Refresh my memory, Lamuness...

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
(...)
And thanks a lot Bokmeow-san. Men like newer, faster computers to boost their male ego?

Oh, no, you're mixing up computers and cars. Men like newer, faster cars to boost their male ego! Newer, faster computers are to play games!
Usually. In my case, it's so that my compiling time decreases...

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
If that wasn't an idle offer, may I remind you that this IS the Thread that Never Ends (except for that stretch the last few weeks)?

Heh, I'll do it when I have a little more free time. I'm still trying to get all the facts straightened out myself. Man, what in the world was I doing in high school... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Definitely agree with what Nandemonai-san was saying about the "I will think about it" responses, about it meaning "no". My friend does responses like that when she trying not to hurt someone's feelings. I keep telling her that all it does is confuse the matter and just makes things worst in the long run. Oh well, I can't run her life, all I can do is mess up my own...

And to go on a slight tangent, watched the last volume of Fruits Baskets last night. I so enjoyed the series. I'd bounce about it, but my bounces aren't the lovely things Ladyphoenix-san's bounces are. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
Oh, no, you're mixing up computers and cars. Men like newer, faster [b]cars to boost their male ego! Newer, faster computers are to play games!
Usually. In my case, it's so that my compiling time decreases...

[/b]

Don't tell me a newer, faster computer that increases the speed of teh pumping doesn't get you hot.

quote:
Originally posted by fxho:
I appreciate your comments. I had planned to propose to her if she would have come to visit me, and I guess that's something will never happen. It is now that I realize the ties weren't as strong as I thought it was. I guess it's time forget about that and start from scratch.

I don't know you beyond the board, and I don't know her at all, so take this with some rock salt...but you may have had better luck if you proposed first.

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Don't tell me a newer, faster computer that increases the speed of teh pumping doesn't get you hot.

Only if your computer's cooling system is underpowered. Or if you're overclocking too recklessly.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
And to go on a slight tangent, watched the last volume of Fruits Baskets last night. I so enjoyed the series. I'd bounce about it, but my bounces aren't the lovely things Ladyphoenix-san's bounces are. :D

More tangents! The more discussions we have going on in this thread at once, the less likely it is to go dormant again! (This thread can never truly die...not while this board is full of weirdos!)

I liked Fruits Basket. They were showing it at JAC this year, which is my alma mater's anime club. I went down about half the time, so I got to see random episodes...I did see the last two, and random episodes throughout. I must say, usually sappy hit-you-over-the-head "let's learn life lesson" shows irritate me to no end because they tend to get veeeeery preachy (which gives me perverse MST3K impulses). But...well...it's Fruits Basket. Tohru is a shoe-in for my favorite characters of all time list, and the How To Live (tm) parts were actually not bad!

...of course, really it's all about Torhu :) I mean, come on. She moves into a tent in the middle of the woods because she doesn't want to inconvenience her friends. How cool is that?

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 05-28-2003).]

quote:
I must be the only person in the entire US who has no interest in EITHER Xmen 2 or Matrix 2.

No worries, brah, you're not alone. I've yet to watch either one and probably not going to. I've had not interest in any movie lately or any of those yet to come. And I used to be such a movie junkie...

quote:
...of course, really it's all about Torhu [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] I mean, come on. She moves into a tent in the middle of the woods because she doesn't want to inconvenience her friends. How cool is that?

Very cool. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] She has the type of personality that on one hand, would exasperate the heck out of me and on the other, would drive me to do my best for her.

And I really liked the other characters. Hatori was just generally cool (and his backstory so sad) and Shigure was pretty hysterical. Heck, I watch the New Years episode just to watch him drive his editor insane...

well, look at this, i go away for two days to celebrate my one-year anniversary, and someone needs advice!!! grrrr

so i guess i am a little late on this, but maybe you would still appreciate a woman’s point of view, Fxho…

i think you probably freaked the girl out the first time you asked her to move with you… you didn’t specify how long you guys had been together before you asked her, but i am going to assume it wasn’t very long, at least not long enough for such a question to be considered ‘appropriate’ in some circles

you probably popped that question before she was sure in her mind how she felt about you (women can act much differently than they feel to keep up appearances), and thus, it always stuck in her mind as something ‘uncomfortable’ about you that she felt, and it probably grew over time…she was probably also hoping that her failure to answer would give you the hint that she didn’t want to move without being ‘rude’ (don’t ask me why women do such things, as i don’t get it either…i think honesty is the best choice)…when it came down to the wire (the dinner prior to moving) she probably said “i will think about it” in order to stop there from being a fight or a major disagreement until you left, when she figured it would be over with because you would be gone

i know i am really blunt…i hope i haven’t been so blunt as to hurt you, but this is the feelingi get from the situation based on what you told us…and feel better, there are many more women in this world! ::big hugs::

