Princess Waltz: THE THREAD

Just wanted to say, been highly anticipating this :open_mouth: Been waiting to get this since it was first available for pre-order :smiley: So I’m very excited :oops: to get this!

This is like a milestone isn’t it? I wonder if there’s a timeline somewhere…

On the matter about love interests, PW actually remind me the case of YMK, where Kouhei’s stepsister is not one of his love interest. Sometime having a different feeling from these kind of out of standard games is quite interesting, anyone else share the same thought with me? :mrgreen:

What?..BLASPHEMER!!!

What?..BLASPHEMER!!!

Where did I put those those damn torches…

Uuuukay?.. Is that me saying something wrong or is there something wrong with him? =_=

Well, honestly, I do like the card game theme. However, I do kind of dislike the fact that they have the animation deal. why can’t they just go with the stills like Pretty soldier wars? I’d much prefer combat sprites so that we can get some truly epic “fights”.

The game mechanic is built around numbers and colored suits, not named cards with specific abilities (other than the spell cards), so it’s safe to say the system is relatively simple compared to most CCGs. I’d say it’s a bit like a cross between UNO and poker, with a wider range of “wild cards” available.

We’re hoping to have the game available via download as soon as absolutely possible. After inquiring further on this point the main issue seems to be obtaining permission from Will; once we’ve got that the download will follow very shortly.

The card battles are essentially “switches” that determine whether the plot continues or not. The choice of endings is related to this, but made independently of the card game mechanic itself. Regarding your second question, I’m not going to enter that particular spoiler territory - you’ll have to find out for yourself. ^^

Thanks! I wish I could take full credit for it, but the coding was done by a new member of our staff far more web savvy than I. We’re hoping to have a similarly polished look for new game sites in the future.

I’m not sure I understand your comment. I think you’ll find the card game in Princess Waltz to be fun and engaging, though not in a tactical sim kind of way. If PSW-style combat is the sort of gameplay you’d like to see more of in the future I can heartily agree with you there, we hope to be able to bring a much wider variety of games to the market in the future.

Well, the classic visual novel-type games are fine enough, though other types of games are also welcomed :mrgreen:

Dea ex Machina and Amatsukaze have shown me that a simple, strategic card-based system can actually be pretty fun. I had to tone down the difficulty a touch on both games, though.

(on that note, I bet those two Ninetail games would be popular things to localise. They’ve got shitloads of ero (dozens and dozens of scenes, most of them pretty lengthy), are extremely long, have some rudimentary gameplay aspects and all sorts of other customisable features. Plus they’re kirikiri, which is easy as anything to add English text to =p. Dunno who you’d be able to talk to about that, since Ninetail and Dualtail have essentially dissolved)

I’m a Dea Ex Machina addict and it’s one year I’m playing its battle card game for some killing time (Abyss difficulty level for me 8) ), however I’m pretty sure that your post belongs HERESIGH :cry: , because Dea Ex Machina also has a few “defects” preventing any hope of translation (Fam is the biggest for sure :lol: , and the references to the old West Vision games do not help either), but maybe Amatsukaze is different…
Can you say me/us something more about it? I do know this is The Official Princess Waltz Thread, but since all are busy elsewhere I want to know what’s the best Ninetail game :slight_smile: .

Amatsukaze has Akebi, who is essentially Fam-grade in terms of loliness - and I don’t think either are really that bad (considering a couple of the winnable heroines in Princess Waltz!).

As for which is the best Ninetail game, well, at the moment Erogamescape is fractionally favouring Amatsukaze. I think, overall, I like Dea Ex a bit more - I just like the story and the characters more, even though Amatsukaze improves on the battle system, the graphics and has even cooler animations.

Let’s try to stay on the topic of Princess Waltz in this thread, please. ^^

This is not the only thread that goes comepletely off-topic after a while of discussing :lol:

While what you say is true Panzerhaust, I have noticed a general rule when it comes to these “official” threads. In threads like this one, the topic should definitely be adhered to when the game isn’t actually released yet. :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously though, this thread shouldn’t descend in to chaos until a few months after the game has been released.

On a completely different note, in order to bring a previous post in this thread in line with the topic, I was curious if someone could break down the size of the different elements of the game like Lancer-X did with his example of Ayakashi.

Just joking. You expressed a departure from the “eroge code” of VN, #27: we must always have a childhood friend option, and #4: the little sister must be non-related and datable. Again, it was a joke.

A VN MUST have one or the other. Exceptions may vary. Inevitably though, there has to be at least 1 nympho.

OK, To get this thread back on topic:

Is there any more information about the characters?

Well, what do you want to know?

I don’t know, I just pulled that question out of thin air, just to get back on topic…

OK, real question this time:

Is there going to be an English version of the demo?

Didn’t see the demo yet. Even the demo takes time to be released :stuck_out_tongue: