Official Post about Shiny Days

Still get screen tearing even if im not using hdmi.
We're both on windows 7 and using nvidia graphics cards it seems, although mine is in the gtx mobile series of cards.

Then the restoration patch will not be released on September 30, right?

rightstuff got the game out of stock

Been messing around with the game files by switching them with the jp version.

Switching SysMenuSD.dll will let you replay the jast censored kokoro scenes.
Also managed to get one kokoro scene(the full beach one) to play as presented in the jp version if I swapped out movie04.gpk from the pack folder.

Anyone know how to extract and repack .gpk files?

"Switching SysMenuSD.dll will let you replay the jast censored kokoro scenes."

Are the subtitles in English or Japanese? Are they mosaiced?

For the script error during uniform selection. I've had 2 reports of people reinstalling windows and it worked afterwards... not saying everyone should be reinstalling windows... but it seems like it's something to do with a windows component.

Note about XP users: the patches we applied to it make the game incompatible with XP (you can ignore the warning from the installer but after installation the game will not run.

Manami bug (the ending credit mislables this as the twins ending <- ill be re-checking the script after we get a few more bugs squashed) - if you get the manami ending, I would advise not saving for now, it seems that that ending sets a flag in the globalflag.dat which makes the game unplayable (until you delete the globalflag.dat which will also delete your saves. I may have a fix, but that depends on me finding my backup of the beta and seeing if that globalflag file can be used as a temp fix.

More on this tomorrow after I get my external hooked up to look through my backups.

" if you get the manami ending, I would advise not saving for now, it seems that that ending sets a flag in the globalflag.dat which makes the game unplayable (until you delete the globalflag.dat which will also delete your saves."

Save corruption is the worst kind of problem (worse IMO than not being able to play at all). Please make fixing that a priority, even if you just roll out a fix that fixes only that problem.

Oh I know, especially for this game where the stupid engine doesnt like people skipping (though i managed to skip around 10 scenes in a row on the m1330 without a crash...) I'm trying to see if i still have the 100% globalflag.dat somewher so that maybe it will work as a replacement to the broken ones while allowing the saves to work (i'm assuming the save dont work unless it's been tripped in globalflag, gonna have to find the file and test it for a quick fix.. hopefully the devs/others here might have some input on how to fix it properly.

hopefully i'll have an answer by end of tomorrow.

What catches my eyes about Tim's DxDiag is the ancient NVidia driver version (current version is around 10.18). But since current versions only support 400 series and above, obviously an old 8000 series GFX ship is not supported. I know a friend having issue with latest nvidia drivers and his TV viewer (DVB Viewer afaik.). I'll ask him later today which version he is using currently and trying to confirm if that can solve my last crashes (they are all Access Violations from d3d9.dll) with the dpi scaling disabled setting. I think I remember him talking something about March, that would be the 347.88 then (which would make sense, because it's prior 35x.xx then).

Someone is working on an English walkthrough here: http://www.otakulair.com/shiny-days-walkthrough-jast-usa/ There’s only a handful done so far, but they seem to be updating it daily.

I’ve managed to get a couple of endings following the seiya-saiga walkthrough too.

@Tim
about Manami ending bug.
What do you mean about not saving. do you mean I need to quit game or reload other save before credit scene( that show twins ending)? or not to play her route at all?

Very strange that the foolmakers and seiya seiya walktroughs are different for the same routes. I suspect foolmakers is for a previous version so don't use it.

There's likely more than one set of choices that can lead to the same ending...

Just messaged said friend, he remembers the version being from April, so it should be the 350.12 then. Gonna give that a shot this (European) evening.

@Haerts Wow, beautiful. Now I really need restoration patch ( ?° ?? ?°)

@sanahtlig Jast censored. As in black screens or just skipped forward. As presented in the jast version of the game. English as well.

The beach one is mosaics(hence jp version) but with english subs. This gives me reason to believe that the jast version of the game has the movies saved with those black screens but I’m not sure without being able to check the .gpk files.

Movie04.gpk contains all of the kokoro movies after switching them and getting the jp mosaic version. The one with her classmate is still jast edited.

Maybe the movies that "just fade to black" are an edited movie in Movie04.gpk, and the other scene is never called in the "scenario script" which I'd expect to be in Script.GPK. But the Script.GPK would expect to contain all translations... so unless you can hijack these GPK files and transfer partial content from 0verflow release to JastUSA release, I'd not put any hopes up in getting something "proper" done. Also there are still those birdies tweeting about a restoration to appear today. Not sure if you shall ever believe in those birdies... but there is a saying: No smoke without fire. :)

This is the first time I’m playing a game from this series and just wanted to know how the map works. Does the colors represent the girls or something else? I’m trying to get with the whole katsura family harem ending but have no idea how to and always end with just manami or just kotonoha. Can someone help me with understanding the route better please.

Any word on the patch? And is someone going to post something to let us know, or at least where to go to find out?