Survey Results Up

I may not be remembering this correctly, but I believe what I found was that the pictures themselves were fairly innocuous, but if you went and downloaded the intro movie, it seemed darker.

And if you people do stuff, like, actually ask the G-Collections people outright, “Is Hitomi -My Step-Sister- a dark game?”, they will sometimes tell you. (And the answer is: Yes.)

So minus CSMT2 and perhaps or perhaps not, since I think the one after that is dark, Idoles Galore, four of their five games currently or to be released will be dark, or have dark themes featured. Does that mean these are the games that are selling the most in this market or those they hope will sell the most in this market?

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
I would actually doubt this very much. The third game might get brought over, but I don't see the last two on their list being brought over anytime soon; the difference between the two and the other 3 is just too great.

I still think and hope that the difference between two and three is small enough, considering three is over 170 votes and less then 70 away from two (which once again is less then two is from one), that it will come over, but agree the others most likely will not be brought over unless then enter another poll and win.

quote:
Originally posted by Vaga42Bond:
And if you people do stuff, like, actually ask the G-Collections people outright, "Is Hitomi -My Step-Sister- a dark game?", they will sometimes tell you. (And the answer is: Yes.)

But then we lose all our fun of baseless speculation and rampanting rumor mongering [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] Now I wonder how's the darko meter on this game is it slave padgent light grey or virgin roster pitch black [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

I am guessing somewhere in between since it seems she starts calling the PC character brother but through many ‘sessions’ probably eventually thinks more of him, even if she still calls you brother. So lighter then Virgin Roster darker then Slave Pageant?

Having no clue as to what Virgin Roster is even about, I have nothing to compare it to…

I have only heard about Virgin Roster and it seems to be a teacher that rapes his students, which is not a spoiler since I think they made no attempt to hide this fact when trying to sell the game.

Not only students. Colleagues too.
And the main character is even proud of it…

Well he’s such a nice guy is’nt he??

NOT

[This message has been edited by Thomas (edited 08-04-2004).]

Yeah… and what’s worse, later he sells them like sex slaves.

Probably after that…

1) He becomes a rich bastard;
2) He creates a new education system using sexual abuse and rape to increase grades and make more sex slaves on highschools (that system on SLAVE PAGEANT)
3) He becomes more rich, selling sex slaves to other countries;
4) He creates a Raping Bus Company (that one on X-CHANGE 1&2)
5) Finally, someone makes justice and shot the shitty bastard to the death
6) He becomes a ghost and possesses the protagonist on TSUKI ~Possession~

LOL!!
Oh my God, that was great! thanks!!! Throughly enjoyed reading that.

Hehe a dead rich ghost bastard

Well, If Hitomi is “slave pageant” dark, than IMO it isn’t really dark at all, and pretty much on par with Jewel Knights (if not even lighter)

quote:
Originally posted by GnatB:
Well, If Hitomi is "slave pageant" dark, than IMO it isn't really dark at all, and pretty much on par with Jewel Knights (if not even lighter)

Possible Spoilers

Both of which are dark because of the forced sex, rape, scenes in the games not to mention the slight psychological abuse which turns these virgin girls of now into sex starved maniacs within the hour. Sounds dark to me since it is forced.

[Edit] So if Hitomi is the same in that there are forced sex scenes and slight psychological abuse, which I imagine there is since your goal seems to be to have sex with a girl that calls you "brother" it might not be the darkest game made but it is dark.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-04-2004).]

Only the first five minutes of the game are really dark, the rest really lightens up, mostly. If you were able to skip the first five minutes of the nonconsensual stuff, you’d think that it was just a regular game where the girls are mostly willing. It has that secret wives’ club feel to it.

------------------
精神 の 神

Possible Spoilers

If you mean Slave Pageant I thought many of the at least “second times” were somewhat forced and the rest if not dark more of trying every fetish possible which I have not seen in a game since DYLHB 1, 2. Not to mention the almost total pyschological control the PC seemed to have over at least one of the characters and that too me is what made it not the cannot see hand in front of face dark, but still a dark game.

I’m still trying to figure how the fetish stuff figures into the “dark” definition, since some people seem to think “Nah, it’s not dark at all,” while I would think, “Hmmm… that’s just not my cup of tea.” Initial rape scenes aside, I didn’t find Jewel Knights very dark at all, but I think I would shade Slave Pageant quite a bit darker because of the kinky stuff and as SCDawg mentioned, there’s at least one character who seems to be “dominated,” as it were… basically I haven’t had an interest in the game, and if another game came out in that “shade” of “dark,” I probably wouldn’t be too interested either…

Minor possible spoilers

I am not sure myself how dark games like DYLHB who tried to bring in every fetish or at least those the game makers seemed to consider to be the “most popular fetishes” (that must be a fun poll to conduct), or if they can be considered something other then dark while still shading dark because parts of the DYLHB games seemed almost laughable in how they continually tried to find a way to work in the fetishes, which, even with characters seemingly dependent on them, suddenly seem to vanish at the end.

All in all though the dark games are a turn off for the abuse, domination, rape, etc. and the fetish games can be dark at times and some can make a dark game perhaps darker.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 08-04-2004).]

We turn now to a breaking news story. This just in:

=====

G-Collections survey results are in!

By popular demand, G-Collections is proud to announce that the top three winners of our survey will be translated.
“Let’s Meow Meow!” by Yamikumo-Communications
"HITOMI -My Stepsister-" by Mercure
And added by Popular Request!
“Anata no Osanazuma” by Trabulance
Get ready for these and other exciting adventures.
Thank you for your participation!