Official Post about Shiny Days

Somehow, removing KB 2803821 made things worse and i get black screens in shiny and school days with crashes in the same place in shiny days.

In the future please dont release a game Friday there no costumer support on the weekens and makes more of mess

@JÈrÙme De Vos yeah i kind of have the same problem, can't get past the choosing of Setsuna's costume. †is anybody else having the same problem?

![](upload://zL0nHRXn0K0fAZ7EWoVjEL6YACO.png)† †

![](upload://vFWLrqih7WlV8d1iuUvevNGXRb6.png)

![](upload://u6yf4cIHS4D9IkGvxloyZs7yZx6.png)

That error looks familiar.

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/10982-shinydays-installation-break-on-97-packsinigpk/?hl=shiny%20days

Something's wrong with the installation. The error reads, "Script Engine: The script versions don't match." In any case, this is an error that people encountered with the Japanese version, so workarounds for that version should apply here. Try searching on the error in Japanese and machine translating the results maybe?

Here's the text version of the error:

?????????

????????????????????

@sanahtlig hmm just installed the game to my laptop seems to not get the error and i am able to play the game, maybe its my hardware in my deskop pc that's the issue here.... i dunno i am running win 8.1 64/bit on both my desktop and laptop, weird.

@carlos

Thank you, but that doesnt help me much, that walkthrough is to confusion aside from the google translation i had to use way to many saves ( like to get the you have to lade this save if you want to get this you have to loade that save) and so on.

@ayy nigger

Sry to read that, for me it worked fine, since than school day HQ i upgraded to windows 10 so i dont have to do that anymore.

Is anyone having the same problem I'm having? It is not letting me download the two files for setup.exe and the Data Checker as actual working .exe application files and is just giving me them as basic files.

i was finally given the code but is not working it says there no downloads what do i do ?

@Carlos hernandez. ive had the same problem for two days. essentially you have submit a ticket and wait till J-list/JAST open on monday. its frustrating, but not much else you can do unfortunately

Guys, just wanted to share this workaround from the JAST Devlog. I don’t know if it will fix all of the problems mentioned, but it may take care of some of them:

http://follow.jastusa.com/post/129767908146/just-a-heads-up-an-unfortunate-oversight-16-x-1gb

I can’t really tell you myself, as the key code I received from J-List isn’t working. :stuck_out_tongue: My hope is that maybe JAST temporarily shut down the downloads as they resolve these issues and will have an improved version available for download Monday or Tuesday… Guess we’ll see.

Hey Steven, have you tried manually making them exe files by putting .exe in their file names?

@Jack, yeah we're all pretty much aware of that devlog post, that's only concerning saving the game though and doesn't do anything for the crashes some of us are experiencing.

I wish there was a walkthrough for this =/ It sucks having to just guess choice to get the route you want.

There is. In japanese.

For those looking for a walkthrogh try here: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fseiya-saiga.com%2Fgame%2F0verflow%2Fshinydays.html

The routes are explained here: http://overflow.wikia.com/wiki/Endings

Shiny Days is up on the most torrent sites, so you don't have to wait anymore.

Shiny Days is unplayable for me, I did the Datachecker and everything turned out fine. I installed it and I went under properties and checked the admin box like the PDF file told me to and I go to the title screen shows up and I start the game. Here is where the problem begins, I am asked to choose an outfit and when I do, three error windows pop up in this order: 1st reads "??????????". 2nd reads "1.00" and finally 3rd "1.0". After those windows pop up it sends me back to the title screen. No matter how many times I try to play this game it keeps happening over and over again. I already submitted a ticket to JAST and currently waiting for a response on how to figure out what the problem is. I just wanted to know if any of you guys fixed this problem on your own or is this something out of my power to fix?

@ Michael Reyes i have the same issue myself, first time i got the ???? part now i get the japanese text first ![](upload://zL0nHRXn0K0fAZ7EWoVjEL6YACO.png) ![](upload://vFWLrqih7WlV8d1iuUvevNGXRb6.png) ![](upload://u6yf4cIHS4D9IkGvxloyZs7yZx6.png)

So I'm looking at the Japanese installer, and there's an option to install .NET compact framework 3.5. I wonder if that's linked to the problems some people are having. Maybe try installing it and see if that fixes any issues, especially that script version mismatch error?

@sanahtlig

Installing it didn't fix the crashing for me unfortunately, good idea though, maybe it fixes something else.

I also ran into install problems with the Japanese version. I had an installation stall on Disk 2. When I tried to copy files over manually from Disk 3, files including Ini.GPK and Script.GPK were detected as viruses by Norton Security and were blocked, stalling the installation. I had similar installation stalls with School Days HQ. Users experiencing problems might want to try disabling antivirus and firewall before installing and/or running Shiny Days.