Refresh my memory, Lamuness...

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
It was me?! How come? What did I unleash in this world?

Yep, you put a terrible stain on your beloved world of ren'ai.
Apparently, sometimes even an OTAKU makes a small mistake... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 05-24-2003).]

• deleted too *

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
* deleted too *

On the advice of my attorney I have no comment at this time.

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Yep, you put a terrible stain on your beloved world of ren'ai.
Apparently, sometimes even an OTAKU makes a small mistake... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, you're talking about yourself? Well, perhaps... I wouldn't know, since a NEWBIE such as myself can't pretend to ever understand OTAKUs such as you!!!

[This message has been edited by olf_le_fol (edited 05-25-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
[quote] Originally posted by Unicorn:
[b] Yep, you put a terrible stain on your beloved world of ren'ai.

Oh, you're talking about yourself? Well, perhaps... I wouldn't know, since a NEWBIE such as myself can't pretend to ever understand OTAKUs such as you!!!

[This message has been edited by olf_le_fol (edited 05-25-2003).][/b] [/quote]

No newbie knows what the word 'otaku' means. The jig is up, Olf!

just to throw some more randomness into the topic (as if it needed any more)…

first and foremost, Brian and my 1 year anniversary is this wednesday! we are going out to a realyl nice dinner, and I know he’ll be late with the present, but i don’t mind, because he really wants to get something nice and just hasn’t thought of the perfect mushy-gushy gift yet

in other small Brian and me news, we are working diligently towards our goal of moving in together and are hoping to be living together by Christmas and another thing, we are now now joking about engagement and marriage…oh my god, that’s scary especialyl since hei s trying to convince me I want an engagement Alienware computer instead of a Ring!

oh yeah, and The Matrix Reloaded kicked ass!

Hi everybody!

It has been some time already (OK, one random post once in a while). It seems that I have missed a lot with all this new threads…

Ladyphoenix: it boils down to the question: what a girl wants? A ring or a computer? Is the computer upgradeable? Is the ring upgradeable??? And if so, to what extent!!!

I guess almost everybody here is familiar with Ladyphoenix story, and I wish to add some a story of my one. I will appreciate comments by the people in the BBS. It starts like this:

I have been dating this girl for some time already and she was well aware of my feelings for her. Unless she was only playing with me, I always felt we shared a similar feeling. Around 18 months ago, I told her I will be moving (to another country). She didn’t say anything at all. I kept pushing her to consider moving too. I know this is a selfish thought, but that’s what I had in mind. Eventually the day came and I left, and prior to my departure, I had a dinner with her and asked her again. This time, at least, she said “I will think about it”. To me, it was a giant step as this is the first time she gave me such an answer. Unfortunately, after that everything went downhill. Everytime I asked her to even visit me she saying she can’t or won’t and kept using the word “friends” (OK, girls, under certain conditions, this word hurts…).

What it has to do with everything? Well, let’s say that I can’t play any bishoujo games lately as I keep thinking on her. I got Casual Romance Club just to give it a try (after a long hiatus), and any thoughts on her kept on coming. (Her personality is a lot like Hinako/Jeannie, and guess which character I try went after in my first run of the game…)

[Darn I wish I could get this out of my mind, otherwise I will keep wasting $$$ on Magic the Gathering On-Line trying to get those rare cards!!!]

Any comments appreciated… (Even those that states I am a fool)

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
especialyl since hei s trying to convince me I want an engagement Alienware computer instead of a Ring!

BWAHAHAHA! That reminds me of the Simpsons episode in which Homer gets a bowling ball for Marge; to spite Homer, she goes and takes bowling lessons.

And I say to hell with upgradeable computers. iMac is the future, because all computers are planned obsolescence. Men just like newer and fast computers because it boosts their male ego. I use my computers just to play Bishoujo games and make presentations and type essays, so faster, bigger and better means squat to me. iMacs are cute with their tiny footprints and :gasp: flat panel!!! FLAT PANEL!!! OHMIGOD LOLOLOLOL

[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 05-27-2003).]

A computer would be hard to put around your finger… not to say heavy!

Ah, it wouldn’t be a typical morning without a few odd images. Personally, I think you should go for the ring, Ladyphoenix-san. A ring will retain it’s value for quite awhile while a computer becomes obsolete pretty quickly…

And thanks a lot Bokmeow-san. Men like newer, faster computers to boost their male ego? I’m guessing that means my ego gets beat up, has it’s lunch money stolen, and gets stuffed into lOckers by everyone elses egos…

Fxho-san, hmm, not sure what comments to say about your situation. I mean, asking her to move countries with you, that’s not exactly a decision one takes lightly. I think you were probably asking a bit much in that. As for what you should do, I don’t know. I’ve pretty much proven I’m more than a little clueless in the relationship department. (It’s amazing what one finds out 10 years after the fact. If you guys are really bored or just want to be amused, let me know and I’ll tel you all about it… )

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Fxho-san, hmm, not sure what comments to say about your situation. I mean, asking her to move countries with you, that's not exactly a decision one takes lightly. I think you were probably asking a bit much in that.

