Tell me a little more about Family Project

That doesn’t help. :stuck_out_tongue: They’re always on the roof. It’s where a significant amount of story development occurs. But they really don’t help out with each other’s problems much. You find out what they are, but nothing is done to resolve them.

One thing, people mentioned that the story’s slow. Are we talking like Wind a Breath of Heart slow or (gulps) slower than that?

so how is the walkthrough going

Not good. I had to take a break altogether. I plan on getting back to it in a few hours, but oi…

Just to counter-act the bad will from Reikon (I think he’s the one): Haruka is cute, wonderful, and perfect… and smooth… :oops:

i found a walkthrough online that has Masumi and haruka done as well as the starting route
http://www.japanesebirdcookingspaghetti … oject.html

This is a better translation of that one Japanese walkthrough I saw. Nice to see someone has at least 2 paths written out.

Sorry I can’t do it any faster, but man this game is longer than I expected. I thought I would have been able to get through most of the routes by now. I have never taken this long for a VN.

I believe this is JAST USA’s longest eroge released to date. It’s about 36% longer than Yume Miru Kusuri and almost three times as long as Kana, Little Sister in terms of Japanese text. Demonbane, by the way, is almost 30% longer than Family Project. Edelweiss and KIRAKIRA are approximately the same length as Demonbane. Suika A.S+ is about the same length as Family Project.

at least demonbane is having help with the translation so maybe it will be done in 5 months (i hope)

I thought about using it as a guide to speed the process along, but those odditties made it more difficult. I tried several translation tools, (my Japanese is still huddled in a corner crying after importing Shuffle!, and they said English is a hard language to learn), but half the stuff was odd, the other half gibberish.

OK, the first scene on the roof with Masumi.

Just finished Masumi’s route. Probably the best one so far in terms of the overall presentation. I like the fact that the epilogue shows the family back together again… actually I was just happy that I I could find out what happened to all of them.

It’s wierd, but unlike YMK and even Kana, the erotica aspects seem tacked on for the most part. Sort of an after-thought. They can basically be removed and nothing would be really lost. A bit dissapointed considering some of the trust involved in such an act isn’t adequately displayed.

EDIT: Re-played Matsuri’s route… I really don’t like the ending. I don’ know if it is the translation or what, but what the hell happened? What is the problem with his eyes? It can’t be the injury since nothing was said or made of it after the incident… that was just a poorly written ending.

While I haven’t played KiraKira, I would suggest you wait to play KK. I started playing it but stopped around the time Matsuri was going to ‘join the family’ since the translation is so bad. It’s probably the worst translation I have ever seen in one of JAST’s games.

Example:

While it shows potential, a lot of the lines are hard to understand and translated weird. I think you would get a much better experience if you waited for the patch. The current release was obviously rushed.

Well, at least I’ll have Shuffle! to look forward to while waiting for the patch :lol:

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the example. The line is simply a brusque analogy. Given the rough demeanor of the protagonist (as I understand it, I still haven’t received my copy), that kind of line comes as no surprise to me.

Yeah, I’m actually thinking of purchasing Shuffle from MangaGamer if they release the Essence+ remake. (which would be my first MangaGamer game) I’m surprised they could get such a big title. Hopefully, the translation is better than their old releases. (and KK’s…) Now, if only they would release packaging…

Edit:

@Kizumukashii: It just doesn’t work in the script. While I did play that part of KK with little sleep, I remember it being really awkward and unintentionally hilarious. While not all of the lines are bad, many are. Another example:

Apparently, Chunhua talks in third person sometimes…

The translation really isn’t that good… I can just picture an awkward line ruining an emotional scene.

i’d really be far more tempted with the packaging, even if it cost a bit more.

I think MangaGamer would get so many more sales if they only started to package their games. I would even pay the Japanese price (around $100; but some of MG’s games already are close to that already…) if they packaged them how they are in Japan. I think JAST/MG should try selling a more expensive Limited Edition for once and see how it sells. (and I don’t mean the crappy LEs for old games like Critical Point that only came with a bonus demo disk; that isn’t worth spending extra money.)

Well, I’m glad I’m not the only one complaining about the translation. I often feel like I’m the only one. People just can’t seem to spot bad writing nowadays. :roll: And you’re only complaining about the beginning. It gets much worse.

I’m not very far into the game I think, (Just went shopping with Masumi, the first time in case there are more) and there are some really bad spots, not to mention that idiot Hiroshi.

Honestly, I’m pretty disappointed so far. No where near the level of polish as YMK.

Has anyone actually contacted them seeing if they could run Shuffle as a test market?