Large update about future releases from MangaGamer

I agree. Even if they were, in fact, lying about the reason why they didn’t want to release their products overseas, so what? They’ve reconsidered. At some point, maintaining a grudge becomes counterproductive. (Not that I personally held one, but some seem to.)

More importantly: Minori has reached out to the Western market - at some cost to themselves (time and money). If they get burned, what lesson will other companies in positions similar to theirs learn? They will learn that we are ungrateful stingy pirates. (It doesn’t even matter whether it’s true. That will be the lesson they take away anyhow.) At this point in time, we’re seeing more interest in the Western market since we have since G-Collections opened up shop originally. MangaGamer and Jast are both getting really good titles now, and if more companies keep signing up with them like they have been, things will really be looking up in a few years’ time.

But if Minori sees piddling sales from ef, they might just take their ball and go home. And other companies will once again be sent the message that these games don’t sell in foreign markets. How many games has ELF put out in English? Just the one. And that was fifteen years ago, without so much as a peep since.

That’s what I thought. Other than having a second disclaimer on the packaging or the beginning of the game (ala splash screen when loading/installing), i don’t see why that would need to be changed.

Unless the fantranslation was giving specific ages.

A new post on the MG staff blog at http://mangagamer.wordpress.com/2010/11 … /#more-924 talks about progress on DCIF, Da Capo 2, Ef, and Edelweiss.

Well, one of the things No Name Loser’s website says they have to change is:

So I’d guess the translation DID, in fact, give specific ages. (They apparently also added a gag ending that wasn’t in the original at all.)

I can confirm that the original games do not contain characters specified as under 18.

Then I have no idea what that line is referencing. (I haven’t played the game and I intend to get MangaGamer’s official release.)

da capo if is out

Just bought my copy

You guys are quick. There hasn’t been any email from Mangagamer about this yet… ~_~

And I did go first for Kotori while playing da Capo, so it’s probably a must buy… :slight_smile:

Absolutely, haha. I wouldn’t even think of buying it if it was dedicated to some other heroine. :lol:

Couldn’t even get through all the routes in the original Da Capo, so I think I’ll be skipping this one.

i will too skip to da capo 2

I’m on the fence with DC IF. I played Kotori’s route 3rd in my DC playthrough, and was rather happy with it, but I’m currently playing through some other games at the moment, and of course waiting for other games to release. I just remember liking the “extra” routes so much more than the main routes in DC…ahh I don’t know, maybe one of you guys that’s played it can convince me to pick it up or something.

I know that DC 2 will be a must buy, along with Koihime, along with Demonbane…along with Dragon Age 2, and now along with Shira Oka, whenever that releases since the demo was kind of addicting. Feels like some months I’m just working to pay my eroge bills I tell you.

MangaGamer slashed most of their prices permanently.

Da Capo € 49.95? € 29.95
Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia € 19.95? € 15.95
“Edelweiss” & “Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia” Bundle Pack ¬Ä 34.95? ¬Ä 30.95
Higurashi When They Cry € 36.95? € 24.95
Higurashi When They Cry Kai “Meakashi” ¬Ä 19.95? ¬Ä 9.95
Higurashi When They Cry Kai “Tsumihoroboshi” ¬Ä 19.95? ¬Ä 9.95
Higurashi When They Cry Kai “Minagoroshi” ¬Ä 19.95? ¬Ä 9.95
Higurashi When They Cry Kai “Matsuribayashi” ¬Ä 19.95? ¬Ä 9.95
KIRAKIRA € 36.95? € 29.95
KIRAKIRA All-Ages Version € 29.95? € 24.95
Kira Kira Curtain Call € 19.95? € 15.95
“Kira Kira” & “Kira Kira Curtain Call” Bundle Pack ¬Ä 46.95? ¬Ä 35.95
Koihime Musou € 39.95? € 34.95*
My sex slave is a classmate € 29.95? € 19.95
Sandwiched by my wife and her sister € 19.95? € 15.95
Shera, My Witch € 39.95? € 24.95
SHUFFLE! € 36.95? € 34.95
Soul Link € 36.95? € 24.95
Suck my dick or die! € 29.95? € 15.95
Suika A.S+ € 49.95? € 24.95
Tasty Shafts € 19.95? € 15.95
Which girl should I choose? € 19.95? € 15.95

http://mangagamer.wordpress.com/2010/12 … the-board/

(Any word on them getting an affiliate program yet?)

It does increase my interest in buying some of the titles, but I still have a backlog (and right now I mostly want to get my hands on a copy of Remember 11, which unfortunately is probably going to require reshipping services as I don’t see anywhere convenient to get it from…)

Of the games of theirs that I’ve played, I would definitely recommend Soul Link. The first part is awesome. Shuffle, I know a lot of people here think is garbage. I liked the characters and the setting, even if the actual scenario is lame. You might like it.

I would not recommend Da Capo or Which girl should I choose (unless you absolutely adore the cute art for the latter).

I’m holding off for the retranslation patch for Edelweiss, and I haven’t played Suika or Kira Kira yet, but they’re all supposed to be good.

koihime is more likely to get the sales they need at 35 euro($45) instead of 40 euro

I endorse this statement.

I’ve found Suika kind of boring so far, and haven’t been able to get past the first chapter. Haven’t tried Da Capo yet.

Suika’s great… probably the first example of Kure working in his element. Not as good as Ashita Deatta Shoujo or Doko e Iku no, though.

I have to say I liked Da Capo. Sure it’s nothing amazing, but the characters are likable, the story’s nice; it’s well worth the new price. To me it’s about the same quality as Snow Sakura.

Soul Link I reccomend to anyone who liked Critical Point and/or Ever 17.

And despite people’s complaints, Shuffle! is a fine game. It has its flaws, but it’s enjoyable thanks to the characters and setting.

On a side note, I can honestly say I’ve gotten more enjoyment out of the above mentioned games than I’ve gotten out of Family Project. I’m still trying to complete my first route, but the story is just so boring I’m seriously wondering where the plot is.