Next CROWD game Peach Princess should take?

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
*perks up*

Mm?

Don't look too interested [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]. Besides, the devil is known for making his contracts take instant effect, so if i'm going to make a deal with you, it has to take instant effect, or it'd be worthless [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

By the way, Unicorn, what did you think of the demo of Owarinaki Maid-tachi no Yoru? You should have watched it by now, but you still haven’t answered what you think about it?

Besides, if any of you else see this and looks for the demo, you won’t find it. Gamelex GS took it down just recently, it seems…

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 07-11-2002).]

I tried to watch it yesterday on my Win98-System, but only got the music. Sounded good this far. Reminded me a bit of the demo of Slave Bazar (nah, have not gotten that in japanese too).

I did’nt get the visible part because WindowsMediaPLayer could’nt decompress it. Maybe, I try today again on WinXP, perhaps it has more advanced decompressing routines (I think, I may try also Sasami instead of WindowsMediaPlayer).

By the way: Crowd has also put up a downloadable demo of Owarinari maidotachi no Yoru, but it is a bit shorter (13 MB). I shall try that today at home too.

(And yes, you were definitely right: Inuyamas first name is Tsumugi. I got the syllables mixed up, because I was already used to simply call her Inuyama, like all the characters in that game do.)

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 07-11-2002).]

quote:
I tried to watch it yesterday on my Win98-System, but only got the music. Sounded good this far. Reminded me a bit of the demo of Slave Bazar (nah, have not gotten that in japanese too).
I did'nt get the visible part because WindowsMediaPLayer could'nt decompress it. Maybe, I try today again on WinXP, perhaps it has more advanced decompressing routines (I think, I may try also Sasami instead of WindowsMediaPlayer)

That's strange... It didn't work on my Realplayer, but it worked fine on Windows Media Player... Well, it might be because that my windows is 2000, and yours 98, but who knows, I'm no pro [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

quote:
By the way: Crowd has also put up a downloadable demo of Owarinari maidotachi no Yoru, but it is a bit shorter (13 MB). I shall try that today at home too.

Yes, that demo is smaller... But it isn't all that different from the one that you could download from Gamelex GS, it just has a few different and fewer scenes than the one at GamlexGS did.

quote:
(And yes, you were definitely right: Inuyamas first name is Tsumugi. I got the syllables mixed up, because I was already used to simply call her Inuyama, like all the characters in that game do.)

Heh, that's what happens when you get too attached to an adult bishoujo game character [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

I was finally able to watch them on Windows Media Player on XP.

The playing time of both demos are almost the same. I personally prefer the official demo from CROWDs homepage, but I like both very much.

Now I think even more that ordering the japanese version of the game was the right decision. Hey, release date was moved from 7/28 to 7/26. Maybe, I will have it on my birthday at 7/31? (5 days is a bit challenging, but if the release would become some more days earlier, this might happen…)

I’m really happy now and may share this with you all…

Whoa, is that Sophia!? looks good . This makes me wonder if you, much like in Maid’s Story will be able to order the maids to do various chores in the mansion, like cooking and serving food, cleaning, yes, things like that you know. That seems likely, through, but I don’t think anyonme here knows for sure if it is a SIM or ADV, or? And even if it is labeled a “ADV”, it might still be a SIM (Why, Dokusen was labeled an ADV at some places, so it’s not impossible that it might be the same with Endless Maid’s Nights).

Well, Himeya has called it a “Maid Insult SIM”. I am not quite sure about it myself (and I would call Dokusen also an Insult SIM instead of ADV (Himeya called it “School SIM”)), but the graphics look good and I have a thing for the maids costumes (especially when they have much bows), so I think I would like it anyway.

The pic is not directly related to the game, but I thought it matches the topic, so I may as well show it to all.

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 07-12-2002).]

Ok… you’ll have tp promise to report back about whenever it’s a sim or not and what you can do in the game once you have got the game Hmm, you’re buying the Japanese version of the game, but would you still buy the game if it came out in english?

Your birthday is the 31 this month? funny that it is exactly a month earlier than me

No prob. I already thought about giving my first impressions here on the board after I have gotten it anyway. (Back to the topic: Yes I would have preferred this game as the next CROWD game, but Fukushuu/Yaiba was following right behind. And yes, I should also buy the english translation, if it ever would be made. I’ve even already bought both versions of CP!)

But you have to promise, that you would not again flip out, after I have gotten my hands on it.

(I admit, the thing about Dokusen was quite a bit nasty of me, but hey, if you were on your way of becoming capable of understanding japanese, what game would you have bought first, right? )

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
No prob. I already thought about giving my first impressions here on the board after I have gotten it anyway.

Good [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]. I'm alredy burning with eagerness to hear about it [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img].

quote:
Back to the topic: Yes I would have preferred this game as the next CROWD game, but Fukushuu/Yaiba was following right behind.

