Refresh my memory, Lamuness...

Kudos to the administrators.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
just checking if this BBS works again...ignore me...

What?

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Kudos to the administrators.

I second that. You guys rock. Thanks for getting the board back up and running.

ahh…one more year before my car insurance fees get reduced :stuck_out_tongue:

new website update! check it out…it’s a small update, but there’s a new poll that i am really curious to see the answers to

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
new website update! check it out...it's a small update, but there's a new poll that i am really curious to see the answers to [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Come on people (and others), there have only been two votes so far!

I'll steal your souls if you don't...

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Come on people (and others), there have only been two votes so far!

You couldn't steal my soul even if you wanted to, but I'll still check Ladyphoenix's update.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:

Impossible mission!
You already have mine, so how are you going to accomplish this (or rather: what's my advantage of taking that poll)?

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
but there's a new poll that i am really curious to see the answers to [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

After I took the poll, I now know why you are that curious about it.
Well, how about the people that answered with "other...". Did they usually comment on their vote what that other would be? I am really curious about the various kinds of "other".

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
After I took the poll, I now know why you are that curious about it.
Well, how about the people that answered with "other...". Did they usually comment on their vote what that other would be? I am really curious about the various kinds of "other".

Well I answered "other" myself. Didn't comment on it though. It's partially because I don't entirely remember exactly although I know it wasn't from any of the website choices. I know I found Peach Princess through J-List but I knew about bishoujo games before that. "Friend recommendation" was possible because I remember someone in college showing me an untranslated game (this was before I had a computer of my own) but I think I knew about them before even that. Kinda what happens when you've been into anime, manga and other aspect of Japanese culture for so long... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
You couldn't steal my soul even if you wanted to, but I'll still check Ladyphoenix's update.

I've had no less than three and a half offers already.

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Impossible mission!
You already have mine, so how are you going to accomplish this?

Easy. I'm going to double cross myself, the bastard always got on my nerves.

• Fireworks *

O.k. thanks to my own craziness and the as inspiring as funny people around here, I actually managed to make my 1000th post before the end of the first year of my membership to this BBS.

I want to thank in particular:

Spectator Beholder: For the trip to the moon and all other things

Ladyphoenix-sama: For kindly posting my first reviews regardless how badly phrased they were

Nandemonai: For returning my soul

ekylo: For the pills

Lamuness: For not banishing me, even though I delivered him quite a lot of reasons

Bigdog: For the recommendation of Datsui-Jann 2

olf_le_fol: For introducing me to the special world of ren’ai

And all others, which I should have mentioned here. But because I now have to make another post (and didn’t want to waste my post #1000 for that other purpose), I just had to write this in short time.

I actually wanted to prepare a real speech for this occasion.
    Maybe, I’ll do it then on my upcoming BBS-birthday…

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 05-07-2003).]

Heh, congratulations Unicorn-san! Although having a thousand posts here is a dubious distinction, it’s still a distinction!

it’s my pleasure to post your reviews, unicorn…they may not be grammatically perfect, but they are still high-quality stuff

and now i need to rant…i apologize, because i know i have ranted on this before, but i am really angry right now (it may have something to do with it being 3am, but i don’t care)

i have gotten two separate emails over the past two days regarding my website…the first begged for me to post the H-scenes from the games on my website…the second gave me a very short, very to-the-point comment on how to improve my site "You need to have downloads of these games, dude"

i am getting sooooooo pissed!!! am i getting through to ANYONE??? does NO ONE read where i explicitly say “I DON’T PIRATE THESE GAMES”…does ANYONE read about where i painstakingly point out all the BAD EVIL THINGS about pirating these games???

i am really starting to feel like it isn’t even worth it to have this website anymore…i’m not getting through to anyone…i pour hours of my soul into this website, and it’s not easy (my anxiety kicks in every time i have to focus like that) and i’m not getting through to anyone…it’s not doing anything…i feel like i am pouring my effort, my heart, AND my money down the toilet (remember, i PAY for this website monthly)

i will probably keep on chugging along, i love bishoujo games way too much to just give up altogether, but i really needed to get that off my chest…thank you for reading…and now back to your regularly-schedules chaos

You’re certainly NOT throwing away your money in the toilet! Idiots or “blind” people are everywhere. Don’t let yourself get discouraged by those . And futhermore, you have to realize that some people who visits your site are just idiots who search for pirated games and don’t actually bother reading anything. It’s the same in the b-game channel, now and then we get people there searching for pirated games, but we quickly tell them that that isn’t the purpose of our channel and so on…

Sorry to hear that this still keeps happening, regardless in which color or font you tell about this right on the entrance-page to your website. I understand pretty well how you feel, because I just went ballistic when I was asked to make an images of the “Casual Romance Club DVD”.

Perhaps, you can deal with it on your website in the following manner:

You add to the usual four buttons on each product-related page a fifth button “Get the game”. Of cause, pressing this button would link directly the online-ordering system of the game’s maker. I think, this would be a hint, any moron understands (and hopefully, relieves you of more of such “great suggestions for improvements on your website”).

It’s very similar to the way, rowena-sama handles it on animetric, just a little bit sneaky because the slightly misleading inscription “get the game” would let them think first of actually having a download available behind that button.

Hey, if they don’t want to listen to reason, tricking them wouldn’t be such a bad idea, would it?

BTW: At least, the awards you have won, prove that not all your efforts were in vain. Also, your hit-counter shows that you at least managed to spread awareness of the genre with your website. So, please don’t throw in the towel, 'kay?

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 05-08-2003).]

Your efforts aren’t wasted Ladyphoenix. I appreciate your work on your website. It’s the most informative out there.

Sometimes, it’s nice to just rant a bit and get things off your chest.

I don’t even have a website and I get those types of requests. Some people just don’t get it. Also, I firmly believe some people are very illiterate or unable to read like normal humans. I can’t otherwise explain how they can not understand what’s written very plainly and simply. Oh well, you know we’ll always support you at least!

To LadyPhoenix,

Well, if it makes you feel better I get about 2 or 3 emails a month from people asking me to send them the bishoujo games that I’ve posted opinions on at GameFAQs… usually it reads something like:

"Hey Mike, my copy of game X doesn’t work. It says something about a bad dll file. Could you zip up and email me your copy of the game, so I can try it out? k thx bye"

So… your not the only one who gets those emails. After about the 40th one, you just start to igore them.

Anyway, kudos to your website.