just an update on my relationship status after the anniversary, since it is a pretty big thing for me and i am so happy

also a clarification…i obsess over video games as much as Brian does, so an engagement computer would be an immensely cool thing if it weren’t for the fact that it’s such an intimate occasion…so it isn’t remotely like the simpsons bowling episode , but it was a funny image

anyway, brian and i had a wonderful romantic anniversary and ended up having a long talk about our relationship and where it is going, and he told me he can see himself marrying me one day so i asked him if we are in one of those relationships where both of you know you’re going to get married someday, but it just isn’t going to happen NOW and there isn’t a clear idea of when it will happen, but it will definately happen, and he agreed that that is exactly what kind of relationship we have…that we need to be more financially stable and live together for a while, but that we are going to get married eventually

yay! i am so happy! just wanted to pass along the news ::bounce bounce bounce::

I am truly happy for you.

Congradulations, ladyphoenix. You’re the man (just don’t tell Brian).

Hi, Ladyphoenix!!! I am happy for you!!!

A day of cvelebration for our ladyphoenix-sama and a day of desperation for the remaining male world!

Congratulations from the bottom of my heart! Especially, if I re-read your “now everything is over”-post from last year.

To Nandemonai,

Nah, The Matrix didn’t flip my skirt, and I have no intrest in seeing it reloaded.

Though I did like X:2

To ladypheonix,

My wife and I are about to celebrate our 2nd anniversary Anyway, congrats on your first.

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
Perhaps. But then, I tend to look at my computer the way other men look at women. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]
quote:
I liked Fruits Basket. They were showing it at JAC this year, which is my alma mater's anime club. I went down about half the time, so I got to see random episodes...I did see the last two, and random episodes throughout. I must say, usually sappy hit-you-over-the-head "let's learn life lesson" shows irritate me to no end because they tend to get veeeeery preachy (which gives me perverse MST3K impulses). But...well...it's Fruits Basket. Tohru is a shoe-in for my favorite characters of all time list, and the How To Live (tm) parts were actually not bad!
I hate "Fruit Baskets" and Tooru.
I first decided to watch it because it features Horie Yui, Hisakawa Aya and Mitsuishi Kotono...
...and because of that I was doomed to buy the DVD series, now the manga and the OP and ED songs forced me to buy the OST. And I had to advice them to friends and I'm turning into a FB addict!
It's a series to avoid at all cost! Tooru is too loveable, the characters are too human, the series mixes too well comedy, romantism, humanism and.. and.. and... Well, be afraid of it to become just like me! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]
quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:
It's a series to avoid at all cost! Tooru is too loveable, the characters are too human, the series mixes too well comedy, romantism, humanism and.. and.. and... Well, be afraid of it to become just like me! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Something wrong with becoming just like you? You're a rather cool guy, y'know...

And here's the obligatory "congrats" post to ladyphoenix. I'd be happier for you if my own anniversary of a rather sad matter isn't coming up soon. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:

oh yeah, and The Matrix Reloaded kicked ass! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Once you got past the first 1/2 hour of the movie, which IMO was pretty slow, after that it pretty much did so.

quote:
so i guess i am a little late on this, but maybe you would still appreciate a woman's point of view, Fxho...

Never is too late...

quote:
i think you probably freaked the girl out the first time you asked her to move with you.... you didn't specify how long you guys had been together before you asked her, but i am going to assume it wasn't very long, at least not long enough for such a question to be considered 'appropriate' in some circles

We have known each other since high school, and we have been together for three years when I told her about my plans to move.

quote:
i know i am really blunt...i hope i haven't been so blunt as to hurt you, but this is the feelingi get from the situation based on what you told us....and feel better, there are many more women in this world! ::big hugs::

Actually, I appreciate your honest comments. Being sometimes an extremely logical minded person does not help when it comes to love. It is possible that's what happened and was hoping for a boolean yes/no answer instead of a maybe. Ladyphoenix-san, thanks again. Now it is time to move on!

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Once you got past the first 1/2 hour of the movie, which IMO was pretty slow, after that it pretty much did so.

*** slight/mild spoilers ***

Interesting. To me, The Matrix Reloaded was a total ripoff. It was based way too much on action and not that much on history. I said to my friend, TMR was reminiscent of a fight in Dragon Ball fight, that is, three episodes in warm-up, another three in "faking" their powers, another couple of episodes charging themselves, etc. which can be summarized in one episode or two! They could have made the movie mainy from the dialogue with the Oracle, Agent Smith and Coronel Sanders (the guy in white suit, the nickname is from a friend of mine) which would have dropped the movie from 2:30 hours to something like 75 to 90 minutes. Obviously most people didn't pay for that, but for Neo/Trinity and all the action scenes. Oh, worst of all, we will have to watch the other half of the movie later this year. It is opposite to Lord of the Rings as you already know there will be three movies right from the start.