Refresh my memory, Lamuness...

quote:
Originally posted by joe_kun:
That's a known problem. RighStuf delayed the next volume release to make sure it doesn't happen again. After they release the whole they will do something about the 1st volume.

Yeah, I read about in on the Anime on DVD review afterwards. (I've actually been good about only reading reviews after I've seen it myself... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] ) But it was still a nice geeky moment for me. It's only been, what, 20 something years that my Japanese is finally at the point that I could automatically translate a conversation about having lunch? Now if only I could start up an interesting conversation with a few of those tourists at the mall...

Sigh, I think I need to try and get into another good series that is already finished it's run. It's killing me to start getting into a series then pause and wait for the next volume... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
ooOo
><;> ><;> >-<>
ITtt ><'> o00
<><<;>
0oO <>-<< livveess

Say, that's just what this thread needed. ASCII art. I can't imagine how it went so long without any.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Sigh, I think I need to try and get into another good series that is already finished it's run. It's killing me to start getting into a series then pause and wait for the next volume... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

I've just started collecting some anime on DVD's. I've been purchasing those single episodes types. Any recommendations for a series?

MAAOOMS [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

actually, unicorn, i can’t put up the level 2 award yet…i haven’t received email notification of winning the level 2 yet, which gives me a link to the proper code for my personal level 2 award graphic

as soon as i get that, i will update my website along with the graphic

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
actually, unicorn, i can't put up the level 2 award yet...i haven't received email notification of winning the level 2 yet, which gives me a link to the proper code for my personal level 2 award graphic

as soon as i get that, i will update my website along with the graphic [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Well, it was ksarchet who told you at this board about your promotion to level 2 and to update your page with the level 2-graphic. I only mailed you, right after I was that lucky and used the opportunity to give the 500th vote.

However, right now, they say at the page where vour vote-links leads to that your page already is a level2-winner. So, your notification-mail should arrive soon...

And this thread is the reason why there should be a chatroom ^_^;

quote:
Originally posted by Gulyen:
I've just started collecting some anime on DVD's. I've been purchasing those single episodes types. Any recommendations for a series?

Princess Nine - Actually, there is NO reason why you wouldn't want this one. Dirty cheap, and all volumes are out.

quote:
Originally posted by Gulyen:
Any recommendations for a series?

Well, my recommendations would be:

Maze, the mega-burst-space (one complete box with 4 DVDs)
Slayers (Three seasons, each a box of 4 DVDs)
Moldiver (Short series, only 6 episodes, complete on one DVD)
Ranma 1/2... eeehm, no, wait, it's not yet complete and the last box has even been called back, because of a mistake on the last DVD (english dub instead of original japanese soundtrack for 2 episodes)

Heh, well like anything else, depends on what you’re looking for. I do agree with a lot of the recommendations, Princess Nine, Steel Angel Kurumi, His and Her Circumstances and Excel Saga especially. Hmm, let’s see I’d probably recommend Hand Maid May, Strawberry Eggs, and Battle Athletes (I liked the TV and OVA series, but for different reasons) as well. Oh and Initial D, whenever Tokyopop gets around to releasing it. (I mean, how many months can you list something as “coming soon”? You’d think they were trying to release a computer game or something… ) Or if you want something more adult, Buttobi CPU, especially if you’re a computer geek!

Hmm, thinking of what series I have, I’ve been lucky that I’ve pretty much liked everything I’ve gotten except “Voogie’s Angels” so far. Although I am very annoyed that I just picked up Saber Marionette J colletions 1 and 2 and for some reason I can never play the first disk of either one, but I can play the second. (Anyone else have that problem?) Oh well, I’ll see what else I can pick up tomorrow to keep me occupied over the weekend.

quote:
Originally posted by joe_kun:
Fruits Basket (coming soon)
His and Her Circumstances
Fooly Cooly
Ah! My Goddess Movie
Card Captor Sakura
El Hazard
Excel Saga
Golden Boy
Niea_7
Cowboy Bebop
Rurouni Kenshin
Sakura Wars
Shamanic Princess
Steel Angel Kurumi
Trigun

Those are some off the top of my head [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

"Fooly Cooly" is probably actually supposed to be Furi Kuri. As for shows on DVD...well, lesse...Slayers, Escaflowne, Nadesico, Serial Experiments Lain, Dragon Half, Berserk, Hellsing, and I've only seen a little Hyper Police but it's decently interesting.

