Pokemon... only 50% done...

I hope they make some other regions available after you’ve finished with the starting region. I loved how Gold/Silver did that - really felt like it extended the scope of the game. When I played Platinum recently I expected it to do the same which is why it was a little disappointing when the game basically ended there. I know Diamond/Pearl make a lot more sidequests and stuff available than Gold/Silver did but I’d like to re-explore the older areas - it’d make the game feel longer, at least.

Serebii reports (or rather saw clips from a Japanese show), that featured 3 on 3 battles.

Also moar “scraping the bottom of the barrel” designs were shown. :expressionless:

I don’t know… maybe it’s just me, but most of these new designs are really fugly compared to past generations.

You see, it’s a Darker and Grittier Pokemon. Everything needs to be Darker and Grittier!

I suppose… but do they have to make them look like Digimon? :frowning:

I remember reading in an interview years ago (we’re talking back before Ruby/Sapphire), that Sugimori sketched around 400 Pokemon design total… and of course when the roster was maxed at 250 Pokemon, everyone wanted to know what those other 150 designs looked like: that’s what Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald revealed. I then remember reading a Nintendo Power issue about Pearl and Diamond, when Sugimori revealed that others were involved with creating new Pokemon: this was a shock, because up until that point, he was the idea man for new creatures. Thus the original 400 designs ran out. This makes obvious sense in hindsight: for example there are male and female Gardevior, yet in D&P we got Gallade. Obviously this was a new idea, or else Gardevoir would have been an all female Pokemon species. Gallade was a new species that Sugimori did not create without external input.

But yea… I agree with you, that Sugimori and the gang are going darker now… but it’s just so different from what it was before. It’s like the jump from Megaman to Megaman X and Megaman Zero… but I’m no so keen on the change though.

Either that, or Pokemon America puts something in the water that Pokemon Japan does not. :stuck_out_tongue:

The commercial teaser those screen captures came from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh7h1BoE700

I’ll concede that the Pokemon look better in motion, than they do in static screenshots.

The Egyptian coffin looked kinda dumb to me in the pic, but in the video, how it seals itself when taking an attack looks kinda cool.

Meh… I’m already sold on preordering this sucker… I’m just hoping the new art direction doesn’t get too radical on me.

It’s a wonder how people breed in the Pokemon Universe. :wink:

here they are http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml
one of them is a flying eye pokemon that is flying,pys
another is a squirrel/varment pokemon
the next a taiper
then is a new eagle pokemon
a bunch of other new info is revealed as well like new characters
and areas that are version specific

Name translates into “War Eagle” and it’s called the “Valor Pokemon”… I guess that’s the American Bald Eagle. :lol:

Moar MILF’s. I approve. :o

I expect the number of hentai Pokemon doujin, to exponentially multiply once this game hits the streets. :stuck_out_tongue:

more new pokemon
Amplification PokÈmon, Celestial Body PokÈmon and Tusk PokÈmon
how triple battles works and more new info
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

That new loligoth pokemon is still no match for Gardevoir. :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s been lots of new features and Pokemon revealed… but the thing that’s been getting my attention the most, is the greater inclusion of African heritage characters. Of course that makes sense - this generation now takes place in Pokemon version of America (which according to the last census, comprise 15% of the population) - but the thing that I’m focusing on, is how much it reveals that the “multicolors” of anime hair, doesn’t fit dark skinned characters as much as the character designers seem to think.

Seriously. Green hair? Ugh…

[attachment=1]aroe.jpg[/attachment]

Personally I think purple, silver, white, darker shades of blue, and certain shades of pink work best. Someone at GameFreak seems to understand.

[attachment=0]bestwishes.jpg[/attachment]

“I am a Pokemon Trainer… and this is my weapon. She weighs one hundred fifty kilograms and fires two hundred PokÈdollar, custom-tooled PokÈballs at ten thousand balls per minute. It costs four hundred thousand PokÈdollars to fire this weapon… for twelve seconds.”

Ah… if only that really happened. Catching Legendaries without Masterballs wouldn’t be so much of a pain. :o

On actual &W news, there’s going to be season changes: as in Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. Pokemon and certain powers will be stronger or weaker depending on the seasons.

Six minute demo commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqcVf4Da23Q

@5:18 there’s an American Football Trainer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Leaks from 2chan.

Tsutarja gets the most badass starter evolution award and Mijumaru actually turns out to not be a total loser in the end. :stuck_out_tongue:

The game is out this weekend in Japan.

Last official report said 1.5 million preorders, which actually puts it under the 2 million preorder of DQ9. DQ9 sold about 4 million copies total in Japan (over half that in the first two days), making it the best selling DS game over there. Expectations are that Pokemon B&W will match or exceed that.

Clock starts ticking on Saturday. :o

Famitsu gives the game a 40 outta 40: the first Pokemon title with a perfect score.

I wish there was something like Famitsu that wasn’t bought :frowning:
Still, sounds pretty great. Not sure if I can summon the motivation to play an RPG of this sort again, but if I do and manage to get my hands on a DS I’ll definitely think about importing a copy in.

PS2 Cross Channel 26/40. Pokemon 40/40. Yeah… :roll: if only Famitsu reviewed eroges too, I imagine we’d see quite a few 15/40s or worse from them.

As for the new Pokemon itself, I won’t be getting it. I finished Red/Blue, but gave up around halfway through Gold/Silver, as the games just felt terribly empty, and didn’t utilise the setting nearly as well as they could have.

Well, yes, that’s another concern I had, but I figured since the series was still going strong they’ve probably been considerably filled in since then. But that’s another question: if I don’t have the time to finish all my eroge, how on earth would I have the time to play something this repetitive? I’d probably never get around to it >_>

Serebii has compiled a mother boat load of leaks, spoilers, leaks, spoilers, leaks, spoilers, etc.

Turns out that the game shipped out early by accident, so gamers have it in Japan.

All the new Pokemon?

Some are perfect IMHO… others are God awful garbage. Or maybe they look better when moving? :expressionless:

Got my copy. :slight_smile:

As one might expect, this game improves the audio and graphical presentation quality by several notches. The moving Pokemon sprites, makes the designs look better than they do in static pictures. Every time I run into a new Pokemon, I’ve spent a lot of time just watching them perform their various idle animations routines for the novelty of it all. That being said though, I’m only three hours into the game, and the “ugly-mon” seem to be grouped at the later stages.

On the music side: when you’re losing a battle, the music changes to reflect that. Cool touch.

This title clearly takes place in the US - not China (as one potential map proposal put it) - because of the overt American symbolism. Cowboy and Indian trainers for one thing. There’s also the unmistakable - yet painfully cliche - American patriotism in people’s dialog. There’s also American cliched slang… one random trainer says “yo bro” during his intro. :roll: