Refresh my memory, Lamuness...

quote:
Originally posted by olf_le_fol:

Originally posted by ekylo:
Boy, your definition of "short" seems strangely similar to my mom's definition of "a few minutes". ;)

Just kidding. Though it sounds like you're trying to be your own advertising campaign for the series... :D

Blame Nademonai. He's the one asking: [snip]

Besides, Toraha would deserve this campaign anyway! Of course, I'm only a minor fan of the series, but I do think so. :p

(and I didn't talk about the goodies yet! Nami and Kotori&Yuiko bed cover!!! Sakura, Kotori and Nami plushies!!!! Kotori hugging pillow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o )

[This message has been edited by olf_le_fol (edited 07-08-2003).]

The off topic thread is dying off! We can't have that! I remember for awhile people were posting more than a page a day to the off topic thread! We need to make less sense, people! Sure, some of the posts were in languages other than English, which I couldn't understand. So what? We need more chaos!

*switches deadly serious mid-thought*

In totally unrelated news, I saw 28 Days Later yesterday. I must say, it was better than it could have been. Much better. The zombies (called 'infected' in the movie) are actually not the focus; like all good zombie films (well, okay, like the one other good zombie film I've seen, Night of the Living Dead), the movie is about the survivors. Add in some surprisingly good directing, and I liked it a lot more than I had thought I would.

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 07-08-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
The off topic thread is dying off! We can't have that! I remember for awhile people were posting more than a page a day to the off topic thread! We need to make less sense, people! Sure, some of the posts were in languages other than English, which I couldn't understand. So what? We need more chaos!

This used to be more active when it used to be in the Adult Bishoujo Discussion page. :/ It's common when an active thread gets moved somewhere new. I've seen it quite often on the bastard boards at $ierra.

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:
This used to be more active when it used to be in the Adult Bishoujo Discussion page. :/ It's common when an active thread gets moved somewhere new. I've seen it quite often on the bastard boards at $ierra.

I don't think that's the case here. Most of the people who were putting stuff up were the regulars and most of the regulars go through almost every thread. But right now, it's summer, which means vacations and I'm also betting that several people are students who mainly have internet access only while at school.

Sitz der Vater mit dem Sohn
in der d‰mmerfahlen Stube,
schaut ihn an, spricht keinen Ton.
Hu! - Es zittert bang der Bube.
Gleich wird Schlufl sein;
doch - es mufl sein!

“Bring ein Messer!” w¸rgt er tonlos
endlich vor. "Doch dafl es tauge!"
Und dabei starrt er den Sohn grofl
an mit glasig tr¸bem Auge.
doch - es mufl sein!

“Nimm die Kerze in die Linke!
In der Rechten halt das Messer!
Heb es hˆher, dafl es blinke!
so seh’ ich’s im Keller besser!”
doch - es mufl sein!

Und sie schleichen aus der Stube.
Vorneweg mit Dolch und Leuchter
wank der zitterbange Bube;
von der Stirn perlt’s feucht und feuchter.
doch - es mufl sein!

Dunkle Treppen geht’s hinunter,
dann durch einen finst’ren Gang.
Schwarze Schatten huschen munter
an der Kellerwand entlang.
doch - es mufl sein!

In der letzten Kammer spricht
kalt der Vater: “Leuchte besser,
denn im Dunklen seh’ ich nicht!
So ist’s gut! - Jetzt reich das Messer!”
doch - es mufl sein!

Un der Vater z¸ckt den Stahl,
dafl die blanken Schneiden blinken,
und - stˆflt zu!
----- Im R‰uchersaal
schnitt er ab den letzten Schinken.

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii…

kchak!
Biiiing! Biiiuuuuuuiing! Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

kchak!
Biiiing! Biiiiing! Biiiing! …

O.K., heartbeat is now normal.
I just reanimated this thread, so if we want to discuss Monty Python or Mel Brooks, why dont we do that here?

ducks

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
I just reanimated this thread, so if we want to discuss Monty Python or Mel Brooks, why dont we do that here? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

What? You mean you want to actually use the off-topic thread for an off-topic subject? What fun is that? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
What? You mean you want to actually use the off-topic thread for an off-topic subject? What fun is that? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Oooops! My fault!
By the way: Yesterday I finally got Watashi ni konya ai ni kite and the Kango-combi-set.

