Official Post about Shiny Days

damn I’ll have to back and replay prob skipped it. For some reason when u change the uniform it treats all the scences as new even-though the text dialogue is the same.

Prob accidently skipped it thanks for the tip.

Im pretty much waiting for the patch now i want to have all the scenes before doing a review

Dev log updated with a roundup of some Shiny days problems and workarounds. I'll be updating that as I get more info/fixes. (follow.jastusa.com)

Got the game running in VmWare Win XP after installing .NET Framework 3.5 (and ignoring the warnings in the shiny installer.

A little late but for reference here's the dxdiag for my windows 8.1 ux32vd which ran the game fine in FS (strange that it only shows 1 video card (it also has a GT 620M using driver version 355.60)

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 10/2/2015, 12:17:25

† †Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r9.150322-1500)

† † † † † †Language: Japanese (Regional Setting: Japanese)

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

† † † †System Model: UX32VD

† † † † † † † †BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/29/13 10:21:18 Ver: 04.06.05

† † † † † Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.7GHz

† † † † † † †Memory: 10240MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 10062MB RAM

† † † † † Page File: 8022MB used, 2038MB available

† † † † Windows Dir: C:\\Windows

† † DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

† †User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

†System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)

† † DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

† † †DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

† † † † † Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

† † † †Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

† † † † † Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

† † † † † †DAC type: Internal

† † † † Device Type: Full Device

† † † † †Device Key: Enum\\PCI\\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_15071043&REV_09

† † †Display Memory: 1792 MB

† †Dedicated Memory: 96 MB

† † † Shared Memory: 1696 MB

† † † †Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

† † † †Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

† † † Monitor Model: unknown

† † † † †Monitor Id: CMN1343

† † † † Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.001Hz)

† † † † Output Type: Internal

† † † † Driver Name: igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32

Driver File Version: 10.18.0010.3308 (English)

† † †Driver Version: 10.18.10.3308

† † † † DDI Version: 11

† † †Feature Levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1

† † † †Driver Model: WDDM 1.3

Graphics Preemption: DMA

†Compute Preemption: Thread group

† † † † † †Miracast: Not Supported by WiFi driver

Hybrid Graphics GPU: Integrated

† † †Power P-states: Not Supported

† Driver Attributes: Final Retail

† †Driver Date/Size: 10/1/2013 17:50:26, 12100096 bytes

† † † † WHQL Logo'd: n/a

† † WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

† Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-4226-11CF-4B66-0A35B4C2C735}

† † † † † Vendor ID: 0x8086

† † † † † Device ID: 0x0166

† † † † † SubSys ID: 0x15071043

† † † † Revision ID: 0x0009

†Driver Strong Name: oem14.inf:5f63e5341859ec8c:iIVBM_w81:10.18.10.3308:pci\\ven_8086&dev_0166&subsys_15071043

† † †Rank Of Driver: 00DA0001

† † † † Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_C ModeVC1_C

† † † † DXVA2 Modes: DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_VLD DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_IDCT DXVA2_ModeWMV9_IDCT DXVA2_ModeVC1_IDCT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT

† † † †D3D9 Overlay: Supported

† † † † † † DXVA-HD: Supported

† † † †DDraw Status: Enabled

† † † † †D3D Status: Enabled

† † † † †AGP Status: Enabled

@Tim:
The section is called “Display Devices”, I’d assume you have no Display attached to the NV GT 620M.

@all:

Okay, the driver version from 350.12 is displayed as 10.18.14.4264, that makes it just a minor version newer than Tim’s Dell PC with 10.18.13.5362.

Also my game did last evening not crash a second day using x1 play mode. However I did manage to crash it once using the x32 mode, but Tim has warned us already that it’s instability is known.

