School Days HQ official thread/FAQ

X-Calibar here~

I liked the website image :
http://schooldays.us/

So I made it into a wallpaper~

Tell me if there are any problems :smiley:

Personally, I’d prefer something less facepalm-inducing like an artbook or soundtrack CD. The manga retelling or one of the various anime renditions (the School Days TV series, Valentine Days & Magical Heart Kokoro) would make fine pack-ins as well. I’d rather stay away from bonuses that would make people sick, though (the oppai mouse pad featuring a very dejected Kotonoha comes to mind).

To my knowledge, no English-language DVDs of the School Days anime have ever been released, so this might be a good opportunity to cross-promote the franchise with Crunchyroll. I wouldn’t be opposed to a more elaborate Limited Edition with a correspondingly higher price tag, either.

The “fansubbed” version of the official Chapter 1 preview was what got me interested in School Days long before the anime version was announced, so I agree that this would be a very, very good idea.

Glad to hear it. I have to wonder what would happen if the game is successful and JAST decides to release Summer Days…

I’d rather not mention ages in the booklet at all (assuming there is one); I’d much rather dodge an issue than to outright lie about it.

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions, Shingo and Kanna.

On a totally unrelated note, we’ve seen plenty of VN-spinoff fighting games like Eternal Fighter Zero, Queen of Hearts, Melty Blood, Fate / Unlimited Codes, and Aquapazza, so why have we never seen a School Days fighter? The source material definitely lends itself well to a fighting game… I’m sure many of us would enjoy kicking the crap out of Makoto and Taisuke (among many, many others).

I agree I would also love an artbook, CD, mouse pad or anything other then panties that will be funny for a few seconds if that and then thrown somewhere and never seen again most likely.

I’m of the same opinion as well. I think an artbook would be the best bonus to get with any game, it’s the reason why I spent $160 on Flyable Heart limited edition (Noizi collections DVD). On top of that, another Junji Gotoh artbook would be awesome and compliment my other ones nicely.

Even better, a Kotonoha-sama mini figure.

The artwork in school days is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Stick with the panties.

Edit: Well not bad just horribly shaded…?

Please don’t include a pair of panties in the game package.

Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.

yeah that would be strange

For extras, I would want an oppai pad the most. Always wanted one of those, and now would be the perfect time to get one (I can see that increasing sales…). Things like the Sekai panties or an artbook would also be nice. Licensing the anime or manga would also be WAY too expensive for a simple extra. I wouldn’t even care much about that, since I already have the (non-H) manga and the Valentine OVA.

i know i will buy it i have bought every jast title in the last while buy cat girl alliance and downhill knight 1 and 2

Save that money for the good things Jast is releasing not CGA and DHN.

i meant but those 2

I really am hoping for something like an artbook. Both the oppai pad and panties seem silly.

Btw, how big is School Days? What’s so difficult about making a download version available? If there’s no download version coming, I’d also like to request that the box is SFW. :wink:

Link to the setsuna one? btw is that hair around her vagina?

The artwork in school days looks like crap when put into an artbook.

like 9 gb so

Thanks for the feedback on the extras, I’ll be passing this (and any subsequent comments or suggestions) up the chain of command. The more ideas and opinions of this sort we hear the better we’ll be able to assess our options – I can say right now that if the panties happen it won’t be a sole extra or anything, but our scientists may be so zealous that they go off and do things on their own…

Regarding your question as to the logistics of the relationship between JAST USA, Sekai Project and 0verflow, Tiffany: 0verflow is the licensor and original intellectual property holder, we are the publisher and producer, and Sekai Project is the developer - is how it’s being approached. The details of what each of those roles will entail are still being hammered out and may remain undisclosed to some degree, but as more specifics are arranged we may be able to provide additional insight into the process.

I nominate the ass pad.

Eeeeeeeww.

Sorry, I know that’s probably a girlier reaction than you guys are used to hearing from me, but somehow I find that, as a mousepad, gross, while boob pads just seem funny. (I suppose it’s because I have enough friends who really don’t mind you resting in their cleavage, whereas casually jamming your hands down their panties is obviously a WHOLE DIFFERENT STORY.)

If a game came with pointless panties I’d laugh and give them away or whatever, if a game came with THAT I plain wouldn’t buy it.

Then you obviously had no intention on buying the game the begin with.

Who doesn’t want to jam hands down her panties?

Any chance to include the drama CD with a translated .pdf or something like that?

Girls who might buy the game? (like papillon and myself)