Official Post about Shiny Days

@james j alter : I tried it and it seems to be running fine on my laptop running win 10

is the game out ,one i preoreder still hasn’t come out ,from jlist

Not out yet, we found a few bugs we need to smash first.

i pre-oreded this jlist when i clicked onsite it tells me aug 25 this gets released ,i heard from people already got unless digital ,i pre-ordered the physical disc

"As expected, some content will not be included with our shipping version, principally a few specific scenes with Kokoro and her classmate are being omitted." Fine its cut because of the lolicon contend but cant you replace it with another harem ending maybe.

Of course not. JAST is just a translation company, you want them to somehow produce another fully animated ending for the game?

Do you think it will release on time (the 25th) or will we get delays? I'm too excited to play this, I've been following Shiny Days since it was originally released in Japanese. Hoping for that anonymous patch too.

If they're still fixing bugs there's no way the hard copies will be ready in time, but maybe the digital version will?

@Andorian Ino : We cut the sex part of the sex scenes, the routes and endings are still there.

@Hearts: I'm starting to get worried myself. There were a few ending scenes that are crashing the engine, and they had to redo a few of the original videos that didn't have proper demosaicing) we may be delayed for a little bit unless some sort of magic happens - once I have the final master I'll know exactly when we can get this game out.

Since Overflow has boasted that its engine was designed with English text in mind, I'm surprised localization is hitting serious technical snags that didn't affect the original Japanese release. As always, demosaicing introduces its own set of problems I suppose.

Its not so much the text, its the videos that had to be re-encoded, and missing mosaics that were "lost" and remade. The engine is kinda picky with how the videos are done so we had a few problems with crashing on translated video with credits in them, and re-encoded uncensored video. It's mostly time consuming, and in a few cases, because multiple things were changed it took a little trial and error.

Rechecking also takes some time for the longer scenes. I cant skip to an exact time so I'd need to fast forward through the first 5 minutes of a scene without missing the check etc.

(demosaic + 2 uniforms for some of the scenes = pain in the face)

Ah, so basically demosaicing, altering, and playtesting an interactive movie is a royal pain.

How many of the technical hangups are related to the content removal that was necessary for the "shipping version" of the game?

Currently, none (we're waiting on a 3 second clip for unmosaicing from Stack, I'm doing the final check as we speak (minus that one clip).

Technical hangups were mostly from when we wanted english in the OP and ED, we needed to pretty much redo them. Since there are so many endings (and the ending card is tied to the video + a bunch of other technicalities) it took a while (and then when I noticed a mistake, we had to do them again....)

Thanks for the update.

I buyed the limited edition on J-list.

So there might be a delay in the shipping of the physical release ?

J-List says that they communicate a download code at the day of release so we don't have to wait for the physical disc to arrive. Will there be some delay for that too ?

+2 uniforms? I guess it is the classic “walk in on the loli in the bathroom” getting full battle armor as per usual.

@Antoine we might be able to push the download through faster if our server is ready.

@Linus 2 uniforms means you can choose to play with the Shiny Days uniform or the Summer Days uniform. That means all scenes that show the uniform have to be done twice (once for each uniform).

Earlier you or Nicholas commented that you were working with J-List to implement automatic order processing / download code forwarding for J-List hardcopy customers (with goal of getting hardcopy preorder customers their download codes as soon as JAST customers got their's). You guys said this would hopefully be ready for Shiny Day's release. Has this been implemented yet?

If anyone said it, it was probably Nick. I got a crash course in the new system, and it looks like it should be possible. But I don't know if is 100% ready/how closely we'll have to watch it to make sure it works

Sounds like Shiny Days will be the beta test for the new system. Cool.

I only managed to just hear about this now. Frankly, this is absurd. There is absolutely no way that they weren't aware that there wouldn't be this much backlash to the decision when they made it. You think there's a problem with selling loli to certain countries? Then don't ship the physical edition to those countries. You think there's a problem with your translators working on the game because of their country's laws? What on earth makes you think that censoring the game's final release is going to make them safe from the fact that they were working on a game that had the offending content in it to begin with? You think it will "cause problems for visual novels as a wider genre"? Why would you ever think that censoring a game would stop backlash from being generated in the first place? Cutting content has never prevented media hysteria or unfounded controversy.

All I see is a series of weak excuses from a group of people without the backbone to follow through on the content of the product they agreed to localise in the first place. Censorship doesn't endear you to anyone, least of all the fans.