Large update about future releases from MangaGamer

I know, I don’t like it either. I still check the Taiyou no Ko website frequently (though it hasn’t updated in a while :/), even though I have to work around the geoblock. But it’s still a relatively tiny proportion of the number of eroge companies out there - and there’s a lot. I visit many different company websites each day looking for updates and information on upcoming titles and it really is very rare that I come across a geoblock. It’s basically the few established companies that we know are doing it; it’s far from an endemic of developers rushing to block everyone without a .jp at the end of their reverse-DNS hostname.

There are a zillion US websites that block viewers from various countries because they assume anyone visiting from those countries to be either a pirate or a spammer; this is hardly a Japan-only thing.

Amen to that, it’s why I need to put a fake X-Forwarded-For: header in my HTTP requests to watch The Daily Show online. Really annoying!

That’s not quite it, ncessarily. There are still a lot of contracts in the media world that are exclusive by region. Viacom might have sold the exclusive rights to the Daily Show in foreign countries, which means they might not be allowed to just let anyone watch online.

Yeah, that’s true. Actually, it was on the ABC before which is where I originally started watching it, but it was later sold to one of the pay TV broadcasters so…
I just think the idea of region-specific rights is kind of ridiculous in a globalised society though.

Let me tell u a dirty secret I have.

I don’t watch tv in usa whatsoever. They suck these days. THEY SUCK SO HARD. Except for indiana jone movies, harrison ford kicks ass.

Lone exception is the history channel. That’s all, all other channels, everything, everything sucks. Personally i don’t think you’re missing out, well except for that occasional good movie like battleship which came out this may. And that’s it.

In fact, if it wasn’t for history channel still existing, i would’ve cut the cord. lol

Also, to ur quote…

Frakkin’ amen.

I don’t own a TV in the us. When I’m here, I watch stuff online. (Legally. Crunchyroll, Amazon video, hulu, etc.)

My other half is trying to get us to do the same thing in the UK, but I’m more resistant there, as British TV is nowhere near as obnoxious IMO.

Well, the media has worked in a region-specific way for a very long time, and the globalized society has really only existed for less than a decade (I mean since it was actually viable to watch a lot of content online). This kind of silly stuff will change, eventually. The law and the contracts always lag behind the technology. Yeah, it sucks bigtime … but it will get sorted, later or sooner.

So I’ve got Da Capo 2, what other mangagamer games are worth getting physical copies of? I’m looking at Koihime Musou and Deardrops mostly. They any good?

Koihime Musou definitely, and I’ve heard Deardrops is pretty good.

Edit: Check out my review of KM if you like:

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/forums/e … sou-Part-1

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/forums/e … sou-Part-2

Thanks. I read part 1, that seems to be good enough to sell me on it. Also got Deardrops, plus School Days so I could get Jlist’s 15% off 3 games deal. Got some good shit to play when winter rolls around and it’s too cold to go outside anymore.

Finished with DC2 and Deardrops. Great music in Deardrops, they really wrote some good catchy songs, and it helps the games atmosphere a ton. They’re pretty memorable as well, so after finishing a game, instead of forgetting about most of it like usual, at the very least the music will stick around in my head, probably the characters too.

What’s the general consensus on Dengeki Stryker? It looks pretty damn interesting, but I’d like to hear some personal opinions about it before I commit to buy. I did a search on it but didn’t really find anything that left me satisfied in that regard. Well, even before that I’ve still got Edelweiss and Koihime Musou. School Days too, but it’s never to early get some knowledge on what appears to be a quality game.

Regarding Dengeki Stryker. I’ve played the first route and some of the second. What I’ve played so far I’ve enjoyed; the comedy and character interactions are great, the action scenes are good, and the art, animation and music is really good too. Storywise I can say it’s good, but so far nothing spectacular since the first route had just an okay ending with the main villain for that route essentially being Superboy Prime.

Okay. Sounds decent enough that I’ll probably get it.

Been rocking the Deardrops soundtrack CD in my truck now. This shit is really catchy. Only 5 songs, but I like them all!

DEARDROPS soundtrack (titled “STRAIGHT” as a separate CD release) has more than 5 songs. Nine or ten, I’m too lazy to check. Then there’s the My Dear Stardust album with a couple of extra songs (but without the LEO and Kanade tracks). I can’t recommend it though, most tracks got new arrangements that sound a bit too “busy” - they basically shoved violin into all the songs and it often fits poorly.

The only release with five songs (all of them new) is Last Waltz, which I believe is for the fandisc or the PSP Distortion version, I’m not sure.

EDIT: And I just realized that you probably mean the CD that came with the DEARDROPS Limited Edition. Nevermind then.

EDIT2: Last Waltz has six tracks actually, not five (and there’s a 2CD version with more stuff, apparently).

Quite right. Though now that you mention it maybe I’ll look around for the real soundtrack.

Tick Tack! is licensed http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 … -tick-tack

Tick Tack! will be a nice diversion while I wait another year for JAST to release Yumina.

Also, Shuffle in hard copy form? I’m getting that for sure.

So Moonstone is finally working with Mangagamer to bring us imopara.

Going to buy 2+ copies in hope for their drama stuff.