Post your Bishoujo review website links

Good lord! Are you a English major Bookmeow? I am almost afraid to write reviews for you ;P.

quote:
Originally posted by Bigdog:
Good lord! Are you a English major Bookmeow? I am almost afraid to write reviews for you ;P.

No way am I an English major, but I have a great passion for studying languages, yet have mastered none because my parents moved from country to country, so the least I can do is constantly practice writing and using them, lest I forget them.

I updated the links with descriptions for Jmate, Peach Princess and Jast USA. I am still inviting discussion on whether to list retailers, because I don’t want to play favorites (Read: Not inclined to list AnimeNation because of their shady reputation in the past. They might have put it behind them now) so I will have to be impartial. But at the same time, I have to contact each retailer to check and see if the inventory shown on their website actually accurately reflects their real inventory status. What are your thoughts? please discuss.

quote:
That reminds of a question long ago. Are people still have issues with Animenation? Or is that old news. Been "out off the loop" of late.

quote:
I am still inviting discussion on whether to list retailers, because I don't want to play favorites (Read: Not inclined to list AnimeNation because of their shady reputation in the past. They might have put it behind them now) so I will have to be impartial.

Last I knew, Animenation moved the image-piracy/paysite into seperate website from the store. They are still owned and run by the very same people though. if you lookup DNS Registration on each its the same owner. also i once sent an email to hflood (the piracy end) and got a reply from the animenation store end

so they really havent changed, they just try to hide the ugly side.
hypocritical

well, anyhow... its off topic, and frustrating too, someone make a new thread if they want to mess with it. i kinda gave up on the issue

[This message has been edited by exoarchaeologist (edited 05-03-2003).]

hey bokmeow,

where is this website you’re working on anyway?
i dont see a link for it in your profile

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:

By the way, Animetric.com's webmaster had been sighted playing the role of Dr. Frank-N-Furter in an off-Broadway musical production, and the webmistress of English Bishoujo World is hot!

WHAT??? Where did that come from? I've never been in a musical production...

Just for the record I am female. :-P

Hey Lady Pheonix,

What about Himeya Soft’s website? Some of the translated and non-translated bishoujo games they sell have reader-reviews underneath them. And, as far as I know, Himeya Soft still has it’s Japanese office.

quote:
Originally posted by exoarchaeologist:
hey bokmeow,

where is this website you're working on anyway?
i dont see a link for it in your profile

I didn't stick it in my profile because I forgot I could do so. It's the first one on the links for reviews, Sekai no Josei no Tame ni!. I'll stick this link in my profile now.

And thanks for the heads up on AnimeNation. I will decide not to list them at all then. It's much better if I can show people where to purchase the games, otherwise people are going to go around asking 'Where can I find these' only to receive asnwers like 'you can download it here.' So, taking online retailer lists that sell Bishoujo games. Please limit it to the ones that sell English ones, or sell both. The list I have so far off the top of my head are:

animecornerstore.com
shop.himeya.com
peachprincess.com
jastusa.com
jlist.com
rightstuf.com
planetanime.com
animepalace.com

[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 05-04-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by rowena:
WHAT??? Where did that come from? I've never been in a musical production...

Just for the record I am female. :-P

But you haven't given me a description of your website... yet. The description stays until you can supply it.

Or otherwise prove that you are female ^_^

www.hobibox.com is another one, could be considered a news site. Although they have not updated in awhile…

Hey bokmeow, you’re just joking about rowena’s identity, right? Ro Recommends has been my buying guide for anime since I discovered the artform. I’ll bet she has written more bishoujo game reviews than anyone else on the net. And her animetrics avatar leaves no doubt about the gender of the anime goddess.

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 05-04-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
Hey bokmeow, you're just joking about rowena's identity, right? Ro Recommends has been my buying guide for anime since I discovered the artform. I'll bet she has written more bishoujo game reviews than anyone else on the net. And her animetrics avatar leaves no doubt about the gender of the anime goddess. [img]http://www.thunderbirdnest.com/~centennial/rowena.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 05-04-2003).]

Yes, I am joking, that way it's more fun. When Ro supplies her description I'll replace it. In the meantime it'll stay.

Oh by the bye, all Bishoujo site webmasters are welcome to use the links I posted. It's meant to be a shared resource, I lay no claim of ownerships of what I posted.

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Yes, I am joking, that way it's more fun. When Ro supplies her description I'll replace it. In the meantime it'll stay.

Do I e-mail you my description? Is it a description of myself or my site? Where is this going to be posted by the way, I checked your site and I didn't see the description there... :-P

quote:
Originally posted by Bigdog:

Don't worry!
I already started reworking my reviews with bokmeow-san's kind help. He really helps me to express my thoughts precisely beyond my own capability of using the english language.

I think, you and your reviews can only benefit from his suggestions. He can't force you to take them into your reviews anyway and if his suggestions stray too far from your own opinion, you may come up with rephrasing his suggestion your own way.

In order to get an idea where the reworks are headed, I suggest you visit his website and read one or two of his reviews. In my opinion they are that good, I am almost growing envious.

* bows gratefully in bokmeow-san's direction *

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 05-05-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by rowena:
Do I e-mail you my description? Is it a description of myself or my site? Where is this going to be posted by the way, I checked your site and I didn't see the description there... :-P

Post them here or email them to me at [url=yeouhsu@princeton.edu]yeouhsu@princeton.edu[/url]

I only stuck the funny little bit about Rocky Horror here. I intended these links to be a comprehensive resource for all webmasters to use, so anyone is free to adopt them, put it on their website, give it food and shelter, watch them mature and hit puberty, as well as chaperone them on their first date.

Review for Desire is up.

Guest review from Unicorn for Kango Shicyauzo is also up.

[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 05-08-2003).]

Whew, also finished review for Viper V16. Finally finished my backlog of Hobibox Europe reviews. Now to move on to the others ^_^;

New review for Fatal Relations. I’m slowly, but surely doing reviews for the games I haven’t reviewed before.

Enjoy ^^

Oh, and webmasters and webmistresses, descriptions for your websites please ^^

Hmmm, how come not more webmasters come forth to provide descriptions. I didn’t really want to resort to spam mail, because that’s what my email will be, spam. In fact, here’s a royal spamburger:

The spam doesn’t look cooked enough, we tend to fry our spam quite a bit before slapping it in a sandwich.