Today I’ll start the confirmation phase and reinstall the current drivers (maybe the actual solution was to uninstall and reinstall them :D)

Though I think the game is good am I the only one that feels like most of the endings beside the true end leaves to many things unanswered. Like what happens after makoto cheats on youko or setsuna? Where’s the katsura siblings dad during all this and what will happen when he finds out? Kinda feels like only inori setsuna and surprisingly noan have the most definitive endings than the others that feel like well that’s it the end.

anybody else with the setsuna costume error? have any of you guys gotten past it?

@Tomas Isdahl

Yeah I have had the same problem since the game came out and unfortunately there is still no definite solution to fixing it :(

i cant save my game anyone has this problem?

@Bob Bobby

I think someone posted how to fix that bug a few pages back. But here:

Right-click the game icon

Choose Properties.

On the Compatibility tab, select the Run This Program As An Administrator option.

Click OK.

You should be able to save now.

Coincidentally (or maybe not coincidentally), the game hasn't shipped yet either.

This game has a long history of being always late and forever bugged,

Since the original japanese announcement of summer days, they even had to recall copies that were wrongfully uncensored.

It's a good game but a cursed one.

@akil austin I don’t think they put much thought into the non canon endings. If you took a look at the family tree though, that thing is a hot mess. Makoto’s dad has been messing around with like 5 generations in his family tree. All the milfs in shiny days are half sisters to makoto. Almost everyone his age are like his half nieces.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/school-days/images/3/37/FamiliesNamed.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140619155301

Did anyone get a shipment confirmation email?
Seems like they just quietly delayed the physical release another week or whatever, they probably thought no one would care since we're all busy with the digital release.

Seems to be true, no one seems to really care, personally i just care about getting the restoration patch and a bug fix patch before anything else, still can't even play this thing.

@ayy nigger Cirno mentioned it in the previous page.
https://twitter.com/Cirno_The_9/status/649550025475911680

Yeah I know, that's what I was referring to by another week.
They said they'd start today or tomorrow(today) but I haven't seen one post stating someone had theirs shipped.
I don't think they'll be shipping on the weekend either so it was pretty much delayed yet again technically if no ones had their copy shipped out.

Again, not a big deal, a week delay is the least of my concerns regarding shiny days right now, just pointing out that it's funny it got pretty much delayed again and at this point no one cares enough to bitch about it like the last couple of delays.

I brought it up because--according to rumor--the restoration patch won't be released until the game ships.

My item was shipped at least what my email confirmation says. 4 days ago

On the 28th the store page on J-List still listed "pre-order". Do you have tracking confirmation that it actually shipped? I checked my Littlewitch Romanesque J-List pre-order, and I was never actually notified that the game shipped. I assume all you got was the notification that your order was being processed along with your download code. That's what I got for Littlewitch Romanesque, and what I currently have for Shiny Days.

Yeah it has been officially announced that it is shipping out next week unfortunately. I also received an email that my order has been shipped but I guess that wasn't true. Here is the exact quote copy and pasted from the J-list newsletter today: In addition to the launch of the new J-List website, our big news is that Shiny Days, the awesome prequel/sequel to School Days, has been released for digital download. The game is a great one, a richly developed story telling what would have happened if all the School Days characters had met the summer before. There's still time to order the Limited Edition before the game starts shipping next week.

I have to say I am greatly disappointed by how this was handled. I have had this preorder in since May and am still waiting. This was my first and will absolutely be my last preorder placed for JAST localizations. I am interested in Sonicomi announced sometime this winter, but with the poor track record and practices JAST demonstrates, I don't know. I really hope they reconsider things and not make launch projections they can't keep or at least be near. Keep customers posted about the progress of all announced titles. I should have heard about this delay as soon as it was propelled. This unreliability and mistrust is hurting the English VN market. JAST possesses so much untapped potential and I hate seeing it underutilized! I'm saying this all because I care. With proper business tactics JAST can be "Unlimited Budget Works"!

There anyway to delete save file? I mean in- game interface, not delete save in game folder outside windows.