Lets Meow Meow and v-mate

Everyone is drawn to Soul Link’s artwork like moths to a flame. So many replies since during the time I went to work.

@ wanfu2k1

The limited edition is actually being called a “Premium Box.” I guess that’s because you have to pay a premium to get it. After tax the price is ¬Å¬è11,340. So that’s about $110. Too bad the only place I know that sells it AND ships out of Japan is Himeya Shop. They always jack up the price on special items like this, just like they did on the To Heart 2 Delux Pack. But, their price increase isn’t too deadly, as they are charging $119 for it. It’s $10 for air mail, so in all it will cost $129 to aquire this item. It is limited and will not probably not be available very long after it’s release. You can still preorder it, so if you want it then I’d suggest doing that.

http://shop.himeya.com/products/adult_new/adult_new.html

@ Shadow99

Yeah, my connection is slow. It’s faster than dial up but it’s not really speedy or anything. It’s DLS but it’s being split between two computers. I am using a laptop and I am getting the connection through a wireless router, and wireless is always slower than a direct connection.

@ woodelf

Um… the voice clock IS a real clock. That’s why the Premium Box cost more, because you pay for the clock. But it’s not too bad, really. I’m getting a Girls Bravo voice clock and the clock alone is ¬Å¬è8,400. So really, I don’t think this is a screw. It’s a real clock made to look like those old fashioned alarm clocks, although I don’t know if the bells are real or not. See, click here. You can’t miss it because it says PREMIUM VOICE CLOCK in caps and in English:

http://www.project-navel.com/navel/products/soullink/#packages

It has voices recorded that match each of the three girls pictured on the clock’s face. One warning is that the game itself is DVD-Rom format only, so please make sure that you have a DVD-rom drive before buying this game.

@ AG3

I think the only thing worse than illiteracy is semi-literacy. I usually do pretty well with the games that are easy to understand, but I always think “I wish I knew a little bit more.”

quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
The limited edition is actually being called a "Premium Box." I guess that's because you have to pay a premium to get it. After tax the price is ��11,340. So that's about $110. Too bad the only place I know that sells it AND ships out of Japan is Himeya Shop. They always jack up the price on special items like this, just like they did on the To Heart 2 Delux Pack. But, their price increase isn't too deadly, as they are charging $119 for it. It's $10 for air mail, so in all it will cost $129 to aquire this item. It is limited and will not probably not be available very long after it's release. You can still preorder it, so if you want it then I'd suggest doing that.

http://shop.himeya.com/products/adult_new/adult_new.html

Damn it, Bishounen Blue... you always tempt me with new things to eat away at my money... >_<

Now I'm seriously considering getting this, despite my not knowing anything about the game. -_-

"My money! Oh, my money!"

hmm… Well I finally got a chance to play the Soul Link demo and I have to say it made me very curious to actually understand what’s goign on… Anyone know if Navel has relatiosn with any of the stateside Bishoujo companies? Just curious if I’ll ever be able to play it in english…

btw anyone able to find a copy of this: http://www.project-navel.com/navel/_image/soullink_artjeuness.jpg that’s a tad bigger?

[This message has been edited by Shadow99 (edited 12-15-2004).]

Like nearly all of the big-name developers in this genre of games, it doesn’t.

do u mean that almost all the games made by the ‘big’ companies in Japan are not going to be translated???.. well, anyway , almost all of the games from japan aint gonna be traslated…

Does anyone know where can i buy a good ‘Learn Japanese as fast as your Brain lets you’??? i’m starting to believe that its gonna be alittle tought learn new kind of letters… (the kanji and that stuff) i still can remember how hard it was to learn German and French just adding some accents…

Let me ask something, how high are our hopes to have Soul Link translated someday to english???
Isnt it a good idea that at least DVD games have DualText???

quote:
Originally posted by The Unholy Avenger:
do u mean that almost all the games made by the 'big' companies in Japan are not going to be translated????.....

With small companies, there's a chance that they'll actually be part of a bigger label, like Angelsmile with CD Bros. But with something like Navel, there's no such chance. And with only three main companies who deal with PeaPri or Gcoll, that's pretty sad.

quote:
Does anyone know where can i buy a good 'Learn Japanese as fast as your Brain lets you'??? i'm starting to believe that its gonna be alittle tought learn new kind of letters......

Eh, I taught myself howe to read kana with Maripaint's instruction book eight years ago and then helped myself along with subbed/raw anime and Japanese-release manga. I've only started taking formal classes last year, and I still have a lot to learn. Unless you have a serious drive, it's not something that you'll be likely to gain proficiendcy in on your own.

quote:
Originally posted by The Unholy Avenger:
Let me ask something, how high are our hopes to have Soul Link translated someday to english???

Infintesimal. As in, you'll probably be able to learn Japanese completely before there's even a slight chance of it being brought here.

@The Unholy Avenger

I agree with Dark Lord Zenigame that Soul Link will never be translated. Even if the market for English bishoujo games opens up in the future (which is a big if) it will be too far into the future for this game to be considered for translation. 99%+ of bishoujo games are not translated.

As far as learning Japanese, I’d suggest taking a class to begin with. You can only learn so much on your own, although it would be to your benifit to memorize both sets of kana before your class starts. But taking language classes in your home country isn’t going to be enough for you to be able to understand and play bishoujo games. If your goal is to learn Japanese to a high level, you will need to take intensive language courses. Taking intensive courses in Japan is even better because you can use what you learn in the classroom and apply it to everyday situations. If you are a college student, check with your university to see if they offer scholarships for studying abroad in Japan. My university sends four students per year to various universities in Japan on tuitions scholarships. This year eight students are applying and I am one of them. Wish me luck.

