Official Post about Shiny Days

@sanahtlig

Rondo Duo is gorgeous i purchase it really like the music and character design and that gym gang rape scene is pure gold

@Raf In my opinion Sisters ~Natsu no Saigo no Hi~ is really good, but no English version. I think the animation is way better than any overflow VN's.

None of the translated walkthrough work, and I've tried three Japanese ones on both Google Translate and translated from Bing (which works way better). Anyone working on a guide or know what's wrong with them. If you follow the path on http://www.fatalflag.sakura.ne.jp/complete/shinydays.html to get the Perfect Targeting Katsura Family ending, you the Kotonoha ending be Happy. Is the US release just a bit different in choices from the Japanese version or is it just impossible to get to episode 4? Anyone got advise.

The SaintSeiya walkthrough says that Overflow patched the game and that the walkthrough may not work with the latest patches. I assume JAST's version incorporates Overflow's latest patch (1.00d). It also mentions something about saves and "barabara" (corruption?). I can't really understand since I can't parse the text with Translation Aggregator. The page seems deliberately designed to prevent text from being lifted from the page.

![](upload://jq80gCpvwHPGT5DMtoSJa2U0NGd.png)

When I start the game and press the Skip button as the above scenario rolls through, it crashes with "SHINYDAYS has stopped working."

@sanahtlig well that sucks that the patch messes with the walkthroughs. I wonder if the possible future 100% restoration patch will correct this or not. Either way someone needs to find a way to find some of these endings...

Sorry for my bad english. Can I ask something? . Does they cut entire Kokoro route or just few specific H-scene? .Mean that I still can in romance with Kokoro, only sex is forbidden, right? I'm on 2nd playthrough (I'm end up with Inori on first playthrough ). Kokoro is pretty funny, opposite with her sister, she is my next target :)). There any english walkthrough?

I'm on windows 10 64bit and don't have any issue with the game. even in full screen mode. 10h play and only one crash.I don't know why so many people complain about technical problem.

It's just the scenes that are cut. But if you're gunning for Kokoro you'd best wait for the patch.

@nuke cola I don't think there really is a 'Kokoro ending'(?) you just happen to fuck her/force her to give you a blowjob. As far as I know just her h-scenes have been removed. I do happen to know where you can see the scenes with mosaics of course tho... the wiki has some ending descriptions in English thats about it

@Haerts

So there no way I can romance with her? that unfortunately @@

sorry for double cause this forum don't have edit fuction. Arcording to the wiki it have Koroko ending (not descriptions at the bottom) .So can I have happly ending with Koroko ??

? Kokoro Endings

1 Kokoro+Kotonoha Ending

1 Kokoro+Kotonoha+Manami Ending

Just tested it on my m1330, couldnt find my old XP drive so it'll be win 7 again. Running no problems (using inori route) for about 2 hours now.. installed to program files x86 folder this time and set to run as admin, no compatibility settings changed. Playing in FS widescreen (though the m1330 is 16:10 instead of 16:9 so there are bars at the top and bottom)

dxdiag below if people want to know specs.Still looking for a copy of vista i can use somewhere and a spare hdd for the netbook (which will probably turn into an xp machine)

As for routes, the first choice you make when you see otome will determine if its inori or not (if you say "want to go somewhere" or time out and then click"like i used to" it will do inori route, the other choices will be the "regular" game

@sonjust tried the skip, and it was fine for me.. i can use skip about 8 times before the game crashes on me.

![](upload://98qZIcRgt2Gg0l1cc4ESvjEIfJh.jpeg)

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 9/30/2015, 11:10:16

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150128-1513)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: XPS M1330

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A15

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM

Page File: 3681MB used, 4504MB available

Windows Dir: C:\\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 8400M GS

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\\PCI\\VEN_10DE&DEV_0427&SUBSYS_02091028&REV_A1

Display Memory: 1902 MB

Dedicated Memory: 111 MB

Shared Memory: 1791 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: unknown

Monitor Id: LCD2306

Native Mode: 1280 x 800(p) (59.991Hz)

Output Type: Internal

Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.5721 (English)

Driver Version: 8.17.12.5721

DDI Version: 10

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 6/8/2010 08:58:00, 12338280 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4767-11CF-C165-05221FC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0427

SubSys ID: 0x02091028

Revision ID: 0x00A1

@nuka cola i haven't played the original shiny days in japanese so im not sure u_u..anyway all her h scenes are here(?) in gif form nsfw of course.

@Tim

Are you forcing vsync in your graphic card control panel ?

If not try forcing it for your tests.

The game is more stable without vsync but has horrible tearing in fullscreen.

Windowed mode in a lowered desktop resolution is the way to go for now.

default settings, I dont have any tearing issues at all

restarted with vsync forced, no problems there either... makoto just said his name, and i'm gonna leave it running while i go warm up my lunch

edit: just came back to the opening scene has a touch of lag (prolly because heat problems and its a 10+ year old computer, i need to open it up and redo the thermal paste and the 8400 is kinda known for it's heat issues... ) but not any different looking compared to when i had it without vsync forced on.

no tearing on default setting is really odd, even for school days screen tearing was bad on default…

maybe it's on your setup? I tested and played both games on this computer (and started school days on the r17)

never changed the vsync settings but never had tearing problems either (even when playing on my TV)

though i had tearing in vlc sometimes watching movies, but thats a different issue..

I never had tearing in school days or shiny days with default settings. Out of curiosity, what are your monitor's specs and what's the refresh rate set in windows?

win7geforce 770 through Hdmi on a samsung TV, 1080p 60hz.(maybe it’s 720p@60hz for shiny days as the game can’t go higher if i’m correct).

I'm the same as Antoine with the screen tearing issue, I also use my pc through hdmi to a tv set.
Will check out right now if i get screen tearing on my laptops screen.

However I was able to force vsync on school days with no issues.