But because I got hooked on the first one, both Kangos are still sealed...

Come See Me Tonight is probably a better game (though I don’t like how some of the characters were drawn) than the two Kango’s anyways, although you really need to play Kango 2 and go through Eleana and her Japanese.

And great, for some reason I have that “Inquisition” song in my head now…

quote:
Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....

*kchak!*
Biiiing! Biiiuuuuuuiing! Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

*kchak!*
Biiiing! Biiiiing! Biiiing! ...

I just reanimated this thread, so if we want to discuss Monty Python or Mel Brooks, why dont we do that here? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

*ducks*

Since the thread is now back to normal, I will have to stick to the topic of no topic by insisting the topic is now NOT back to normal. So, here goes nothing...

You know, of course, that it is a common urban myth (even being portayed on TV and in movies) that defibrillators are used to get heartbeats where there aren't any. This is actually not true; defibrillators are just that; they're used to correct erratic heartbeats. To the best of my knowledge you can't use one if there is no pulse at all.

Which, of course, means that the thread really wasn't revived after all...so I guess I'm not really posting this message.

quote:
You know, of course, that it is a common urban myth (even being portayed on TV and in movies) that defibrillators are used to get heartbeats where there aren't any. This is actually not true; defibrillators are just that; they're used to correct erratic heartbeats. To the best of my knowledge you can't use one if there is no pulse at all.

I see.
*prepares for giving a heart-massage in order to reanimate this thread*

quote:

Yes and no. Technically, having no pulse counts as an "abnormal heart rhythm" and defibrillation is used to restore normal heart rhythms. But if anyone's really curious :

http://www.doh.gov.uk/heart/defibs/faq.htm

[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 07-16-2003).]

Again, showing once again how much I’m trying to avoid work (or maybe how bored I am)…

Just noticed that sometime in the past month or two, I slipped over the 2000 post mark. I’m still about 500 posts behind Spec-san though!

Woo yea!
Well, you’ll always be ahead of me. I don’t know if I could ever reach the 1000 mark during my lifetime here. ^^*
I guess I don’t know much yet. tries to study harder

quote:
Originally posted by Llilithe:
Woo yea!
Well, you'll always be ahead of me. I don't know if I could ever reach the 1000 mark during my lifetime here. ^^*
I guess I don't know much yet. *tries to study harder*

Shinpai Shinai. Most of the veterans around here haven't reached the 1000 post mark yet either.

And now for something completely different…

I don’t know if anybody has since this Honda commercial or already knew of it’s existance, but I just thought I’d share this with the people I love.
http://home.attbi.com/~bernhard36/honda-ad.html

Or how about this: Ping-pong meets The Matrix (who needs computer graphics!)

http://www.ntv.co.jp/channel/asx/hkzkt10.asx

Hey, I used to watch that show.

quote:
I see.
*prepares for giving a heart-massage in order to reanimate this thread*

well, considering this thread...perhaps you should find an assistant named Igor and wait for a severe lightning storm?

quote:
Yes and no. Technically, having no pulse counts as an "abnormal heart rhythm" and defibrillation is used to restore normal heart rhythms. But if anyone's really curious :

http://www.doh.gov.uk/heart/defibs/faq.htm

[This message has been edited by ekylo (edited 07-16-2003).]

I'm pretty much an expert on this having actually experienced it.

And no you really don't want to. After having my heart shocked back to normal. The burn marks from the electrodes itched like crazy for a few days.

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 07-20-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Seishin:

Shinpai Shinai. Most of the veterans around here haven't reached the 1000 post mark yet either.

*looks at his post count*
I'm not a veteran... I'm just a newbie!!! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]