Post your Bishoujo review website links

I have two more Air dolls left, those who want them speak up.

raises hand

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
I have two more Air dolls left, those who want them speak up.

Sure, I'll bite.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Sure, I'll bite.

Talk to me, nandemonai. You can email me at the address you used before.

Incidentally, are you going to write me a review? Ideally those who want the airdolls should also write me at least one review.

[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 08-27-2003).]

quote:
Talk to me, nandemonai. You can email me at the address you used before.

Incidentally, are you going to write me a review? Ideally those who want the airdolls should also write me at least one review.

[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 08-27-2003).]

That will have to wait until tomorrow at the earliest. I have had it up to here today and I'm not messing around with importing/exporting my mail files. (Long day at work, traffic was brutal, and then I had to make an extra trip to the mall to pick up Disgaea. Ick.)

As for writing a review...when I beat Gloria, we'll see. Err, let me rephrase that. When I have seen a lot of the endings in Gloria.

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 08-27-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
As for writing a review...when I beat Gloria, we'll see. Err, let me rephrase that. When I have seen a lot of the endings in Gloria.

Even that might take awhile. Man there was a lot of endings there...

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Even that might take awhile. Man there was a lot of endings there...

The game wasn't so much about getting separate endings as making it to the different possible stories behind the Gloria Estate. The variations were in the girls you could get jiggy with. I think I'm still missing one big part of the mystery, but there were just way too many non-unique endings.

By the way, Another review from Ecchifan, this is for G-Collection's Sensei 2, enjoy!

What do you think about liking to websites where fanmade bishoujo-games are available, like:

Laxius Power
or
Tales of Lemma
?

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
What do you think about liking to websites where fanmade bishoujo-games are available, like:

Laxius Power
or
Tales of Lemma
?

Laxius Power is a Bishoujo game? I haven't played it yet, I'll link to Tales of Lemma on my next update though.

I figured out the deal with choices that seem to have no impact on achievable endings. Xchange 2 has fewer girls so there is more freedom with what you are allowed to do, so it frees me up to explore the different wacky adventures. I was able to get the best ending without following the recommended path. Poor Male Takuya doesn't get a whole lot of time though, only in the very beginning and the very end, maybe that's why a total amateur was allowed to do the voice acting... Male Takuya's voices all seemed a little weak.

Oh, I rarely have complaints about I'VE, but the singer for the opening and closing is probably the most inexperienced singer I've ever heard. She can't hit the high notes, I think she goes out of tune, and goshdarnit, I miss the spirit of Tokimeki Check-In! opening and closing themes. Those seemed so warm and personal compared to Xchange 2's.

[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 09-02-2003).]

quote:
Laxius Power is a Bishoujo game?

Errrrm. Tough question...
It's a RPG with manga-style CGs. The characters that join your party are not all female though and I don't know (or rather, I doubt it very much) if there are different endings for each of the girls.
Mostly, that game's story focusses on a dark conspiracy and the male main character going to a certain tournament to become a real hero...
So, perhaps I should at least play through it once before I suggest it this way...

Gomennasaigomennasaigomennasaigomennasai... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

quote:
Oh, I rarely have complaints about I'VE, but the singer for the opening and closing is probably the most inexperienced singer I've ever heard. She can't hit the high notes, I think she goes out of tune, and goshdarnit, I miss the spirit of Tokimeki Check-In! opening and closing themes. Those seemed so warm and personal compared to Xchange 2's.

Hmm, odd. I thought it was just because I'm musically indescriminate and my speakers suck. Okay, I don't feel so bad about the themes now...

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
Two other themes I like are CRC and Tottemo Petromone.

How about the music from Snow Drop?
Ever Stay Snow is among my all-time top-ten...

Yep, Ever Stay Snow is an excellent song. Evocative yet upbeat.

I find the Casual Romance Club title track rather cheesy (it’s the Engrish sung by Japanese seiyuu that does it), but I still like it a lot

One song I find utterly moving and evocative, possibly my favourite b-game music at the moment, is Mizuiro’s title track of the same name. Having played “Mizuiro Chocolate” before the main game, to then hear the vocal version of the familiar background music, in such a sweep-you-up-and-carry-you-away song… it’s powerful.

quote:
Originally posted by chronoluminaire:
One song I find utterly moving and evocative, possibly my favourite b-game music at the moment, is Mizuiro's title track of the same name. Having played "Mizuiro Chocolate" before the main game, to then hear the vocal version of the familiar background music, in such a sweep-you-up-and-carry-you-away song... it's powerful.
Playing to Mizuiro, eh? Which version? Who's your fav. character? You should post about your experience in the renai ML, as many of the regulars there played to it (ages ago, but... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img])
And, yes, the song is beautiful... I think the "Gin'iro" song is best, though...
BTW, you played to the fandisk before the main game?!?! Gosh, plenty spoilers in there... ^^;;;;;
quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
I think the "Gin'iro" song is best, though...

I wanted to throw that one into the discussion too, but I missed my chance to order Mizuiro when it was rereleased, so I couldn't come up with this comparison.

quote:
I wanted to throw that one into the discussion too, but I missed my chance to order Mizuiro when it was rereleased, so I couldn't come up with this comparison.
I think you can still find the console version of "Mizuiro"... The PC version OTOH... o_O'
I wonder if "Aka" is OOP as well... ^_-
quote:
How about the music from Snow Drop?
Ever Stay Snow is among my all-time top-ten...

Hmm, I've never really compiled a top ten list of theme songs. Don't know if I really could. I mean, there are a few theme songs I liked from games I've never even played! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
Playing to Mizuiro, eh? Which version? Who's your fav. character? You should post about your experience in the renai ML, as many of the regulars there played to it (ages ago, but... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img])
And, yes, the song is beautiful... I think the "Gin'iro" song is best, though...
BTW, you played to the fandisk before the main game?!?! Gosh, plenty spoilers in there... ^^;;;;;

Unfortunately I still can't read Japanese, so I played the (PC) fansub from www.ayashii.com . The "Mizuiro Chocolate" short story was downloaded separately from ayashii.com too - I've not seen the rest of the fandisk.

Also unfortunately, due to lack of translators the Ayashii fansub has only translated one scenario, Hiromi's. It's a very romantic and sweetly told story, and the game works as a near-choiceless visual novel, but I'd really like to be able to enter other girls' scenarios.

Hiromi was actually my favourite of the characters I've seen so far (which is unusual that I don't prefer Yuki - usually the little sister characters are among my favourites). Shindo strikes me as very cool too, but the translated section doesn't give her much screen time. And I don't remember even meeting "Asami".

Learning Kanji is making progress, slowly, but it'll be a while before I can play anything in Japanese and get much from it, I suspect...

quote:
Also unfortunately, due to lack of translators the Ayashii fansub has only translated one scenario, Hiromi's.
Hiyori, Hiyori, Hayasaka Hiyori, not "Hiromi"... ^^;;;;;;

As for me, my fav. was Shindou, because I found her story most romantic. #^_^#

[This message has been edited by olf_le_fol (edited 09-08-2003).]

Geh!
You’re right! Hiyori! Oh dear, please excuse me…
I guess it’s Hiyori I’d most have to ask for forgiveness, of course

It’s cool to hear that Shindou’s story is romantic, though. I love her voice - quick, crisp, sassy, not-taking-anything-from-anyone sounding But it’ll be a while before I can hear and understand the romantic story myself