My Girlfriend is the President Official English Version

my guess june at the latest but more like may

They did just update the status sticky. They hope to go GM this month apparently … Which would mean an April release.

wow thats fast

“[15:35:31] the osadai translation is basically made-up but that just makes it funnier
[15:36:44] well the guy who translated it didn’t know kanji so he used an autoromanizer for everything
[15:36:56] then tinfoil edited it into something that made sense
[15:37:37] there are a ton of mistakes everywhere and it’s way, way too literal
[15:37:46] but the original game sucked and it’s funny this way so i doubt anyone cares”

Oh you guys!

Moogy is a troll.

yeah that sounds right
the game wasn’t the best thing out there but not too bad

Maybe, but he could be right. I remembered that what I looked at of the wiki translation was pretty bad. Never thought it was retouched automatic translation though.

it seems it should be done by end of march but there could be delays
http://www.jastusa.com/post-earthquake-status-report

Good to know my future purchases will contribute to a good cause

Kinda weird eh? Your purchase of fap material is contributing to a good cause. Not to take lightly of the situation in Japan, it might be a good idea that once a year that JAST has a Fap for Charity month.

it seem there is an issue with character name display
“There’s an issue with displaying character names in the backlog that ALcot is currently fixing. Once that’s done we’ll announce!”
http://twitter.com/jastusa

This…is…pathetic…
I’ll be waiting tho.

Why would that be pathetic? It takes awhile to fix issues like that, especially if the problem only occurs in languages not native to any of your programmers.

Japanese b-game companies have better things to do with their time than work on English-language products that are going to sell for about two-thirds to half of what Japanese people pay, and move around a tenth as many units. The ones that are doing English translations at all are doing it, I’m convinced, as an investment in developing a future market that might be lucrative - as opposed to a venture that actually makes sense in the short term.

Apparently that poster has never worked on translating a game. I did editing work for a couple of fanlation groups a while back and I can understand why character display can become an issue. Even the easiest programs to work with like kirikiri can still throw you a curveball.

More along the lines of: This is redundant because shit always goes wrong.

This is about normal when it comes to any game. Of course the amount of time it takes “them” to fix issues like this is absurd; but “them” is not JASTUSA but the people they outsource to or the official companies which seem to devote minimal resources to.
This is my understanding anyways…
If they charged more then I would expect faster results. But when games go from import 100$ + 20$ EMS shipping to 30$ + free shipping … It isn’t so bad a deal.

My next argument would be: The fan translators fixed this problem already. So why does such a problem exist?

Are you sure they did? Did you actually try out the patch yourself? Because that seems like the kind of thing a fan translation would just go “eh, whatever, it’s a fan translation, deal with it”.

my guess is this yumina, demonbane , downhill night blaze and Aselia will all be out by end of summer
i tried the patch it was ok

Hmm… well if it’s a hacked fix and not an ALcot fix, they might not use it… just because I’ve rarely seen companies use unofficial fixes.
On the other hand, VDZ posted on the gemot that ALcot already fixed this issue once (after fan-translators fixed it); so I dunno what to think except… hurry up somebody! :X