You mean that you'd prefer Peach Princess to release Fukushuu/Yaiba before they release Endless Maid's Nights??

quote:
But you have to promise, that you would not again flip out, after I have gotten my hands on it.

Hmm... Ok, I'll at least promise to chew on someone else's leg (woe anyone who stands close to me then [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]) instead of yours once you reveal all (or at least some) of the the delicious details about Endless Maid's Nights [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img].

quote:
I admit, the thing about Dokusen was quite a bit nasty of me, but hey, if you were on your way of becoming capable of understanding japanese, what game would you have bought first, right? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

... hmm, you have a point, I suppose... If I was capable of understanding enough of the Japanese language to play an adult bishoujo game, then I'd buy Dokusen, Kairaku, Utsukishi Hime and a few other sright away and play for weeks [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] (alas, both Kairaku and Utsukishi Hime is sold out at Will, so I'm hoping that PP will be able to release those in the future [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]). But if I had those kinds of skills, it's very possibile that I'd try to make a few fan-translations of adult bishoujo games (Well, I have always felt that if I know a language and is able to read things others can't, then I should try to make it possibile for them to read it too, since it feels... kinda unfair... That's why I often translates things from english to swedish if my little sisters or my friends asks me to do so).

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
You mean that you'd prefer Peach Princess to release Fukushuu/Yaiba before they release Endless Maid's Nights??

I would not prefer that (remember, I said Fukushuu was runnig up straight behind Owarinaki maidotachi no yoru), but if CROWD is a bit reluctant at giving the rights to it's newest title to PeaPri, I would consider Fukushuu a nice way to kill some time until they have changed their mind. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
But if I had those kinds of skills, it's very possibile that I'd try to make a few fan-translations of adult bishoujo games (Well, I have always felt that if I know a language and is able to read things others can't, then I should try to make it possibile for them to read it too, since it feels... kinda unfair... That's why I often translates things from english to swedish if my little sisters or my friends asks me to do so).

Ooops! I kinda feel my japanese over-estimated. Right now, I understand only fragments of Dokusen, because I still learn Kanji, but the voice-acting helps me a lot at understanding what's going on (and I really want to beat the crap out of Ayukawa Kyouichi and Himegami Kaoru for the things, they do to Inuyama Tsumugi!), so it was a nice try to tickle a fan-translation of Dokusen (or Owarinaki maidotachi no Yoru) out of me, but I think I will still need some months (or years) until I may be able to make an accurate translation. On the other hand, Gakuen oujousama Kitan is another story, because it has furigana, so I have a good chance of finding the translation for most words in my japanese dictionary and even learn some more kanji by doing this. But who may be interested in a fan-translation of Gakuen oujousama Kitan...
(Not that it would keep me away from using my dictionary on that game, anyway! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] )

quote:
I would not prefer that (remember, I said Fukushuu was runnig up straight behind Owarinaki maidotachi no yoru), but if CROWD is a bit reluctant at giving the rights to it's newest title to PeaPri, I would consider Fukushuu a nice way to kill some time until they have changed their mind

Hmm, I see...Well, I think you are right - if they not allow Peach Princess to translate and release Owarinaki maidotachi no Yoru first, then Fuukushu/Yaiba could indeed be a good game to play untiöl they change their mind. But I think that most likely, they'llh ave released one more game and perhaps are working on a new one by the time Peach Princess is finished with the Crowd games they are doing now - also, by that time, Owarinaki maidotachi no Yoru should be considered a quite "old" game in Japan alreday, so I don't think we should worry about it .). (not me, anyway [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img])...

quote:
Ooops! I kinda feel my japanese over-estimated. Right now, I understand only fragments of Dokusen, because I still learn Kanji, but the voice-acting helps me a lot at understanding what's going on (and I really want to beat the crap out of Ayukawa Kyouichi and Himegami Kaoru for the things, they do to Inuyama Tsumugi!), so it was a nice try to tickle a fan-translation of Dokusen (or Owarinaki maidotachi no Yoru) out of me, but I think I will still need some months (or years) until I may be able to make an accurate translation. On the other hand, Gakuen oujousama Kitan is another story, because it has furigana, so I have a good chance of finding the translation for most words in my japanese dictionary and even learn some more kanji by doing this. But who may be interested in a fan-translation of Gakuen oujousama Kitan...
(Not that it would keep me away from using my dictionary on that game, anyway! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] )

Hmm, no, I don't think I'd be interested in a fan-transation for that game, but perhaps I'd be interested in a fantransaltion for this game by guilty: http://www.gamelexgs.com/gameinfo/2001/sa/shinnin_eigo/index.htm ... Of all of Guilty's games, this is the one that looks most interesting to me... The story in their newest game that can be seen on thier homepage (and on g-collections) seems by the way to be _much_ similar to the story in this one...

