Official Post about Starless: Nymphomaniacs' Paradise

Thanks Nicholas, looks good. I had to start a new game for the zoomed out CGs to appear, but that isn't a problem for me since I hadn't gotten very far into the game.

Thanks!

So..... Does the patch create conflicts with the uncut version, like crashes or reverting it to the original state, or can be safely applied?

I tried to install uncut 1.2 patch from nyaa over the uncut 1.0 version but it said that I already have v1.2. I uninstalled and installed the game again. Then I tried to use 1.2. cut patch but again it said I already have v1.2. Then I tried the 1.2 uncut patch over the clean install and it worked. Zoom is fixed and game is uncensored. Everything seems to be working fine.

Reason why I tried to use the cut 1.2 patch first after installation was that the 1.2 uncut patch said it is going to patch the game from 1.2 to 1.2u. From 1.0 to 1.2u seems to work so I guess it didn't matter.

Thanks for the first fix, the work is appreciated. \\o/

Now that typo fixing thing you promised me about.......

@ Nicholas Graham

"Here's the patch that fixes most of the display issues with the game."

Thanks for this patch; one step closer to the final version. Now when you say that it fixes "most" of the display issues which ones doesn't it fixed? Looking at Tim's previous statements it appears that the sprite placement was still a work in progress with the 1.1 patch; did the v1.2 fix it?

Also have you considered bringing in some fans for the final testing of the script patch (once you and/or Tim & Peter have finished making fixes to the script)? From what I've seen both Murderous Int and Silanda seem to be up to the task.

Well its a start! I mean, I guess with this I can start the game and maybe turn off my brain for text errors?

So, did I couple of experiments with the available patches.

Here’s the feedback given by the patcher when trying to update the base game of a certain version with a certain patch:

v1.0 → v1.0u "This program will patch Starless Nymphomaniacs’ Paradise on your system from version 1.0 to version 1.0u."
v1.0 → v1.2 "You already have the most recent version (1.2) of Starless installed on your system."
v1.0 → v1.2u "This program will patch Starless on your system from version 1.2 to version 1.2u."

v1.0u → v1.0u "You already have the most recent version (1.0u) of Starless Nymphomaniacs’ Paradise installed on your system."
v1.0u → v1.2 "This program will patch Starless on your system from version 1.0u to version 1.2."
v1.0u → v1.2u "You already have the most recent version (1.2u) of Starless Nymphomaniacs’ Paradise installed on your system."

v1.2 → v1.0u "This program will patch Starless Nymphomaniacs’ Paradise on your system from version 1.0 to version 1.0u."
v1.2 → v1.2 "You already have the most recent version (1.2) of Starless installed on your system."
v1.2 → v1.2u "This program will patch Starless on your system from version 1.2 to version 1.2u."

v1.2u → v1.0u "You already have the most recent version (1.0u) of Starless Nymphomaniacs’ Paradise installed on your system."
v1.2u → v1.2 "This program will patch Starless on your system from version 1.0u to version 1.2."
v1.2u → v1.2u "You already have the most recent version (1.2u) of Starless Nymphomaniacs’ Paradise installed on your system."

In the end, going “v1.0 → v1.0u → 1.2 → 1.2u” gives the same final state (with files that are bit-identical) as going directly “v1.0 → v1.2u”, so both seem a valid way to update. The working of the v1.2u patcher’s info could be better, though:
Instead “This program will patch Starless on your system from version 1.2 to version 1.2u.” it should rather state "This program will patch Starless on your system from version 1.0/1.2 to version 1.2u."

Interesting fact: updating (v1.0 → v1.2) without detour (v1.0 → v1.0u → v1.2) seems impossible, so anybody wanting to play the censored v1.2 version needs to get hold of the v1.1u uncensor patch first…

Nicholas Graham said: "Here's the patch that fixes most of the display issues with the game. Sorry about the delay."

@Nicholas Graham

Hey thank you very very much for the patch, I really appreciate the hard work you guys put into it, so because of this I finally opened my Limited Edition copy, installed it and applied the 1.2u patch.

So I was wondering something, would you guys like me to mention any typos/mistakes I come across?

So far I am at the part where Sawatari is talking to the taxi driver and I noticed 4 mistakes so far:

1. There is a superfluous "of" at the very beginning of the game.

2. The word "joke" is written instead of "job", also at the very beginning of the game.

3. At the place where I am now, where the taxi driver say to Sawatari "People started called them demons..." it should be "calling" not "called".

4. Also at the place where I am now, after the last mentioned mistake, the taxi driver says "And you just happen to on your way to meet the head of that very family." A "be" is missing between "to" and "on".

Screenshots of mistakes 3 and 4:

Mistake 3:

Mistake 4:

So if you guys are interested in this and have plans for another patch to fix the remaining mistakes, I can keep letting you guys know about any mistakes I notice, if you guys want?

where do I get the 1.2u patch that isn't a torrent?

DeathProof89 said: "where do I get the 1.2u patch that isn't a torrent?"

You can't, its only available on torrent.

Nier said: "You can't, its only available on torrent"

dam oh well can you give me to link to it plz?

DeathProof89: "dam oh well can you give me to link to it plz?"

Nope can’t do, I can’t put a link to this on this forum. You will have to google it, that’s how I did it. But you should know that the nyaa torrent was taken down mere hours after it was uploaded, but there is still another place that you can use to download it, thats what I did, but you will have to find it on your own.

Nier: Nope can't do, I can't put a link to this on this forum. You will have to google it, that's how I did it. But you should know that the nyaa torrent was taken down mere hours after it was uploaded, but there is still another place that you can use to download it, thats what I did, but you will have to find it on your own.

Just looked cant find it.

1.2u patch is still available on fap side of nyaa.

DeathProof89: "Just looked cant find it."

Google sukebei.

Nier Google sukebei

AH! found it thanks a bunch! im horrible at finding torrents lol

@ Tim & Nicholas:

Will the upcoming script patch also include the graphical fixes from v1.2 or will it only contain the script fixes themselves?

So is there a rough estimate when the text patch will be done? I still haven’t gotten past the first hour because the frequent mistakes really bother me.

For anyone that has played the game with the recent patch: Were all of the graphical glitches fixed in it? Not just the zooming and censor issue, but the misplaced character sprites as well?