My Girlfriend is the President Official English Version

I need a reminder… when is this supposed to be released at?

soon is all we know now

The game never officially went golden, right? I was under the impression that it did, but I can’t find any news on it.

here is the last word from jast
President is almost ready for a final pass before mastering up. We’re aiming for release by July (Anime Expo).

Nice. It could be rather fitting if it’s released around Independence Day.

it missed my indendance day
it sounds like we will get it closer to my birthday than the usa’s birthday

I’m willing to bet Skyrim will come out first

As long as it comes out while Obama is still President, it will still be relevant!

Of course, looking at the Republican candidates at the moment, it seems JAST probably have until 2016 =P

Gives that fandisk the company announced some hope for relevancy then, but then again wasn’t that announcement an April Fool’s joke or something like that?

What announcement are you referring to?

I honestly don’t remember much about it except it being mentioned on a couple sites, one of them being tlwiki.

Except what being mentioned? JAST doing a translation of the fandisc? IIRC JAST never do fandiscs, and I doubt they’d even consider this one unless the original game is a success.

Have there even been any fandiscs to any games under the Jast USA label? I know that Come See Me Tonight had one that put all the girls from 1 and 2 into the same game. Other than that, I dunno.

No the group originally doing the translation made a mention of this supposed fandisc and there was some speculation as to whether Alcot’s announcement was a joke or not. Actually took an actual look for this and it turns out the game is real:

http://www.alcot.biz/product/osana_fd/

and here’s what the tlwiki said:

Yukizakura FD, Saki no Love Love Honeymoon
Kazoku Keikaku FD, Soshite Mada Kazoku Keikaku wo

Actually, that’s all that immediately springs to mind. I’m sure a rudimentary search would turn up more though-JAST has released quite a lot of games and quite a lot of games have fandiscs.

In general, my point was more related to a comment someone made once about JAST not going after remakes, spinoff games etc. and fandiscs definitely count.

See, this is why your question confused me- yes, the game has a fandisc; it came out ages ago, in fact, I’m pretty sure it’s been mentioned on these fora at least once. Okay, all clear now.

i wonder how close to release jast is

That was taken from Twitter yesterday.

Game updates: Aselia will be Master up next week, off to the printers. President the week after!

http://twitter.com/#!/jastusa

Just a short update. We’re still hard at work on the game, solving a couple of last issues. It’s never easy getting the darn master finally complete.

I noticed in a tweet that Peter posted a bit ago that the game was using Japanese style quotes instead of English ones. Is that going to be true in the final release? I’m just curious.

http://peterpayne.com/post/11508079620/ … -cute-girl