Tell me a little more about Family Project

I’m really glad I’m waiting then. Like vick, I expected a translation that would be just as good, if not better, than YMK. I’m a little shocked it took them two years just to get a translation like this…

(Maybe half the time they were deciding whether they should also censor Matsuri’s H-scene as well… (I kid, I kid. :smiley: I don’t want to start an insane fight again.))

And about Shuffle’s translation, I doubt it will be too bad. Even if it sucks at first, MG can’t afford to let it bomb in an area like that. Maybe it will be edited again like Da Capo and Suika.

Da Capo didn’t receive a major script patch. It was just some minor stuff. Suika only had one script release ( maybe because I got it right the first time :stuck_out_tongue: ). There’s no history of them doing significant revisions.

Now this example I can agree with.

Oh, really? I thought they were originally released for a few days and then MG pulled them due to bad translations. Anyway, I kind of doubt they will let something as huge as Shuffle get a bad translation in the first place. Maybe they hired some of the previous fantranlastors that they had worked with them on their other games. (they did it with Higurashi) Either way, I can’t see Shuffle have a bad translation, at least for not more than a short period of time.

Yeah, you’ll even get sound effects that they forgot to tranlate into English. Lines like “Hiroshi: Ahahahah! [big, hearty laugh]”. There is a lot of editor text like that still in the game.

Da Capo was pulled, but it didn’t get major revisions in that period of time. Major revisions take a lot of time, on the order of months. Da Capo wasn’t pulled for that long. Suika was never pulled.

The Shuffle fan translation team seems to be trying to release the Shuffle patch on their own, so it doesn’t seem like they’re working with MG on it. The Higurashi translation currently does not have the fan translators on board.

I’ve gotten through both Aoba’s and Musumi’ s routes. I liked Aoba’s overall story and resolution better, but Musumi’s ending scene will probably wind up being the best in the game overall. Yeah, the translation’s not as tight as YMK, but the conflict resolution/problem solving in KK is very similar to YMK. Just like YMK, you can’t help everyone and the entire family’s issues don’t get resolved in one playthrough, which is actually kind of nice since it allows you to replay the game without just skipping text all day farming CG.

As to the story in general, I’m a Hiroshi fan… he’s just over-the-top insane, and I find him hilarious. Aoba’s ice queen act is what makes her my favorite girl overall in the game, she can be such a bitch but still completely awesome at the same time, which is tough to pull off. Musumi’s a complete airhead, which is kind of entertaining, but I found it really hard to suspend my sense of disbelief during her route, cause well, her problem isn’t that she’s gullible or too trusting, she just repeatedly does whatever someone tells her to do even when she knows its not in her best interest. Chunhua is pretty funny as well, and her bike kicks ass. The story is very entertaining, but it’s not quite the emotional roller-coaster that YMK was, which is fine, they are different games after all, but maybe I was just expecting too much from KK in the story department overall. Of course, I still have 3 routes to finish so my overall opinion of the game is far from finalized. I mean after I played through Musumi’s route first I was a bit disappointed, then the great ending hit, and then I completed Aoba’s route and my opinion of the game jumped up a lot from there. I’m probably going to play through Jun’s route next and coin flip between Chunhua and Matsumi to see who I finish out with, since I’ve got a feeling that those are the two routes that are going to be the heaviest story wise.

I have gotten through all the routes but Masumi’s which I probably wont do … well any time soon as Chunhuas was heavy but moving in the end indeed- I must say I really enjoyed Aobas route ending and conclusion the best so far , and Matsuris for other reasons to… And I must say I think it will probably stay that way . Though I am eager to see how hers ends… I think its coin toss as to which will really be the heaviest route but then again … its all personal perspective right? I think I may be a true Aoba personality fan boy sigh - finished all routes by Masumi’s* and im 99% hers sigh* just tad more to go

do the 2 at the beginning count toward the haruka count

Yes.

I’m wondering when the download version will be ready, according to a news post last week on jast-usa.com it should already be out, but nothing’s happened yet :x

Hrm… it’s available for purchase on J-List: http://www.jlist.com/SEARCH/GC033
Are you still waiting for it to “ship” or something?

hm, it says the download version is priced at $34.95 and of course, no shipping.

but when i go to checkout i see this:

Qty Description Price
1 Family Project ~ Kazoku Keikaku (Download Edition) $39.95

Subtotal   	$39.95 
					Flat Shipping (San Diego) 	$7.00 
								Total   $46.95 

thats why i havent bought it from jlist

I got charged for shipping as well on my “download only” order and it still hasn’t shipped. To be honest, I can shrug off the shipping fee, but it would be nice if I could actually get my download access now.

I don’t know - a girl who narrates her actions could be fun and quirky to have around … not to mention sex would be like engaging in an real life eroge.

was it just me or did Tsukasa seemrather beat up at the end of matsuri’s route… I mean 1 arm and 1 eye going? though he does have 2 daughters and a beautiful wife shrug

Maybe spoiler posts should be moved to the other thread and this thread should be kept spoiler free for someone who wants to know about the game and haven’t played yet?

http://novelnews.net/2009/07/14/fan-pat … u-koro-ni/

The fantranslators that were working on Higurashi are working with MG on the release.

Either way, I just hope Shuffle gets a good translation. I don’t want to pay so much for a download that has a bad translation. I hope MG has learned their lesson by now.

I don’t think that would work with Chunhua. :smiley: She would have to narrate everything in Chinese.

Speaking of Chunhua, the seiyuu who voices her obviously know zero Chinese. Whenever Chunhua speaks, it sounds like how Japanese try to say English words. Xie xie is not pronounced “shi-e- shi-e-”. (and this is coming from someone that knows some Chinese) It still makes her sound cute, but just not very believable…

Matsuri’s route was heavy, but I’m happy I got her ending the first time around, I think she deserves a happy ending more than the others. But I’m so exhausted with the game, it will probably be a while before I play another route.

No, they are currently discussing it with MG. I was talking to them the other day about it, and they’re still undecided.

And along the lines of what I said earlier… they’re not working with MG. They’re continuing along on their own.