The NEW, Not Very Official, Hammer Out In A Day, Virtual

Yes. Still waiting for the update when the patch is released.
Sorry G-guys, this will not go away as you seem to think.

No it won’t but I wonder if they will realize that or continue to try to wait out this storm. Word of advice to those from G-C that read this board, don’t wait, no matter how good things might look at the moment, don’t wait.

Ok anyone that supports vmate is got to be stupid. Anytime you change the hardware as in upgrades in your system it will now recognise it as a new INSTALL and you can only do this 3 times total! Now even M$ isn’t this bad… Guess people must never upgrade in Japan because I upgrade on average 3 times a year improving my computer in some way form or another. I do a fresh install of windows about 6-9 months so I have a clean efficient running system for all the new games. This system would have me not being able to play the game within a year. The total system is just plain STUPID! So I won’t be supporting G-Collections anymore myself. Oh and remember you give this away or resell it it’s still ONLY good for 3 times total! You have to give them your USERNAME and password for them to reregister it to play it themselves.

and best of all WE are suppose to be GLAD because they lowered the product $10.00… $10.00 for this big HEADACHE to legitimate purchasers of the product? I have quite a few expletives for the stupidity of G-Collections thinking I’m going to be happy to deal with all this BS to save a lousy $10.00.

[This message has been edited by molitar (edited 11-14-2004).]

quote:
Ok anyone that supports vmate is got to be stupid.

Please respect each other's opinions...
quote:
Anytime you change the hardware as in upgrades in your system it will now recognise it as a new INSTALL and you can only do this 3 times total! Now even M$ isn't this bad.. Guess people must never upgrade in Japan because I upgrade on average 3 times a year improving my computer in some way form or another. I do a fresh install of windows about 6-9 months so I have a clean efficient running system for all the new games. This system would have me not being able to play the game within a year.

Which is why we must prompt G-Collections to release the patch within a year, or not too long after that.
Besides, I doubt you will play it the entire year. Most people here are done with a bishoujo game within a week, even.
quote:
Oh and remember you give this away or resell it it's still ONLY good for 3 times total! You have to give them your USERNAME and password for them to reregister it to play it themselves.

Then don't. Support the bishoujo game industry and buy another copy to give away.
quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Then don't. Support the bishoujo game industry and buy another copy to give away.

Buy another copy so I can sell it to someone? What?

quote:
I doubt you will play it the entire year. Most people here are done with a bishoujo game within a week, even.

I play through a game once, then come back later and play for another ending, then later another, etc. Am I to be prevented from playing my games that way now?

I agree molitar was out of line, but...

quote:
Buy another copy so I can sell it to someone? What?

If you want to give it away.
As for selling... Well, I already explained my stance on that before. This is a very small industry. Selling your game is one less legit copy bought.
quote:
I play through a game once, then come back later and play for another ending, then later another, etc. Am I to be prevented from playing my games that way now?

I said -most-. And I know where you're coming from. I play that way myself with Brave Soul.

This all comes down towards the patch, in the end.

quote:
As for selling... Well, I already explained my stance on that before. This is a very small industry. Selling your game is one less legit copy bought.

Just because I'm the one selling it doesn't mean it isn't legitimate...and I've explained my stance on this as well. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] People new to the industry are much more likely to buy a game at half cost, to try it out, than buy a full price copy when they're not even sure if they'll like it. In that way, resale draws in new customers that will end up buying the games full price. See, it makes sense, and everyone is happy, instead of just GC...

quote:

I upgrade on average 3 times a year improving my computer in some way form or another. I do a fresh install of windows about 6-9 months so I have a clean efficient running system for all the new games. This system would have me not being able to play the game within a year.

Same for me! Thats why i wont be buying this games before i get an answer on when the patch is released.

Monday and almost 3 weeks from the day they released the game and still no update on the patch!!

[This message has been edited by Thomas (edited 11-15-2004).]

quote:
Just because I'm the one selling it doesn't mean it isn't legitimate

I never said that. But if you want to nitpick, you have agreed to G-Collections' EULA that states that you can't sell your games.
quote:
Monday and almost 3 weeks from the day they released the game and still no update on the patch!!

