Official Post about Shiny Days

@nuka
I believe the standard practice in majority of games is that save files are removed on uninstall. This usually works since people play it until they are done, and uninstall the game. When installing next time they start over because they wanted to play the game again. For these purposes you may sometimes have to save your save file if you want to re-install and resume from some other state than empty.

@sanahtlig
Since it is an “unofficial” patch, I suspect they need to verify that it works with the bug fixes they are doing for the game. They’d really get hell if they released a game buggy, fixed the bugs, then released the desired patch, and you got bugs again. And of course, they probably want the physical discs to be pre-patched so not everyone who pays extra for limited edition is not getting a “limited playtime edition”.

In my opinion they are doing these things right so far. It is just that they could have had proper testers and not customers for this final stretch.

Is the patch for this game really exist? I don’t think there are much works to do to restore scene. I mean the game just skip the Kokoro’s h scene part. This should not require much work to add the scene back in the game except JAST doesn’t have the material( uncensored scene)to add back in.

Starless patch exist so I don’t want to doubt JAST but…

@hanabi I agree. I had a Steins;Gate pre-order way back when that got delayed for months. I was pissed but gave them another chance later with the Starless pre-order. I promptly cancelled it after the delays and haven’t bother picking it up at all. They get their last chance with Flowers this fall since I’m interested in that game. If they make the 2015 fall release as they’ve stated, I’m buying it and JAST is back in the green in my books. If not, I’m giving up on JAST and getting the games when they’re available through other means. It’s shitty, but fuck it. JAST has had their chances.

Wow, so becouse they didn't make a deadline you think your entitlend to get these games they spend alot of time (and that you obvius want to be translated) for free. Way to push away people that want to try to get into this busniess.

Agreed with Lars, B_Dun. I can understand if you’re frustrated by delays, but that doesn’t excuse the veiled “get them through other means (i.e. pirated)” comment.

We’re getting fully-translated titles with physical extras for about a third of the cost of what Japanese gamers paid for the same title, so how about cutting JAST some slack?

" they probably want the physical discs to be pre-patched so not everyone who pays extra for limited edition is not getting a "limited playtime edition"."

Not happening. Discs pressings require 2-4 weeks notice. Unless they're going to scrap 3k discs and likely thousands of dollars, the bugged release version is shipping. The J-List store DOES say the game is shipping now, although whether shipments have actually started is anyone's guess.

There's no telling what's going on with the restoration patch. It's possible they're delaying it to include bug fixes. But it's also possible that the files that need to be overwritten to fix bugs and to restore scenes are different to begin with, in which case the bug fixes and restored scenes could be addressed by separate patches. Addressing all of the current bugs is going to take quite a while, I think.

In any case, a patch was expected to appear between Wed and Sat. It's good to know that the patch is indeed in the works, but it's taking longer than expected. Given that it took 2.5 weeks to perfect an imperfect game installer (well, at least it doesn't crash like the original Japanese one...), I suppose something more complex could take considerably longer.

@nuka cola? what do you mean the in game interface? If you’re talking about the your route map/replay that’s the globalflag.dat in the save folder. Your saves are linked to that so your save would be gone too if you deleted it.

@astranabeat only two of the scenes are scripted to skip forward. 4 of them actually are censored with a completely black screen in the game while all the dialogue and voices are going on. Replacing the files movie04.gpk, voice04.gpk, and maybe voice01.gpk in the pack folder with the jp version will restore those scenes back with the mosaic version. You also need to replace SysMenuSD.dll to be able to select them in the replay menu. While it’s possible that the game can be scripted to overlay certain scenes with that black screen, my findings tells me those censored scenes are probably saved like that. If that is the case, it’s going to be a matter of replacing those files with the uncensored version and the script for the skipped parts.

@WolvenDevilClaw The biggest trigger is to get to the staff to think you’re looking for youko instead of setsuna when you’re asking the radish staff about setsuna. I’m not sure about the setsuna gauge because I have gotten thrown into the kotonoha festival route with that.

@crashes:
I have tried to confirm the NVidia driver version situation, but I am having a hard time doing that. Now back on 355.98 and have crashes here and there… but none of them have happened during the x1 play mode. Everything was either when opening the load/save menu or directly involved while skipping or using 32x mode, because I am done with the 2 main routes and now everything else is playing with the options and looking for different routes/endings. I guess I can’t give more solid information here until there is a fix to at least solve some crashes and the save stalling.

