KIRAKIRA released!!!

Yeah, the game ends with chapter 3. And I also hope for Curtain Call to be released…

Well not really theres is a "true ending " for kirari so dont you get sad with the “normal” ending that’s not the end yo and to get the "true ending " you will have to complete the other three main endings .
Yo as for Curtain Call its not a “true sequel” its a couple of extra cenarios(one of them is with a new cast “a new band”) that mainly focus on being funny but nothing beats the talking dick of the extra cenario of edelweiss that’s unbeatable

Aw, I was hoping it was a whole new game. Ah well, I’ll still get it most likely.

Bit of a thread necro (and offtopic at that >> ), but I just stumbled on the long version of some of the endings on Youtube, like ??? (Song of Blessing, my favorite btw) which I think is from Natsume’s ending, so I’m assuming that all of the endings have long versions that are on the CD. It’s making me more tempted to buy the CD, but while the 22¬Ä for the CD is one thing I can live with, the addition of shipping + 25% tax here would make it one very expensive music CD ><

Well, caved in and bought the CD. ?2878 for the CD, ?3000 for shipping and handling >_<. And the 25% tax when it arrives. I must be out of my mind. I’m not even gonna convert the sum to my own currency, I’ll be happier not knowing. At least it’ll save me the hassle of going to youtube every time I want to hear the full version of the songs.

Anyway, I seem to recall reading that Mangagamer licensed the fandisks for DC, Kirakira and Edelweiss. Has there been any word of these being worked on, or are they just licensed for possible future use?

They’re very much interested in translating fandiscs for their games. No word on any progress being made, however.

Well, the CD arrived to today; seems the currency exchange rate is currently favourable, as I escaped the 25% tax and the $34 (¬Ä23) declaration fee by a hair (it only gets applied applied to wares over 200NOK/35USD/24EURO before shipping cost). Total cost for the CD plus shipping ended up being $64/¬Ä43, if the CD itself had been only ~$4 more expensive it would’ve increased the total cost to $114/¬Ä77 due to customs handling + tax on both the CD and the shipping. Norwegian import regulations suck, and are a large part of why I only buy ero-games digitally now >_<

$114 for a regular music CD would’ve been just nasty. Not that $64 is a small amount of money either for an album… The worst part of the import regulations is that the low limit (which hasn’t been changed since the 70s) is there supposedly to protect “small local businesses”. Well, show me the local business in Norway selling ero-games and J-pop music and I’ll agree to it…

Anyway, the album consists of 2 CDs, one vocal and one BGM CD. The vocal disc has regular (long) versions of the intro and ending themes, as well as “off vocal” versions with, well, no vocals, 14 tracks in total. The BGM disc has 35 tracks with (I assume) all the in-game music, although I have to admit that listening to a few of them, I can’t really remembering hearing them in-game… Oh well >_>

I started playing this about a week ago. I didn’t really think it would be my type of eroge, but it’s still surprisingly good. I’m at the scene where the group trains at the music studio for the school festival. I’m still waiting for the supposed sad scenes though. What point in KiraKira do things start to get depressing?

It really depends on which route you take. But in reality you aren’t even close to any potential sad parts yet.

The game itself isn’t depressing, but one of the endings is kinda sad (minor spoiler) although there is a “good” ending for it that you can get the next time you take that route, if you’ve gotten the other 2 girl’s endings as well (and make all the right choices). So all in all, it’s a pretty lighthearted game.

I plan on going on going on Sarina’s route first. (both because it seems like it will be depressing and she’s not annoying like Kirari XD) And I know about the “normal ending” for that character. I’m really curious to see how that girl could have a sad ending since she doesn’t seem as deep as the other characters so far.

After what seems like forever, I finally got my first ending. Even if I didn’t find Kirari intensely annoying and even if Sarina wasn’t pretty much a non-entity, I’m sure I would have persued Chie on my first playthrough. It seems I’m attracted to characters with more subtle layers of personality; she’s complex but relatable and definitely believeable. And cute without even trying. She ranks as one of my favourite heroines.

Moreover, her story was handled maturely and was moving without restorting to excess melodrama. The beautifully understated scene where Chie refuses to take Koizumi’s money is a good example of the game’s excellent writing. It could have been weepy and theatrical, but instead was pleasingly restrained.

Sarina next, I guess.

Currently playing it and it “fuckin’” rocks :slight_smile:

Oho! I’m now well into Sarina’s route and suddenly the lack of attention she’d received prior to the split seems to make sense. I was as taken aback by her confession (+10 ponts of respect for the straightforwardness) as Shikanosuke was, and since I haven’t really thought much about her either, I share his confusion over the whole thing. Can’t wait to see how this plays out.

I have to say, as much as I enjoy the touring and everything, KiraKira’s greatest strength lies in its character interaction. The relative lack of it in the first half of the game is probably why it’s taken me so long to start completing the routes.

how much more does the expansion add to the game

It’s not really an expansion, rather few new stand-alone stories that are continuation of main game. Curtain Call isn’t as long as original, if that’s what you’re thinking.

i mean how long are the stories on curtain call total lenth

Looking at sample screens this seems to be the case. I hope it sells well(and gets more customers to actual MG site), they need profit.

I played the trial a while back, my first thoughts were K-ON the eroge LOL :smiley:

I guess they removed the fucking ero content, but in a fucking game like Kirakira it doesn’t really matters.
Fuck !