Official Post about Shiny Days

@ayy nigger

Hey thanks, that worked. Now I have the game fully installed and..... it is completely mute.... crap.

@Tomas Isdahl

Yeah its weird why we get those errors, I even did a compatibility test from windows 8 to windows vista and still the same thing happens.

In the interest of facilitating a community restoration patch, I did a comparison of files between the English and Japanese installs.

Google spreadsheet

The installations are sufficiently different that even if the censorship could be undone by replacing a few files, I wouldn't know which ones to replace.

Strange that you guys are having alot of problems. The only problem I have is playing on fullscreen which just doesn't work at all and it just goes completely black while controls do work but I cant't see anything. Its not that big of a problem because I can just play in window mode and it works fine.

@John Nguyen i had the same problem, i fixed it by running the game in compatibility mode for windows 7. if you are using 7 try an earlier version of windows

@swift talon Oh thanks, that worked. I guess its a window 10 thing not being compatible with the game but I think I'm gonna stick with window mode since I'm already use to playing it on window mode lol.

Finally got the game no issues yet seems fine

also any news on the restoration patch ? i hope we get it this week

@restoration patch

I’d expect you’d have to extract the .GPK files first to tell the difference. The missing movie files are likely to be in Movie04.GPK and MovieZ4.GPK while you’d have to “renable” the scenarios in Script.GPK. I guess just copying over some files from the original installation might bring back the original scenes, but will likely destroy the unmosaics done to rest of the content in these files. Also strange is the huge size difference of System.GPK. I can’t even imagine what kind of huge content it could have. Movies are in movies, voices in voices and system sounds obviously in SysSe (like System Sound Effect). So alls left are addional pictures from some “extra menues”, BGs and stuff. Content I’d not expect to shrink that dramatically from the modifications JastUSA did, unless they bothered to skimp through the file and found tons of unused material that they were able to compress down that file.

So unless we can extract data (likely organized as files and maybe even within a path structure), all we can do is hope we get more hints. :smiley:

Wahoo!!! They finally took my money, and I got the code everything seems ok so far, just started playing the game though and past the costume choice and opening movie.

I have freezing problems and one of Manami's ending was given the wrong ending title which after ending the game corrupted Globalflag.DAT file which then in turn made the game crash constantly till i had to delete the save files along with the DAT file.

Yeah, I was looking forward to buying and playing the game. With all these bugs and the censor patch unreleased I think I will hold off purchasing until JAST pardon my french gets their shit together.

Anyone have a completed route map I can look at for reference?

The game kept crashing during a scene with Inori. Had to delete GlobalFlag.DAT and start all over D:

pg 47 i posted a walkthough

@john smith: the google translation is pretty garbled, I am really not sure what the heck i am looking at. where do I even start?

well thats strange, the bath scene i found in school days with makoto and itaru that had mosaic seems to have been missed in shiny days as well, thats annoying that the scene looks almost identical as well

@milkmandan
You do a search for the route you want or the person you want then follow the saves to get there.

The routes are explained in the other link.

@swift talon

Missing? The scene is here albeit censored as you’d expect. I got It while trying to go for Setsuna but ending with Inori.

So far no crashes on my Dell Venue 8 Pro running Windows 10, although like School Days HQ this game doesn’t like 16:9 fullscreen mode so I have to run it in 4:3 fullscreen mode, 16:9 used to work on Windows 8.1.

I haven’t ran into any difficulties yet what so ever, but I’m running it with my Alienware Laptop though.

Windows 8.1

Intel (R) Core ™ i7-4700MQ CPU 2.40GHz

8.00 GB

64 bit Operating System, x64 based processor

Loving it so far!!! Thank You Jast USA!!!