But it might be a little too early to talk about fan-translations, at least fan-translations of Wills' games, since Peach Princess are doing that for us right now .9. But if Peter or Lamuness said spomething like "We'll never translate that (insert name of a game by "ill or Crowd by tour choice here) game" about one of Will or Crowd's games, then I'd be interested in a fan-transalation if I was interested by the game... But we all have to keep in mind that it doesn't feel the same when you use a fan-translation, unless it would be some kind of plug-in that shows the text in english in the game... so I myself wouldn't touch a fan-translation unless I was _really_ desperate...

Sorry to bring up this very old thread just for your sake, Nandemonai, but I just HAVe to comment on this…

quote:
[B]Damn. Now I do want to play that maid-game-without-a-name, even though I have no stomach for BSDM. It sounds like it has an interesting plot and characters[B]

And this I hear from the guy who said that:

“There is no way I would pay money for this game. There is no way I would play this game if someone gave it to me for free. There is no way I would play this game if someone offered to pay me to do it. The entire concept of a sex slave training simulator is…how to put this…something my conscience will not allow me to play.”

when we were talking about Dokusen? What’d be so different between OMnY and Dokusen? Or have you changed your mind somewhat since then?

quote:
Sorry to bring up this very old thread just for your sake, Nandemonai, but I just HAVe to comment on this...

And this I hear from the guy who said that:

"There is no way I would pay money for this game. There is no way I would play this game if someone gave it to me for free. There is no way I would play this game if someone offered to pay me to do it. The entire concept of a sex slave training simulator is...how to put this...something my conscience will not allow me to play."

when we were talking about Dokusen? What'd be so different between OMnY and Dokusen? Or have you changed your mind somewhat since then?

Hm. I'm not sure, although I suspect it has more to do with me not liking the entire concept of Dokusen, and with Dokusen being a slave training sim. My understanding is that in the maid game we're talking about you don't *have* to be abusive.

And my attitudes probably have changed somewhat. I don't know if I'd buy Dokusen anyway, but you are right--there do seem to be similarities.

I think I was more also irritated by Kumiko's attitude towards the game.

quote:
Hm. I'm not sure, although I suspect it has more to do with me not liking the entire concept of Dokusen, and with Dokusen being a slave training sim. My understanding is that in the maid game we're talking about you don't *have* to be abusive.

And my attitudes probably have changed somewhat. I don't know if I'd buy Dokusen anyway, but you are right--there do seem to be similarities.

I think I was more also irritated by Kumiko's attitude towards the game.

Well, Unicorn did say that you could be gentle with the girls... You know what thee say - if you want to tame something, be it a dog, horse ot human you must use either kindness (for those who have a great deal of patience and not lose their tempers easily, this is recommended), Discipline (but be warned: if yoo much of this is used, the subject will obey you only out of fear, not loyality, and thus, betrayal is soemthing you should except; in other words, don't except the subject to obey you when you are hanging helpless by a cliff) or a mix of both.

Dokusen and OMnY is very similar in this aspect, or so I think, since you can either be kind or not. in other words: Dokusen isn't necressiary abusive, just like OMnY

In fact, it is even more simple to be kind in Dokusen, than in OMnY:

In Dokusen, you may decide to do nothing to the girl at all (even if that would lead in the end to an disaster), while in OMnY, the nights will happen, no matter what you do. You only have an indirect influence on what will happen in the nights, because the dialogs will give the main character a special (sometimes wrong) idea that might lead to different events. However, you have never the option to leave the maid untouched.

quote:
In fact, it is even more simple to be kind in Dokusen, than in OMnY:

In Dokusen, you may decide to do nothing to the girl at all (even if that would lead in the end to an disaster), while in OMnY, the nights will happen, no matter what you do. You only have an indirect influence on what will happen in the nights, because the dialogs will give the main character a special (sometimes wrong) idea that might lead to different events. However, you have never the option to leave the maid untouched.

...then I suppose I would have to adopt a "wait and see" attitude. I'm not sure if I could play this game or not, it would depend.

quote:
...then I suppose I would have to adopt a "wait and see" attitude. I'm not sure if I could play this game or not, it would depend.

Sounds good enough for me. But depending on what?

quote:
Sounds good enough for me. But depending on what?

How extreme the content was. How frequent. Whether the girls were merely unhappy with it or REALLY REALLY PISSED. Whether the main character is just oblivious, knows and doesn't care, or actively enjoys it. How the scenes tie into the story--are they totally incongruous, are they just fluff, or are they integral to the plotline. How good the rest of the story is.

And perhaps most importantly, whether the game's writers seemed to think it was funny.

I suppose I would also have to add that the entire point of Dokusen would be the rape/bondage/etc scenes. That doesn’t help it in my eyes.