Official Post about Shiny Days

Gahhhhh. No technical problems here (though I haven’t tried the game in full screen yet) but I got my first proper ending - which kind of came out of nowhere since I wasn’t paying the characters in question any particular attention - then went back down the route map and made a few different decisions. SAME ENDING. I went further back down the route map and tried more different decisions. SAME ENDING. I keep trying over and over to somehow get onto a different route but it’s not happening.

School Days never gave me a problem like this - I got most scenes and endings through this kind of experimentation - so I’m wondering if I’ve run into a bug. For now I guess I’ll start over and try to get on the upper branch of the route map instead.

There is an early route split on the first 2 decisions which branch in 2 totally different stories (one with and one without Inori). I haven’t managed to get anything else but Inori on the Inori route… maybe you are stuck with her?

Nah, I’m on the lower branch. No matter what I do, I can’t escape the clutches of Karen. I mean, she’s cute and all, and that scratchy voice of hers makes for some nice… sounds, but enough’s enough.

@ Raincoat I also had that problem but it fixed after getting rid of my save files I was able to get a Manami ending(which was falsely labeled as the twins ending) and the twins ending.

Does anyone have a walkthrough? I can't find it on google.

Windows 10 x64
Intel celeron B830 1.8GHZ
4GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics

Full-screen only worked after I installed “Net Framework 3.5”, my vcredist 2010 was broken so I reinstalled (don’t know if this game really use this).

Played a few hours and all looks good.

@ayy nigger

Yeah I said it in an ancient post. Fullscreen crashes don't occur when forced vsync fail to work. But tearing is horrible in this game without forced vsync.

If I'm correct your trick no longer work when you go in save menu and return to the game, now the sync is back, so are the crashes.

Hey has anyone gotten the manami ending in ep 3 and had your game crash afterwards

if the restore patch just adds the scenes in it won't break your save. i tried mixing files from the original to get the scenes and my save was still good.

For those who are looking for a walkthrough I’ve found two. If you find one too confusing use the other you should be able to figure it out.

誠也の部屋【SHINY DAYS 攻略】

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.foolmaker.net/game/s/shinydays.html&prev=search

@Antoine

You're right actually, saving the game will revert things back and have the game crash normally.

So my workaround isn't really that great, I guess after saving you can just restart the game but it's still a hassle and having no vsync really hampers the experience for me too.

Not sure why some of us like you and me have awful screen tearing issues but others do not, at least in school days i was able to apply forced vsync but i got school days after its initial release date after its patches were already done so i dont know how it was at release.

I reluctantly used one of the walkthroughs (thankfully I know some Japanese because it was easier to follow than the mangled machine translation) to reach a Setsuna ending. Seems I didn’t have enough rabu rabu points; there are conversation options early on that unlock further conversations and I completely missed them first time around. I also used the walkthrough to get Hikari’s (HOT) and the twins’ (HOTTER) endings. Some of the requirements for Hikari’s were vague. Lord knows how to reach chapter 4, but I’d rather try to get there myself if possible.

Yeah, google seemed to do an awful job. Bing makes it passable. Of course someone could just follow it and edit as they go if the want.

This tipp about disabling the dpi scaling is pretty good. It doesn’t seem to have fixed crashes like the Vista compatibility mode and the random crashes are very rare.
So I now were able to properly save, the game could be considered well playable. :smiley:

"@ Raincoat I also had that problem but it fixed after getting rid of my save files I was able to get a Manami ending(which was falsely labeled as the twins ending) and the twins ending."

Can anyone else confirm this? If the system save is getting corrupted, that would be really bad. Skip read text is essential for a game like this.

Well, the problem with the x32 mode is, that you can’t use it, if you game crashed before you were able to save/quit… last time I had a really long crashless streak, the moment I tried to open the save menu, it crashed away… it really doesn’t like me to save. :frowning:

I found an alternative walkthrough that seems useful (Fatalflag Shiny Days JP walkthrough). This one is split by chapter. If you just need help getting onto one route branch, then this is your walkthrough. The SaintSeiya walkthrough seems nice, but since the text can't be copied to the clipboard I can't use Translation Aggregator with it.

@sanahtligWith manami ending my game crashed, it’s the system save. I made a copy of the system save file b4 attempting that ending again, go figure game crashes and I switch the corrupt file with the copy and the game worked just fine

@sanahtlig it looks like you are very well informed about this kind of game. Since Overflow stopped making games :( do you know more games like this one?

In English? School Days. That's basically it. In Japanese there's still Cross Days remaining, which JAST could possibly pick up. Other than that, there's only a handful of interactive movie-type VNs, most of which probably aren't very good.

Of those, the ones worth looking into include:

Sisters

Rondo Duo

LOVE√óEVOLUTION