Official Post about Starless: Nymphomaniacs' Paradise

I must say the uncensored art work is really spectacular. I still need time to give it a proper read through, after restoring my testicles juice.

Micheal Otten, good job on the translation, thank you good sir! I hope you enjoyed the project!

P-chan too for the editing. I did play it without the patch, but it's so much better with it!

Another minor mistake I noticed is on the credits.

It lists: Scenario ei Shoujo

All the MG beta testing makes me notices these things like a sore thumb now. lol

I got my code pretty quick it was e-mailed to me around seven-eight hours ago.

I ordered a second hard copy from a third party seller to back-up the sales.

Would you keep us up to date with how well Starless is doing and if your interested in future Empress titles?

If I didn't have an efficient automated ordering system, I'd deal with the preorder issue as follows:

Start charging the orders 2-3 days in advance, and either send download codes in advance (which wouldn't be redeemable until the game goes live), or queue up download code e-mails to be sent as soon as the game goes live. I'm sort of curious what the barrier to doing this in the first place was. Does the JAST USA system not allow download codes to be sent out (even to J-List) until the game goes live?

Got the game and the patch thanks im very please

I'm kind of sad, I think my download speeds must be shit because I started downloading the game from JAST around 6am and it's 11am now :( I wanna play already.. (currently at 1.1GB / 2.7GB)

@D_Shiki They need to get the system up to a speed which beats out the competition of the pirating vs paying customer. If they have a release coming up they should be able to automate the system for any pre-orders ready for once the game goes live. Though this is what probably caused the delay with LWR digital being delayed with the physical. Since they wanted to avoid pirates ripping the digital games before the sales went through. I think having the redeem codes sent early would be a good idea.

They could also set the release dates a few days after the physical print copies are sent, just tell the people they aren't sent until the 25th when you will likely have them ready on the 23rd.

@Haerts Hopefully you can enjoy it soon.

So if this a first time playing, I do wonder what people will think, if they played it with or without the fan patch, and so forth?

Got the game downloaded, installed and patched. Started playing it and I'm already liking it lots.

Everything is in the past and I love JAST again.

"They could also set the release dates a few days after the physical print copies are sent, just tell the people they aren't sent until the 25th when you will likely have them ready on the 23rd."

I know Amazon and some other retailers do this, but I think with no DRM that's a bit problematic. Some customers might receive their games early, which introduces the potential for pirated versions to be uploaded before the official downloads go live. I think the compromise J-List has negotiated with download codes in addition to the box version is sufficient (and in some ways preferable)--now they just need to actually send those codes out without a 1-3 day delay.

No DRM digital is problematic too! The pirated game was out ASAP after the JAST release but the physical more expensive hard copies with a digital counter part was delayed for J-list buyers.

If they can ship the games on J-list and get the digital release from J-list in sync with JAST this wouldn't be a problem. Physical copies go out the evening before so they can process the transaction, (if that is the problem on J-list side holding up the digital) and send codes in advance ready for the release the next morning, so they are all synced with digital JAST buyers.

@Murderous Int

I have the same zoomed view on Mikako scene. Is there going to be a fix?

It's great to see Starless translated and uncensored. Thanks JAST!

So since I ordered today I basically shouldnt expect my code to be in till tomorrow?

Actually next CG scene is zoomed in as well.

Agreed about the uncensored of this game. Really fucking awesome and crisp. 10x better than the original censored Japanese version for sure.

By the way, the guy who made the translation, is he a native English speaker or he speaks little English but fluent in Japanese? I found multiple grammatical mistakes and some spelling errors earlier in the game. It seems like some words were auto-corrected through spellcheckers and never bothered to read them back to see if they make any sense. For example, take a look at these two pictures and notice the mistake. They are just minor issue though. I understand Japanese at the fluency level, so some translation aren’t exactly matching to the words that are spoken. I wonder if they were translated to meet the standard of the people who speak English, even if they were altered a little bit here and there.

Also, why are the dirty words, like dicks and pussies, are still censored? Couldn’t you get these audios uncensored, as well? Anyway, overall I have a great admiration for this release. Kudos for job well done! I couldn’t be happier to pay for the Limited Edition of this epic fucking game. Can’t wait to read what Sei says in interview. Thanks for localizing it and finally releasing it. I hope you guys get paid well, so that you can bring more Empress games in the future.

Oh, the examples are shown below with blue circles in them…

It's unrealistic to think they could uncensor the japanese audio.

@dogma Yeah, I completely agree with the consensus here regarding the uncensored artwork. It’s truly a pleasure finally seeing it as it was intended and boy is it wonderful. I also noticed the grammatical mistakes and I’ve only just started. Like you said, though, it’s not really an issue. I was surprised that the audio was censored, but that’s only because I’ve never played the game, so it was new to me. As for your comments regarding the translation, it was really expected. The game was localized for the English market, afterall, so a few things were understandably changed and or expanded on. That said, you guys did a great job! I’m eagerly anticipating my Limited Edition!

Looks like fullscreen is broken on systems with multiple screens. It’s only possible to have fullscreen on the main screen, if you try going fullscreen on any other screens, the game will just jump on the main screen instead. Very annoying for those who use multiple screens and want to play on a screen that isn’t their main screen.

Are there any ways to fix this on my own or do I have to wait for a patch (if one is ever released)?

How do I get the patch?? I have no idea how to use torrents.

"How do I get the patch?? I have no idea how to use torrents."

I don’t have the game yet (waiting for Rightstuf) but I was wondering if there was a link for a direct download anywhere.

@Andrew Vasquez-Hurd
@HyugaX
Here’s a direct download of it:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/srGJZ3DPba/starless_eng_full_patchexe.html

@tom-ahawk thanks a bunch!

Thanks!