Yeah, I know. Just that if she had just told me "no" right from the beginning when I told her I was planning to move out, I would have understood. However, she kept giving me hope she might change her mind, and it hit me really hard when she changed her mind...

[img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

quote:
just to throw some more randomness into the topic (as if it needed any more)...

first and foremost, Brian and my 1 year anniversary is this wednesday! we are going out to a realyl nice dinner, and I know he'll be late with the present, but i don't mind, because he really wants to get something nice and just hasn't thought of the perfect mushy-gushy gift yet [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

in other small Brian and me news, we are working diligently towards our goal of moving in together and are hoping to be living together by Christmas [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] and another thing, we are now now joking about engagement and marriage....oh my god, that's scary [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] especialyl since hei s trying to convince me I want an engagement Alienware computer instead of a Ring!

oh yeah, and The Matrix Reloaded kicked ass! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

congratulations. go with the ring. I wish you two all the happiness in the world. It was indeed a good movie my goddess.

quote:
first and foremost, Brian and my 1 year anniversary is this wednesday! we are going out to a realyl nice dinner, and I know he'll be late with the present, but i don't mind, because he really wants to get something nice and just hasn't thought of the perfect mushy-gushy gift yet [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

When my mom turned 50, I got her an information packet for a funeral home.

Oddly enough, she thought it was hysterical.

quote:
oh yeah, and The Matrix Reloaded kicked ass! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

I must be the only person in the entire US who has no interest in EITHER Xmen 2 or Matrix 2.

quote:
Originally posted by fxho:
Ladyphoenix: it boils down to the question: what a girl wants? A ring or a computer? Is the computer upgradeable? Is the ring upgradeable??? And if so, to what extent!!!

More importantly, does the ring have magical powers?

quote:
Originally posted by fxho:
I have been dating this girl for some time already and she was well aware of my feelings for her. Unless she was only playing with me, I always felt we shared a similar feeling. Around 18 months ago, I told her I will be moving (to another country). She didn't say anything at all. I kept pushing her to consider moving too. I know this is a selfish thought, but that's what I had in mind. Eventually the day came and I left, and prior to my departure, I had a dinner with her and asked her again. This time, at least, she said "I will think about it". To me, it was a giant step as this is the first time she gave me such an answer. Unfortunately, after that everything went downhill. Everytime I asked her to even visit me she saying she can't or won't and kept using the word "friends" (OK, girls, under certain conditions, this word hurts...).

What it has to do with everything? Well, let's say that I can't play any bishoujo games lately as I keep thinking on her. I got Casual Romance Club just to give it a try (after a long hiatus), and any thoughts on her kept on coming. (Her personality is a lot like Hinako/Jeannie, and guess which character I try went after in my first run of the game...)

Any comments appreciated... (Even those that states I am a fool)

Since you asked...

When ladyphoenix brought her problems up on the board, I talked out of my ass about them. Oddly enough they seemed to be helpful. ...I'm trying to be delicate here, so please don't take this the wrong way.

It seems to me "I will think about it" was some sort of turning point, but not in the way you are thinking...That she started brushing you off right after that tells me something changed. I'm fairly sure "I'll think about it" meant "no". Either she decided right then not to go and started avoiding you, or she'd already decided she wasn't going to go and didn't want to put up with it anymore.

Asking someone to move out of the country with you is like asking her to marry you. No...that's not quite right. It's more demanding than that. You're asking them to give up almost everything.

...it's sounding to me like you asked her for something she wasn't willing to give you, and you didn't realize it and kept asking.

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
And I say to hell with upgradeable computers. iMac is the future, because all computers are planned obsolescence. Men just like newer and fast computers because it boosts their male ego. I use my computers just to play Bishoujo games and make presentations and type essays, so faster, bigger and better means squat to me. iMacs are cute with their tiny footprints and :gasp: flat panel!!! FLAT PANEL!!! OHMIGOD LOLOLOLOL

[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 05-27-2003).]

Have you been smoking my crack? Again? Dammit, that stuff's expensive...you can't just keep taking it. Especially since you live halfway across the country...

quote:
And thanks a lot Bokmeow-san. Men like newer, faster computers to boost their male ego? I'm guessing that means my ego gets beat up, has it's lunch money stolen, and gets stuffed into lockers by everyone elses egos...

If it's anything like my computer, I imagine my ego just keeps walking into walls and falling down staircases. Or off of high ledges.

quote:
(It's amazing what one finds out 10 years after the fact. If you guys are really bored or just want to be amused, let me know and I'll tel you all about it... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] )

If that wasn't an idle offer, may I remind you that this IS the Thread that Never Ends (except for that stretch the last few weeks)?

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Asking someone to move out of the country with you is like asking her to marry you. No...that's not quite right. It's more demanding than that. You're asking them to give up almost everything.

...it's sounding to me like you asked her for something she wasn't willing to give you, and you didn't realize it and kept asking.

I appreciate your comments. I had planned to propose to her if she would have come to visit me, and I guess that's something will never happen. It is now that I realize the ties weren't as strong as I thought it was. I guess it's time forget about that and start from scratch.