@shipping:
Well, I can’t tell you much since it takes a bit longer to ship to Europe and theoretically I should get a notification from customs to get it and pay the import tax. In case the friendly UPS guy will ring my bell I’ll be super happy. :smiley:

@Chise, get them to think you want youko? Maybe it wasn't all that good of a pic here's a better one, and no where could I find any conversation about youko. And I have almost all nodes filled except for an ending and well you can tell. Does the costume choice make any difference? I'm going to start back at the 1st node as you can see that's where I'm at when I took the pick, and I guess just keep trying.

![](upload://iZST7Dl7XWsJUsv2rFh1cQjDzMv.jpeg)

@WolvenDevilClaw Costume doesn’t matter. The main trigger dialogue happens when you’re at the radish entrance with itaru talking to noan and that other girl. First two choices are a classmate or aquaintance. It happens close to the branch.

Here's an example of the black screen censoring without showing anything explicit. Also just noticing that while the subs are going, the voice dialogue is removed from the jastusa version.

http://imgur.com/a/zbRpb

I actually think piracy is an important part of the digital eco-system.

The biggest customers eroge companies have, are teenagers. These aren’t even allowed to buy the games, due to fatally flawed society rules. But through torrents they can get these games and play anyway, making them into potential future customers as they are used to and like the genre when they become adults.

It also adds a lot of customer options. There is no return policy on eroge? Fear not, you can torrent it and play first, then buy it after you know you wouldn’t need to return it. Missing a demo? Download and test first, then buy it. Game too expensive? Download now, pay at a discount event.

But the most used method is of course feedback. If a company removes scenes from a great game, they won’t sell it, just get it torrented. This shows that the game infact is not the problem, but the company treatment is. If this information was not available, a company might just believe a bad selling game was a bad game to sell, without considering it could be their own fault. For the company this is actually great since they can work on ways to sell more copies in the future. Like “unofficial” patches.

You could say it is like spending money on advertisement, except you are not spending money you are lowering your income for advertisement. You also get less money, but gain customer feedbacks on if you are selling the right kind of games. Both are actually valuable.

@Chise, I can’t believe I’m have this much trouble they go on about setsunas secrets or something that happens in class, or itaru just interrupts and they believe her youko never appears does her approval need to be really high or really low?

@WolvenDevilClaw It’s also possible some of your previous choices can only trigger the response. I’m not sure though. It’s close to the beginning of the game anyway so shouldn’t be too hard to figure out. Here’s a picture though.

@Chise, wow your approvals really high, maybe that’s also my problem and I don’t know how to get it that high, LoL. I’ve played this beginning so much I can almost recite it by heart, trying to figure out if I need to take setsuna to the beach and get the bathing suit scene, or have itaru say setsuna is my wife, ugh still working at it, course I went fro 45% to 47% with all the different scenes I unlocked.

The registry thing worked for me! Here i modified the value from 1.00 to 1.0 so i finally got past choosing Setsuna's costume!, press the windows key, type run, then type regedit, then in the program look for HKEY_CURRENT_USER - find software click on it, and then find shiny days, go to the install map, click on it then find script, right click, modify 1.00 to 1.0 this fixed the issue for me. hope this Helps anyone else with this problem! BTW does anyone now if JAST has shipped the Limited edition yet? i haven't got any confirmation.

![](upload://ss7ROGPmqJ4yT5DaOSlV421W8is.png)

@Chise, I appreciate the help, sadly I still haven’t been able to get them to say anything about youko and I’m now up to 48% from the 45% when earlier today. Ugh, I just don’t understand. If anyone can tell me exactly what I have to do and where to unlock that part of the conversation I’d greatly appreciate it. I’ve been crashing so much too, it’s been very frustrating.

@WolvenDevilClaw The exact choices at that portion are

1. Acquaintance
2. silence
3. silence
4. youko.

If you're not getting those choices, go back and change your previous choices.

@ Chise, I get the choice Itaru

@WolvenDevilClaw Itaru is the second choice at that portion so you’re missing a trigger or your gauge isn’t right.

Go for the swimsuit scene while raising setsuna’s approval as high as you can. Joke with the others that she’s your girlfriend.