the big announcement your guess

heh,well it does look pretty interesting! [size=50]I prefer NVL style format and this seems to have it ;_;…[/size] Whats it about,anyway?

I don’t really know and the story on the getchu page etc. doesn’t really help, but that just makes it more interesting!

Don’t the reviews give you an idea of the plot? Is it horror/syfy/romance/action ;_;???

Seems to be horror/psychological

Got a web archive for the site page ?

jast just posted this one twitter “Good morning Twitter! Anime Expo is in 5 days, and we’ll have a special preview of our announcements there up at JAST USA later today.”
what are your guessed for the announcements my hope is 3 methods the conquer the world or another gender change h-game
or maybe something else from tl wiki my guess is they might snipe Majikoi from Yandere
if i had to guess another title it would be something from nitro+

I’m guessing that it’s going to be Shoin.

they said announcements so at least 2 games and what is shoin please link to it on vndb

you could have just typed ‘shoin’ in the search box on vndb and found it yourself
Anyway, if I have to guess 2 games, my other guess is ???.

can you tell me anything about shion other than the fact that it is good
it has no description and it got 2 9’s and 2 8’s

The voice acting fees for that title would probably bankrupt Jast, and you really wouldn’t want to license it without voices.

Also, making announcements doesn’t necessarily entail new licenses. One could be that Yukkuri Panic is on sale and another could be President going Golden Master.

It’s an eroge with two parallel stories in the same setting with the same characters. One is a spiral of sin and redemption, the other a mystery that must be solved before winter arrives. Gameplay involves making choices and solving puzzles. It is similar to Sayonara wo Oshiete in that much of the ‘adventure’ is metaphorical and the heroines themselves are largely products of the protagonist’s memories and scrambled perceptions.

This. I can’t name a single piece of media that matches Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai in the amount of recorded voice - there’s certainly no eroges that come close. It’s simply staggering. The fact that many of the voice actors are quite notable just makes it worse.

My guess is if they’re announcing a new game they’re just going to tell us “We’re licensing Jingai Maikyou after all”

it depends on if Minato Soft will be bitches like about the voices like BaseSon was

How were BaseSon ‘bitches’, out of curiosity? You do realise seiyuu typically aren’t in-house staff right? =P

i mean about the voices
it just kinda pissed my off about the voice thing
if it sounded bad i am sorry
i am just saying minato soft might not have to re-license the voices for usa release like bason had to the usa release of koihime muso

Yes but what does BaseSon have to do with anything? They didn’t record the voices. The reason a certain number of sales are needed to voice the game is because the licensing costs for the voices, which need to be paid to the recording studio (the same would have been required for a console port of said game, for example) would make it unprofitable to license these voices if the sales volume is too low.

I’d say it is virtually guaranteed MinatoSoft would have to pay to license the voices for an overseas distribution. Whether they can manage to wrangle a deal to do it cheaply (given the expected low sales volume) is another question.

The unfortunate truth is that MangaGamer’s sales are really really low. Jast USA’s sales are - I hope - better, but they can’t be THAT much better, or we’d be seeing a lot more titles coming out.

The reason more and better games aren’t getting released is low sales. BaseSon wasn’t being bitchy when they removed the voice from Koihime. They were being desperate. Businesses can’t justify losing money, and if the game needs to sell an unrealistic number of copies to turn a profit, then you have to cut costs or nix the release. I mean, here we are months later, and they haven’t even broken a thousand copies sold yet (which is what they said their break-even point to be profitable on the unvoiced version was).

Jast posted a blurred out preview collage of what are apparently new licenses.
http://twitpic.com/5hlo82
Pleased to see that one is Django, recognized it from my copy’s cover art. Also looks like they have Kikokugai, Saya no Uta, and Sumaga.
Can’t make out the others though.
If they licensed all these then that’s quite a haul.

The one on the far right is STARLESS wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Third from the left is possibly Hanachirasu?