Starless Bug & Typo Reporting (Attn: Spoilers)

I did little mosaic hunting and went through the ripped CG set. Several of these have been already reported but there is some new ones also. So here is some mosaic remains and some things that looked little weird to me:

1. Mitarai's finger clips through in several images in this scene:

![](upload://y6k3E3nzrsgnVJoTpQ4PftkAeWe.jpeg)

Here it looks normal:

![](upload://af3pnuCWKZ5FwXsXclSf0tdu0v.jpeg)

2. Some mosaic also remains in this scene:

![](upload://lXCInGuhZPXoQwF9o1E4QDQ1Xdn.jpeg)

3. This is probably intended but nutcracker looks little weird here:

![](upload://3Vq4wtQtRffJFctzxJ7xV8pgMyx.jpeg)

Compare to later image where it looks fine:

![](upload://6ob3G32U2j740FSg1cF10ttWUK6.jpeg)

4. This mosaic remains through the whole scene:

![](upload://ypjYhhB35FYuvnYpx94ENS7EsM.jpeg)

5. Sawatari doesn't have his dick in one image:

![](upload://yV8U0SKKP3CxYIphGA3eXwfrz4O.jpeg)

6. This looked weird:

![](upload://wFIIbV2fE7CsKDiZBXKjTSoZGrV.jpeg)

7. Mosaic in one image:

![](upload://tZSNS04F7HELKOZoXUStCMLqH0v.jpeg)

8. Mosaic here through the scene:

![](upload://9H9cjDdWTkRKZ6eZvXldrsIQGkE.jpeg)

9. Some mosaic remains through the scene:

![](upload://p0w14O2wsH7WE0MEWflYWPnjrPz.jpeg)

10. This guy loses his dick in one image:

![](upload://m6NUicHV3RCGO5l3DqAYCztw9t6.jpeg)

11. Little mosaic left in some images in this scene:

![](upload://x6k8IIRGcDzLlbb9HFqt1X4Tz0t.jpeg)

12. Some mosaic remains through the scene:

![](upload://rAlJN8I6gKRiCUdM4L06ewCShpO.jpeg)

13. Mosaic in one image:

![](upload://1dC6poGomeCfomRKfDbSbJ7JmLy.jpeg)

14. Looks little weird to me:

![](upload://qU3almm5p7Frul4hXQhYoPOh3Hq.jpeg)

15. Dick missing in one image:

![](upload://nPG0j2ivenhw6Gd2o4jZdPM5v7B.jpeg)

16. Mosaic in one image:

![](upload://qzADbs5eMulgDXjmaQLMRwTLksD.jpeg)

17. Some mosaic remains through the scene:

![](upload://79tQv3GBqvXOpysypy782NVixXb.jpeg)

Sorry for little heavy post. I should have used jpegs.

@hummerirapu : Thanks for the really helpful post, I’ve collected your screenshots and added them to the graphics to be fixed collection. Some of the clipping may be because the art is not available so when the mosaic was removed it ended up clipped, we’ll will restore it the best we can.

![](upload://xpTa5v8Wm0QtiivsqhmOE3LfILi.jpeg)

Not that it matters much to me, but I believe the title of this thread should be updated with "Spoiler inside" or something similar. If any new comers are browsing these threads just to learn more about Starless before they are buying the game, I believe they will be put off seeing so much spoilers. With the warning, they will at least think twice before browsing this thread. Just my 2 cents...

I'd assume a bug report thread would be pretty hard to do without having spoilers...

I can't even edit my own posts yet, I wonder if topics can be edited...

Topic name changed
enjoy~

Thanks again for everyone's help. We're elbows-deep in CG images here, and have a bunch of the issues fixed (the missed mosaic images for examples). The programmer is working with us as to why the "zooming" thing happened, and we'll know more soon. The patch shouldn't take long to make. We intend to make two patches, one that fixes graphics first, and another one that fixed the text issues, to speed things along. Yes, we'll take into account that we need to patch the restored version too.