@Dark Lord Zenigame

But it, buy it! :slight_smile: It’ll be intersting if we both have it. A christmas present to yourself, how nice. All I can tell you about this game right now is that it’s set in the near future (2045) and it’s set in space. (of course) This is a renai game. I’m not sure if you like love stories or not. If you do, I’m sure that you’ll enjoy this game.

[This message has been edited by bishounen_blue (edited 12-15-2004).]

Infinitesimal? well, i think i really should start learning Jap somehow (i learned eng by myself in a year, and i know i dont speak it too well but its the best i could do by myself)
well, lets see what comes out from it, at least i can give it a try, but now i must download a multilanguaje patch for winXP…

quote:
My university sends four students per year to various universities in Japan on tuitions scholarships. This year eight students are applying and I am one of them. Wish me luck.

Hope you get picked. ^_^

In my college, anyone that wants to go can, but the scholarship spots are limited. I'm trying to raise my GPA to increase my chances... (current projection: Fall 2006)

quote:
But it, buy it! ^_^ It'll be intersting if we both have it. A christmas present to yourself, how nice. All I can tell you about this game right now is that it's set in the near future (2045) and it's set in space. (of course) This is a renai game. I'm not sure if you like love stories or not. If you do, I'm sure that you'll enjoy this game.

Actually, I'm only really big on renai games. I'm not really into yarugee, and kichiku is out of the question.

I have the money right now, but that's for Toronto... maybe I'll sell some stuff I have on Ebay and make the cost that way... -_-

If not, I'll get it after Christmas if the LE is still available. -_-

God, I have no willpower. >_<

Yeah, anyone can study in Japan if cash is not an issue. GPA is always a big part of getting a scholarship. I think I have a good chance because I have a 4.0 GPA and a letter of recommendation from a physics prof from Tokyo University. I am applying for fall 05. If I get in, I’ll mail little bishoujo trinkets to anyone on this ML who wants something from Akihabara. :slight_smile:

No will power? That’s what I thought about myself when I ordered this, but actually I’m really looking forward to getting it in the mail. It was a split second decision to buy it, but even after thinking about it I don’t regret it. I remember when I waited too long to order To Heart 2 Delux Pack from Himeya and it sold out before I could get it. (even though it was, and still is, a preorder item) Luckily I found it could get it at play asia because it’s a PS2 game, but Himeya is really the only place that exports bishoujo PC games.

quote:
Yeah, anyone can study in Japan if cash is not an issue. GPA is always a big part of getting a scholarship. I think I have a good chance because I have a 4.0 GPA and a letter of recommendation from a physics prof from Tokyo University.

...wow.

I'd say you have a pretty damned good chance of getting a scholarship with all that. ^_^

Alas, there's no chance in hell of me ever having a 4.0 GPA as the spirit of Lazy is too strong within me.

But a girl I know got to go last year with a 3.0, so I have hope. Plus, nobody around here really wants to study abroad in Japan. Last year, there were like three people. ^_^;;

quote:
I am applying for fall 05. If I get in, I'll mail little bishoujo trinkets to anyone on this ML who wants something from Akihabara. ^_^

Eheh... Akiba stuff... XD

quote:
No will power? That's what I thought about myself when I ordered this, but actually I'm really looking forward to getting it in the mail. It was a split second decision to buy it, but even after thinking about it I don't regret it.

It's just that when I see pretty LE goodies, the collector in me screams out. That's probably the only reason I have the Growlanser box right now...

...not that I regret getting these things. It's just that I always spend money that was supposed to go somewhere else on these kinds of things.

Graah.

I know where you’re coming from. When you pay to get stuff from Japan, it better have nice packaging and extras! Actually, if you really like the title then it doesn’t matter but there’s so much to get from Japan that extras make a big difference. This is how I decided to collect Girls Bravo on R2 instead of DearS. DearS was discs only. Girls Bravo will have four artboxes (all with manga art on them!) and each of the four boxes comes with a figure. The figures go together to form a scene. I should be getting a digital camera soon and then I can e-mail you pictures of some of the random junk that I have collected. (i say junk, but i love it)

Unfortuantely for me I have no talent for written languages… And I’ve tried learning spoken japanese with little success. To me it’s always seemed as if native japanese speakers sort of only say half of each word unless they are adding emphysis to it, making it extremely hard to follow…

Guess that means no Soul Link for me…

Ahh guess my only chance of getting it is through himeya. Hmm…maybe it’s about time I made another Himeya order

whats GPA??? 4.0? 3.0? 5.0???..

Grade Point Average.

Here’s an average estimation, from GPA to letter grade average.

4.0- A
3.0- B
2.0- C
1.0- D
0.0- F

Bishounen Blue has a 4.0, which is pretty damned good.
On the other hand, I have something like 0.9 or 1.2, somewhere in that area.

Needless to say, I have a lot of work ahead of me. -_-

Hrm…

…I may be able to manipulate things and have my mother get me Soul Link for Christmas.

Thing is, I don’t know if Navel’s the type of company that puts a lot of graphic H-images on the back of the box… obviously, I’m not going to risk it if that’s the case. ^_^;;

So, anyone know if they’ve done that before, with Shuffle or something?

This is difficult to say. I’d guess that there will be some HCG shown on the back of the box dispite the face that they have not released any of the HCGs as samples on their website. I couldn’t find any HCG for Utawareru mono anywhere on the internet but the back of the box does show HCG. It won’t come in time for Christmas anyway, unless you EMS it. In about a week I should have my copy and I can tell you for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Lord Zenigame:
Grade Point Average.

Here's an average estimation, from GPA to letter grade average.

4.0- A
3.0- B
2.0- C
1.0- D
0.0- F

oh, i see.... it pretty different from my system, here is a 0/10 grade (0 being the worst, 10 being the best) and i'm a 9.375 on my last report...