Official Post about Shiny Days

o god so i have to wait till monday to see why they say the payment fail yet i was still charge anyway
beautiful just beautiful what a weekend

@ Carlos hernandez, right there with ya. I have nothing from them, they haven't even charged me yet, I'm just confused, angry, heart broken, and it's just wow, there's literally nothing else I can do. I've got my ticket in J-List and that's it. I don't think I have ever wished so much for Monday to come, which is very sad.

To all the people having issues with fullscreen, try running the game with the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" compatibility option enabled, that fixed fullscreen mode for me.

I've played the game all the way to the final episode without any crashes or major issues, but i am having a strange problem with the BGM going completely silent every time i launch the game unless i delete the "Config.DAT" file on the game's folder beforehand. Also, there's an untranslated line in the game's built-in road map, next to what i believe to be the completion percentage.

I get past the first chapter with no crash or annoying tearing and a pretty good image quality with my false fullscreen trick.The game seems really good, more animations and settings than School Days for a much more polished experience.The game is more light hearted than the previous one, filled with funny situations and cute animations.I noticed a coherence error where the waitress switch costumes (from cat to purple ones) in some shots. But beyond that it seems like hours of great entertainement for my wife and I.Hope the patch is released soon, in the meantime we’ll stay away from the little ones ;).

“Disable display scaling on high DPI settings” didn’t fix the crashs for me, I’m sticking to my cheap trick.

*I’m a little ways into ch 3, and still no problems… Though, I have yet to see Ikeda and Itou’s mom’s face.

Give us some info on your setup charles.
Windows version

Full or windowed

Install location etc any information that might be relevant.

Just curious.

Ah np,

Win 8.1 x64
fullscreen and 16:9 aspect ratio game settings
installed to C:\games running as administrator
unchecked folder permissions read-only
I always run the game as administrator
I am also using the combined community code pack, if that’s any further help
intel i5 quad core and nvidia gtx 7** setup - may or may not be of any help

Thanks bud.

Only differences between my setup and yours would be windows version (im on 7) and I am not using the combined community codec.

maybe it is a codec thing after all, I think i'll just wait it out till monday and see what someone from JAST says.

just to let y'all know it's easy to patch in the deleted scenes if you have the original shiny days, but it has the mosaic.

Please patch the game’s fullscreen resolution to support higher resolution monitors at 60Hz. My graphics card is locked at 60Hz, so I can’t lower the resolution, so my screen resolution has to be 1080p in order to take up the fullscreen.

I got the Key from J-List too.
Anyway I dont know if it helps, I remember haveing the same trouble on Windows 7 with School Days, with video / fullscrenn etc. I don’t know if Shiny Days still uses wmv and wma in the Game.
But if it does maybe it that could help some of you ppl.
The problem was a defective Microsoft update on XP “KB 2834904” and on Windows 7 “KB 2803821”, it occurs when decoding WMV9 files. Not all uses of WMV decoding are affected
†If you have have that file in your update history its better to uninstall it and make sure it wont be Auto. reinstalled after reboot.

But like i said i just dont know if shiny days still using wmv and wma in the game

I have another problem, does someone got a walkthrough for the new shiny days, i need 2 endings.

1. Paris Of Four People

2. Perfect targeting Katsura Family

The problem was a defective Microsoft update on XP "KB 2834904" and on Windows 7 "KB 2803821",

Update 2803821 screwed up a shit-ton of games, it often caused half the screen (bottom half) to just go black. I didn't know it was screwing VNs too.

It's permanently uninstalled on my computer, and it's one of the reasons why compulsory updates (looks at Win 10 home) is a bad idea.

Really random,
My game finally stopped responding some ways into episode 4. Although, I was able to continue where I left off after I reloaded the previous save.

So I was unable to save during the game. It seems like no save files are created at all.

zah make sure its running as admin if it's in the C drive.

monte, yea, that worked. Dunno why it would save to C/Programs

@andorian Ino here’s a great walk through I use to use. Though if you don’t know any Japanese just use google translate or summin. Hope this helps http://seiya-saiga.com/game/0verflow/shinydays.html

About 30 mins into ep 2 & the only GFX issue i’ve had is 1/100 times when using ALT & ENTER to go into fullscreen it will fullscreen but the image is black boxed on all 4 sides and stays at the original resolution, But exiting then re-entering fullscreen solves it.

The only other problems are typos and the incorrect costume being shown.

Win 8.1 x64
GTX 970
i5 4690k
No additional codecs installed

Installed to D:\Program Files (x86)\Shiny Days as C:/ is my boot/ssd drive and is almost full.
All files have full read/write permissions
Running as Admin.