Is there any word on how it'll work? Like will the patch for the patch come out same time? Or will the patch release for the original version which will nullify the restore patch and we need to wait for that patch second? Uugu. I wanna play. ;;

We're going to try to make the patches so that will work with both versions (it'll detect if you have the restoration patch and then patch appropriately). If we can't get it working that way, then patches for both versions should come out at the same time.

Side notes while testing and confirming:

All of the posted mosaics have been fixed (for future reference, if you can post some game text around when graphical mistakes occur, that will help us find the CG)

The strange looking shots with clipping or misaligned graphics were 70% fixed- we nudged things back in place and popped the penises back on where they were missing (likely deleted along with the censor), but in some cases the graphics simply don't exist so we had to leave a few alone (sorry).

Screen shake was working for us (for the dramatic effect) if we are missing any, please give us a few lines of text around when it happens and we can add it back in (perhaps the text formatting script scrubbed a few by accident)

Gallery Mode displays the scenes without the zooming issue (And I saw one scene that was only semi zoomed), we checked the graphics files and it's not a resolution mismatch, hopefully the programmer will have some insight on this and an easy fix.

The sprite misplacement is a mixture of things as well. sometimes the sprite gets resized on screen for some reason and other times it is just in the wrong position.

Thanks again for all the great error reporting and your patience~

Thanks for timely updates. I can't wait for the actual patch and I'm glad to hear that it is being worked on with actual confirmations of things being fixed rather then general 'We're working on it' statements. Can't wait!

Thanks for the regular detailed updates Tim.

Thanks for that information. By any chance, and while you guys at it, can there be full uncensored voices, as well? I mean as I have mentioned before on this thread that some derogatory words (English equivalency of the adult words for penis and vagina…you know those that start with “d” and “p”) are censored. Can you get the uncensored version of those? Some other minor words that described brand names are censored, too, which I can understand but constant censoring of those two words are kinda tedious on the ears.

@Dogma: An uncensored version of the voice file doesn’t exist anymore, so unfortunately we cant do much about that.

Good news: the devs responded back, it looks like the zoom bug was only in a few scenes, and will be fixed along with the sprite misplacement. All the mosaics and fixable graphics anomalies have been fixed as well, we’re waiting for a build so that we can test it and send out a patch. We’ll be working on a text patch once we get the graphics patch out. Unfortunately no ETA yet, it will depend on how long it takes for us to get the build and if there are any new problems + patch testing, but we have steady progress so hopefully soon.

Hmm to wait or not to wait, Finally got around to buying the limited edition from J-List and downloaded the game but the big question is do I wait for patch or do I start the game.

As I have also got hold of the restoration patch I guess I should wait for this to be completed to make sure it works with both versions and so on.

Decided to start reading it,

I am not sure if anyone has listed this or not and it is not a major issue however in the option menu all the settings are listed as slow or fast.
This includes message window visibility, SE, BGM and Voice.

Again not a major issue but thought I should mention it and sorry if this has already been listed.

There's one more small issue with the options menu. For the skip text option, the second choice says unread only. It should say read only. Clicking unread only will still only skip text you've already read, so it works as intended. Some people might get confused by it though.

@fisty123 I played the game and didn't notice the zoom bug till a certain scene where part of a face was "zoomed" off, it's not terrible, but its not good either.. I think despite the problems the game is very playable. We have an alpha version of the first round of fixes, it needs to be tested and then made into patches.

As for the restoration patch- if we release a bugfix patch, it may work for both versions, if not we're sure someone will adapt it for the restored versions....

The option menu problems have been noted, we might try to rush it to roll it up with this version, or they may have to wait. Thanks.

Any progress on the patch? Just wondering because its been about a month since the last comment on here.

@J, keep on eye on this thread for patch updates: https://connect.jastusa.com/support/discussions/topics/5000025197/page/43

Patch 1.2 is being tested at the moment. I doubt it will take much longer.

I don’t know if you are only correcting typos now but here is one cg that still has some pixelation left.