Alright, that makes at least two (and probably more) people I know who have said that Steel Angel Kurumi is good. I wouldn’t know, having gotten a very sour taste in my mouth from sponsoring episodes 1-4 from Slow as Hell Anime and deciding the show just sucked. Does it get better, or am I just weird?

(Well, okay. So my being weird isn’t really connected to whether or not Kurumi is any good, but my question still stands.)

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Alright, that makes at least two (and probably more) people I know who have said that Steel Angel Kurumi is good. I wouldn't know, having gotten a very sour taste in my mouth from sponsoring episodes 1-4 from Slow as Hell Anime and deciding the show just sucked. Does it get better, or am I just weird?

Well, like usual, depends on what you're tastes are. I mean I like Love Hina, and I know several people absolutely hate it and feel I should burn in hell for liking it. (Which isn't true, it's because of that incident in '95 that I'll burn in hell...) I'll admit that the storyline to me wasn't that deep or unpredictable, but I enjoyed the humor, the character interactons and various mood contrasts (I mean, when you have a total serious start scene of an episode and then suddenly go into that perky opening song...) I also thought the way they portrayed the various sexual attractions was humorous. And for some reason, I particularly liked the way that Kurumi clearly and distinctly said "desu" at the end of her sentences. Then again, we know I'm weird...

I'm trying to remember exactly what happened in the first 4 episodes (I watched the first 3 DVD's one after another, so the first 18 episodes are a little hard for me to separate.) Action-wise, it does pick up a little after more and more steel angels get involved. Hmm, oh well, I'll have to go back and figure out what happened in the first four episodes and what happened afterwards.

Well, if we’re talking about anime series here, I brought the first X tv DVD today. I can’t really say if I was impressed or not, through, so I can’t recommend it yet. I’ll have to watch it on my own TV instead of the DVD player on my dad’s computer, and we’ll see if I’m any more impressed. Or perhaps it’s just that my “impression senses” are a little dulled because of the fact that I have a cold now ^^; .

Well, since I’m way too lazy to look for the other thread right now but since we’re on the anime subject in general…

Pioneer seems to be the one going to release Chobits in March of next year. (You know, maybe we should go and start a new thread, this is starting to sound sane…) Ah forget it. It’s Friday and I’m off to do the monkey dance…

quote:
Pioneer seems to be the one going to release Chobits in March of next year.

The good: Yeah!

The bad: It is Pioneer, so most probably, it will be kind of 3 episodes per DVD and one DVD every now and then. (CCS, anyone???)

The ugly: Let's see. October, November, December, January, February, March... ARGH!!!

Now, Nu-Tech, where is Kakyuusei/Doukyuusei 2?

quote:
Well, like usual, depends on what you're tastes are. I mean I like Love Hina, and I know several people absolutely hate it and feel I should burn in hell for liking it. (Which isn't true, it's because of that incident in '95 that I'll burn in hell...)

Good. For a minute and six and six tenths of a second I was worried you might be trying to weasel out of our arrangement.

I enjoyed Steel Angel Kurumi. I own all 4 dvd’s. I really liked the ending. It is fun and funny.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Good. For a minute and six and six tenths of a second I was worried you might be trying to weasel out of our arrangement.

Hey, I might be a thief, a liar, extremely violent, and criminally insane (we won't go into my bad qualities) but I would never break my word...

I don't know, every now and then Pioneer surprises me. Strawberry Eggs Vol. 2 wasn't supposed to be out till Tuesday but guess what I found at the store today... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

my site is updated…my site is finally updated…go check it out! ::bounce bounce bounce::

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
my site is updated...my site is finally updated...go check it out! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Yay!

*smirks*
Do you know, what I am still missing on the Review/Guides page of "The maids story"?

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 10-21-2002).]