political climate. I had worries about this game being censored when they announced it, considering they released XC3 around the same time, and my worries actually came true. Even if they do have a good track record, it only takes a few smears to ruin it and even moreso it involves a really hyped-up title. Besides, they’ve only released a handful of games in their lifespan–Two censored titles are going to make a difference, especially considering the fact that they release only two or three games a year, as well as the fact that only one or so of them tend to contain any characters that could even be considered “loli” by any definition.

My main issue with your post is that they haven’t released many games with “loli” characters each year, Last year shows differently: (Note that Handley got in trouble LAST YEAR, so don’t claim that this new censorship is a result of that.)

Cherry: Shouta protaganist, a psudo-loli classmate.
Raidy: A loli-like dark elf, plus a few loli-ish monsters
Princess waltz: An age undefined loli princess, and the fact that many of the characters have a sorta childish look, due to Pulltop’s art style.

That’s just off the top of my head. There are also lolis in the nearly-finished games, and since they are almost done, and they didn’t tell any one about changes (really stupid to break promises IMMEDIATELY after making them), it seems likely that those are safe too. I mean, even Cleavage has a shouta-ish protagonist, if I can trust what I read, those are pretty common in “nee-san”-type Big boob settings, to show a kind of contrast. I’m not sure shouta is safer than loli, particularly given recent sensationalized reports of student-teacher affairs…

Not alot of things are completly safe, anyway. The upcoming Catgirl one has a loli and a shouta character, both of which are involved in sexual situations of some sort. That game is in post-production, and yet they haven’t given us any hint about editing it.

I’m still shocked that we’ll be getting games from Nitro+ :slight_smile:
I really hope it goes over well… (maybe we need an advertising campaign when it’s time!)

[Phantom of Inferno being the reason I got into visual novel related games; so I can’t wait to try other Nitro+ games…]

maybe the 18+ version of phantom will get released

Are you sure there won’t be a problem with “Zwei” - particulary before she got that name?

Of course, I am not sure whether something sexual will happen with her during that time (after all, I only played the Hirameki-version so far), but it would be not really a surprise if it were!

“Zwei” is the protaganist, Drei is who your talking about. There IS an H-scene with her in the original, and her age is suspicious (Zwei asked her age, but the player never hears it, and it just said she was younger), meaning she has the same problem as Matsuri.

They probably won’t license it anyway, there are no voices in the 18+ versions of the game. They actually said they weren’t getting PoI at Otcon or whetever, because they don’t want to release an unvoiced game.

Could always insert the voices from the DVD play version in… [would need the originals without music in background]. Also could add the ability to play video while still able to scroll text to the engine so you could use clips from the animated parts of the DVD version or something…
[Although, the H would be silent…]

That would require extra licensing. The DVDPG verion and the PC version are two seperate entities. Another problem is that they would have to have the VA’s approval to use those voices officially, and, given there relatively high profile, there is almost no chance they’d agree to have their voices an 18+ game.

IOW, no chance in hell for that to work. There may be unofficial fan patches which do stuff like that, but JAST, as a commercial retailer, has more issues to deal with.

Too bad… :expressionless:

But, what’s all the buzz on the Nitroplus site?
http://www.nitroplus.co.jp/pc/

They seem to be celebrating their 10th anniversay :smiley:
[btw how old is JAST USA? 11 years old?]

I wish they celebrate the event by releasing more Azifu goodies! \o/

when do you think we will be able to preorder demonbane

From what iv seen, they allow pre-orders to start when work has started on the games.
That isn’t confirmed though, it’s just something iv noticed.

Most likely, we’ll be able to pre-order them once CGA and DHN1 are released.

NITRO+ROYALE and that Yuri game haven’t been added to the coming soon list yet.
I’m guessing that after Raidy 2 is released, pre-orders for that Yuri game might start up.
As for NITRO+ROYALE I get the feeling that pre-orders wont open for it till the other 2 Nitro+ titles are close to completion.

This is all speculation though.

I’m pretty sure they have already started work on the Nitro+ games, otherwise they wouldn’t announce them. According to the Nitro+USA site, they ARE working on a site for Demonbane, which should be up soon.

The Yukariki Panic game was mentioned in the catalog.

NitroPlusUSA Site updated:

http://www.nitroplususa.com/2009/08/nit … niversary/

AZIFUUUUUUU~~~
Soon, I’ll be able to have you~~~

[size=50]…well, yet another copy of another version of another item featuring you, but…[/size]

end of august sounds good

Just saw this in my e-mail from Play-Asia.com :

Offer price expires in 4 days :o