School Days HQ official thread/FAQ

english dub would be a bad idea if you wanna do a fan dub feel free to unless jast contracts with funimation or sentai or bandai
on the dub note how was the dub for Casual Romance Club

Both the Japanese and English voice in CRC are bad due to them being poorly recorded. I highly recommend turning off the voices.

Ergh, I hate poorly recorded voices. Softhouse Chara’s Mahiru ni Odoru Hanzaisha is one of the worst offenders.

Oo
we didn’t play the same game then.
Well i don’t know about the English voice but the Japanese voice are just fine… Well, there is only long voice over during girl’s monologue, masturbation and sex scene.
The voice in G-Collection’s ZyX game are far worse than CRC for exemple.

How about hiring the English voice cast for the anime adaptation of Bible Black? I can’t help but think they weren’t taking it seriously. :stuck_out_tongue: Jast will be selling the original game, but it’s unlikely there’ll be English voices.

but the are partnered with kitty so there is a chance cause kitty does dubs

I’ve just updated the first post with a link to a list of frequently asked questions put together by Sekai Project leader Kanna. It’s a concise summary of the current status of the game and what we know about the ongoing development plan and eventual release, so if these topics are of interest I’d recommend checking it out.

Work on School Days HQ continues daily with correspondence and data moving between 0verflow, JAST USA, and Sekai Project. We hope to have a demo available within the next month that will showcase the finished(ish) look of the product, and to get an update for the official site at around that time as well, so we’ll be sure to announce when that happens.

Ooh nice! It’s good to see that things are seemingly coming together quite well. :slight_smile:

Oo
You know, all the archiver have a Multi-part function…
Just do a multi-part Zip/Rar/Z-Zip… With part about 500 or 700 MO each.

Now if it’s bandwich related problem then it’s a different matter.

the game is 10gb there is no way to do dl version a dl version would be 20 parts minimum if they did bittorrent maybe it would work that is about it

Errr… You know, with 7-Zip you can compress very well.(especially uncompressed Video files)
And, please, Not BT…

If you think School Days HQ has uncompressed video files, you’ve got another thing coming =P The game would be about 10TB if they did that!

Believe me, 0verflow knows their stuff when it comes to squeezing down insane amounts of video. I don’t think JAST will be able to reduce it further.

Too bad they don’t know their stuff the same when it comes to access the data without crashing. :stuck_out_tongue:

School Days HQ has not been patched and there are no substantial reports of bugs. 0verflow have finally gotten it right- only it’s a remake of an old game, so it’s something you’d pretty much expect =P

You know, some game with far far far far more contznt than School Days and which take up to 20 Gb of HD Space… take only one DvD of 4,4 Gb.
So, everything is possible when you want ^^

What i mean is : the size aren’t a problem anymore with all the compressing tools available.

It’s VIDEO, all VIDEO. That’s the thing that takes up SDHQ’s space, and it’s already compressed!
How do you propose compressing SDHQ’s content further? Recoding everything to H264 with CQ 50 and throwing half the quality (and platform compatibility wwww) away? You talk about games with far more content than School Days HQ, but… really? Look, models are tiny, textures are tiny, scripts are tiny… compared to dozens upon dozens of hours of video, which needs to be kept at a high enough CQ so that visible artefacts aren’t present.

You’re basically saying to trim the fat, but I don’t see where there’s a lot of fat to trim. Sure, it probably could be done, but not without a loss in visual quality, and even then it wouldn’t be a quick job.
Do you think 0verflow would have shipped the game on 2 DVDs if they could have fit it on 1 single-layer DVD and probably more than halved pressing costs?

School Days HQ, the School Days line of games rather, is made up entirely of image and video data. The size for images and video can’t be compressed further unless it’s re-encoded. Each time a video gets re-encoded there’s quality loss.

No compression algorithm exists at the moment that can compress this data more than 1-2%, because it’s just not possible. The game is already “compressed” by the fact that some scenes have been cut or reworked between School Days and School Days HQ. I actually would’ve preferred the game fill up both discs for a 15GB game instead of just 10.

in size it is about the same as a 50 episode anime

Just about the only thing I’ve ever even heard of that could possibly compress huge amounts of already-compressed data would be fractal compression, and there are no ready-for-primetime fractal video compression schemes.

Complaining that someone isn’t using nonexistent, theoretically-possible technology is not exactly fair :smiley:

DCT isn’t that much different to fractal, really… and while fractal could potentially work quite a bit better, it’s also a good bit slower and in several respects shares a lot of the same problems as wavelet compression that make it less suitable for video.