Official Post about Shiny Days

well yea some of them share routes for what i can see Setsuna mom is the one with the least stuff

@carlos hernandez

Both manami and youko have two primary scenes and a few minor ones (from 40 secs to about 1:30 for the minor ones) though youko does have one additional scene that is incredible, wont go into anymore detail cos i dont wanna spoil it for you.

Any updates on when the game is actually coming out? August? June-July?Ok as a huge fan of School Days anime and School Days HQ, does anyone know how many bloody and gory endings we can expect to see? Its like the only reason I even bought the past game, if I could replace all the sex scenes with what happens usually in bad endings of School Days HQ you bet I would. :slight_smile:

We are aiming to get both Raidy III and Shiny out by AX. As usual, we can never be sure. Among other things, printing proper boxes causes all kinds of delays with printers, who suddenly need 7+ weeks just to print the boxes/artbooks/whatever. In general, Shiny Days is a much less "dark" game than School Days, being more of a love comedy than a semi tongue-in-cheek ero romantic thriller.

@Dark_Shiki, mainly the two biggest conventions of our year come within 2 days of each other this year. We know that, even if we get both games in stock for the cons, we won't have staff to ship them all out to people at the same time. So the shipping date will really be "when the cons are done" (figure late July for everything to go out).

I'll actually be at Anime Expo this year. Will I be able to pick up my preorder in person? Will you do the usual and make the digital download available to everyone 1-4 weeks before the packaged version ships?

Wondering this as well since I will be at AX with my fiance.

@Dark_Shiki, we'll communicate with everyone when we know everything is on schedule, but yes, it makes sense for anyone who's preordering to cancel the order and just buy it at whatever show they'll be at.

Ok good to know :)I will just pick it up at AX than, just hope enough LE copies will be available

How does this affect digital downloads? Will you only release download versions when you're ready to ship?

I just checked out the Los Angeles sales tax: 9%. That nets to $54.50 on a $50 order. Since I ordered from J-List at $50 + $2.29 shipping, I'll probably just wait patiently for the box version to arrive--assuming digital downloads will be available before or at the same time as box version sales commence. Unless I can get a special convention discount. ;-)

any chance to reveal what characters are included as keychains in the jlist order?

Yeah I'd like a Kokoro/Sekai/Kotonoha one personally. Please leak some pics of the possible keychains? :^)

Some updates on Shiny and conventions in general:

Shiny Days:

Testing has been going pretty well, not a lot of QC problems though because it is a video game in a litteral sense, fixing any problem does take a little more work and so:

Sad news:

Looks like Shiny will likely not make it to the convention, but it should be good for summer as promised (Site says August 25th, which looks about right imo)

Happy news:

Convention goers will get a chance to get at some pretty awesome giveaways.

Follow jlistinsider on Instagram or Tumblr if you're looking for occasional leaks (I think the Shiny Days keychain pic will go up probably end of next week and details of the AX/Comicon giveaways the week after.)

Good thing i didn’t cancel my preorder.

"Depending how Shiny does, Cross Days is not unlikely (though Island Days is DS so and with a different company so we don't really have our eye on it <- I'm playing it now since Jlist got it in stock, pretty cool (and challenging)."

"@Totoro: Cross Days came after Summer Days, since Shiny is the remake of Summer Days, we went with that first. "

I played Cross Days. My review of the game can be found here.

Shiny Days was definitely the right choice to go for next. Not only was the original version released before Cross Days, but the game itself was better received on the Japanese market. Cross Days is also a buggy mess. Even patched it crashed on me constantly, far more often than School Days HQ did. Not to mention the route structure is nonsensical, even by School Days standards. Fans of the School Days series will play it just because, but better games deserve higher priority.

If JAST does go for Cross Days next, I hope they do something about the bugs. I have a feeling they won't, because that would require Overflow's cooperation, and since they don't appear to be actively making games anymore, I don't see any reason why they'd fix bugs now that they never bothered to fix for the Japanese release.

@sanahtlig

If you dont mind me asking what bugs are you refering to? granted i havent lauched cross days in a few years but i dont remember there being any serious issues gameplay wise, though that being said constantly being prompted to insert the second installation disk was annoying a fuck, pretty much just had to leave it in the disk tray constantly.

From my Cross Days review:

"The game has many of the same problems as School Days. It crashes/hangs frequently, especially if you scene skip in a scene with a choice. The problem is more acute in Cross Days because there's no "skip to the next choice" feature as there was in School Days HQ. Like School Days, the scenario consists of many puzzle pieces intended to fit together in many different configurations--but not all the configurations tell a cohesive story. Certain paths detour around scenes that are necessary for explaining/instigating downstream events."

The scenario was also patched to fix errors in route branching, which broke many of the available Internet guides.

Yeah you are right, Interactive VNs ("???ADV" in Japan): Tag: Interactive Movie | vndb

Are very rare, there are only a few of them, most notable are the Days series: School Days | vndb ,
Shiny Days | vndb , Cross Days | vndb from 0verflow: 0verflow | vndb

And Sisters: sisters ~Natsu no Saigo no Hi~ | vndb from Jellyfish: Jellyfish | vndb as well as Jellyfish’s newly announced title “i Virgin”: http://www.tgsmart.jp/article.aspx?a=5736

I saw the Shiny Days keychains and now I'm just wishing I could get all 12 because they're cute and I want all of them, but buying 12 copies of this game in hopes of getting a different one each time isn't a good idea LOL (nor do I have that kind of money) T_T