And no crack either. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

You said “Selling your game is one less legit copy bought.” And I say that my copy is just as legitimate as the ones GC sells.

quote:
But if you want to nitpick, you have agreed to G-Collections’ EULA that states that you can’t sell your games.

Let’s not even go there.

quote:
And no crack either. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Let's wait and see if this medicine will kill them both, the disease and the horse, LOL!!!! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
You said "Selling your game is one less legit copy bought." And I say that my copy is just as legitimate as the ones GC sells.

Exactly. Someone who buys your used copy won't buy a new copy, thus one less sale. Get it? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Not one less sale if they wouldn’t have bought the full-price version anyway. And more sales for GC if the half-price version brings in new buyers for future titles. But now we’re just going in circles.

quote:
And no crack either. :D

I think they just smoked it all ¬_¬

Saw this in a thread elsewhere about Half Life 2 -

quote:

It’s also selling incredibly slowly. Out of the 50 copies we sold today (Compared to GTA:SA on launch day. Over 800), 13 were returned because A) They didn’t have a DVD drive, or B) Didn’t have an internet connection.

The box does say in large letters “DVD-ROM” and “INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR INSTALLATION”, but oh well.

So even the half-life players, with a game with obvious multiplayer components, are having trouble with this whole net connection required thing?

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
Saw this in a thread elsewhere about Half Life 2 -

So even the half-life players, with a game with obvious multiplayer components, are having trouble with this whole net connection required thing?

Not necessarily. The game could just suck. People could have had their friends pick up a copy, say, then found out 'oh, it won't work' and taken it back.

It doesn't bode well, certainly, but it's not that simple.

Sick and tired to wait for a reply that obviously they don’t want to provvide us, i decided myself to join a pirate irc chat channel, just to listen their thoughts on the matter.
I listened to them talking for three hours, and one of them posted a point that gave me a lot to think…
The question was, approssimatively:

"If V-Mate is going to be the ultimative weapon against piracy, why should they provvide to their customers a patch that, if disassembled, can provvide the key to circumventing it?"

What do you think about it?
It makes pretty sense to me, even if it is a pirate’s thought.
If that’s true, we can forgot about patches for any kind of V-Mate games now and in the future…

[This message has been edited by Italicus (edited 11-18-2004).]

That’s pretty obvious, Italicus. They said they’re going to release the patch within a year after the end of a game’s sales. In other words, they are not planning to disable the v-mate at all for the time being. It’s just that someday way down the road when it doesn’t matter anymore, they will unlock it. You just have to take a v-mate game at face value. If you don’t want to play it with v-mate, don’t buy it. The patch promise is just to assure us that all of our games won’t be reduced to useless discs years down the road, but it’s not something that they are going to release anytime in the near future. At least, that’s my take on it.

quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
That's pretty obvious, Italicus. They said they're going to release the patch within a year after the end of a game's sales. In other words, they are not planning to disable the v-mate at all for the time being. It's just that someday way down the road when it doesn't matter anymore, they will unlock it. You just have to take a v-mate game at face value. If you don't want to play it with v-mate, don't buy it. The patch promise is just to assure us that all of our games won't be reduced to useless discs years down the road, but it's not something that they are going to release anytime in the near future. At least, that's my take on it.

The patch promise was just a lie to let the turmoil caused by their sudden announcement to die down.
And the promise that V-Mate was going to die out in a year is a fake, too. My take on it.

Well, in Japan they have two releases, one with the V-mate clone and one without. That doesn’t make sense to me either, at least if the main goal is to prevent piracy. Therefore I wouldn’t be surprised if GC did something that didn’t make any apparent sense, like release a patch. Like bishounen_blue said, by then it won’t matter anyway, as someone WILL have cracked it. I don’t really care anyway, because GC’s current promise is an empty one, in my regard, and I would sooner forget they ever made it than trust it.