Princess Waltz: THE THREAD

Regarding your “path spoiler”:No, you don’t need to complete the other princesses paths before Shizuka. It’s a simple matter of you choosing to use the same princess for all three choices, or choosing different ones each time. Choosing the same princess repeatedly means you get the path of that princess. Choosing different ones chooses Shizuka. I don’t know what happens if you choose the same princess two out of three times instead of all three times, but I would assume you end up with the princess you chose twice.

I just confirmed it for two out of three possible combinations for exactly twice making the same choice (did that with Liesel whose variation I already played through, so textskip was available and a big help for testing):
If I chose Liesel in either 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd choice, then the 19th chapter had the title “The steel Princess” and showed Palmier’s emblem.

Made it to chapter…11 now. Not sure if I have the right number, but the chapter title is “The Two Princes”

Here are my impressions so far.

As I’ve said before, the card system is pretty unique, and it’s what makes this game fun.
Lun Lun is PRACTICALLY OFF THE DAMN WALL. When she said something to the point of: “I took a shot at your heart” 2 chapters prior, I couldn’t help but go “NERAI UTSU ZE!!” (SNIPING THE TARGETS!!). Again, blame Gundam for this.
The music is REALLY good. The best out of all the eroge I’ve played so far (not counting minori’s ef, whose music would blow this one out of the water). My favorite track so far would be “Battlefield of Steel”, which I’ve only heard once before within the game (not counting the times I cued up the track in the BGM menu). I gotta give the composers props for this. I really do.

Recently noticed that Playasia updated their release dates…

Downhill Night series - Q3, 2009
Cosplay Fetish Academy - Q3, 2009
Cat Girl Alliance - Q3, 2009
Family Project Kazoku Keikaku - Jun, 2009

They sound pretty much correct, cept for the Downhill Night series.

that most likely isn’t right because
peach princess release dates are rarely static and cosplay fetish is next

To be quite honest, I think this game would have been better off WITHOUT the multi character choices and instead in the castle it automatically has you go through the 3 besides suzu(since you just fought your way in with her) and then just went with the beast princess path. Leading to the ending.

Since the ability to choose the characters actually makes the game less fun since it gives you a illusion of choice and then bitchslaps you with a generic ending(which is a good ending don’t get me wrong).

The ero scenes aren’t even that special. I guess it’s just to suit each characters fanbase, but they could have at least give a little epilogue for each princess if you go down their path.

Completed my first run last week, but since it’s been that long, I’m just gonna give my brief impressions on a few select characters:

Angela: Why isn’t she 3 times faster than the others? (She gives a bonus to weapon power instead of speed, but when you fuse with her, you turn red…doesn’t that tell you something?)
Suzushiro: ALWAYS beware characters voiced by Yuko Goto. Especially when she’s powerful enough to GROUND SOMEONE USING JUMP JETS.
Liesel: Wha…what is that…that’s not a mobile suit…AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! is hit with tons of rockets and a GIANT HAMMER Seriously, who she really was caught me WAY off guard. That bit with the cellphones clued me in.
Chris: You’re not fit to be a Gundam Meis…oh never mind, you’ll do fine for a prince. Apologize for that bit, but every time Chris raged about that, Tieria’s comments about Setsuna not being fit to a Gundam Meister popped in my head.

As I’ve mentioned before, the soundtrack was decent, but while the battle bgm was fitting, I had a tendency to simply mute the BGM and play a Gundam track during a card battle, especially tracks from SEED or SEED Destiny. What made one of the final scenes more awesome was me choosing to play the track “METEOR” in place of the whatever was on at the time. Damn it was good.

I picked up on this some time ago, and I’m not sure if anyone else noticed, but the piece “Battlefield of Steel” is significantly longer in the game than it is in the version that is part of the soundtrack included on the disc. The version that is part of the soundtrack is 2:45 in length, and the version in the game (by rough calculation) is ~5:20. The version in the game features what you hear in the soundtrack version first, then segues in to a slightly modified rehash. I think that it may actually have two versions of the piece in the game data, because I don’t recall hearing the extended version of the piece until late in the game. I’m going to dig through the game data with a program I have when I have a chance and see if this is the case.

Theirs only 30 songs in the game data, so their can’t be any extras.
The version in the game is indeed 5:20.

Thanks for checking on that for me Lipp. I probably wouldn’t have had time to check on that myself until mid-May, since the end of my Japanese II class is close at hand.

It seem you guys guys finish the game with ease BTW i got a hard time defeating the Elder Gardener. What are the stats of your Pricncess to defeat that Boss that has 400 HP in one turn… ???

It’s not really the stats that help in that situation - you need another strategical approach to that opponent!

In the beginning, the Guardener regenerates infinitely! Try to avoid every damage and deal only small blows. For doing that most efficiently, you should use skills like “block” and “feint” here. Continue with that until the duel is interrupted by a story intermission in which the towers of the palace being blown up. I think it usually happenes after the Guardener regenerated his injuries (regardless how small they are) for the third time. After that, the Guardener’s regenerating ability is gone and thus the Guardener itself isn’t that impressive anymore (and also down to 200 HP). On, and in that second part, a combination of the skills “rage”, “focus” and “overdrive” turns things really into childsplay.

Further more: A few months back I used a cheat utility to artificially pump up my stats and confirmed what I already suspected. That being that even if you score a hit powerful enough to kill that enemy in one hit, it still won’t die during your first fight with him.

Thanks for the tips so the key is strategy ehhh…

hmm i wonder if there will be any Princess Waltz fighting game like Fatal/Fake… :smiley:

MEIJI Arc! :lol: :stuck_out_tongue: :lol:

I dont know if this is a bug but i know i did not got any dmg after the 1st round but i still got the GAME OVER.

I can’t tell a whole lot from the picture, but I’d say that you may have encountered a very odd bug. Is this happening every time you face him?

yup from the time i get chapter 2 i am limited to 1 round battle for every foe i encountered or gameover will appear if i did not defeat them in 1 round talk about HARD MODE :slight_smile:

That is definitely a bug. I played the game without resorting to easy mode the first time through, and even the battles where you had a limited number of rounds to defeat the enemy gave you at least five rounds to win.

So i have no chance clearing this game i hope there is a patch for this… :twisted: